Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Son Of General Retro Discussion

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,793 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm very slow today :( at least I have painkillers to blame :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

o1s1n wrote: »
    This is my exact one. Had the video on the auction.

Actually no wait, that's the one I was MEANT to get but he sent one with a green backlight instead.

I was annoyed to begin with, but then realized the green is probably much easier to look at.
    I am very sad, Would love that bad boy!

The backlight is the killer on these things

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Is it too easy?

It's highly addictive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I'm very slow today :( at least I have painkillers to blame :P
    DinoRex wrote: »
    It's highly addictive.

We were both wrong :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Happy 59th birthday to the big man himself:

5U15K.jpg

What better birthday gift than to buy his newest game Super Marioland 3D!
    Can't wait for Friday!

• Advertisement

EnterNow wrote: »
    We were both wrong :D

I do hope you've all seen the South Park episode that's being referenced!
    CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Can't wait for Friday!

I'm going with Skyward Sword... probably the only game that stands a chance of weening me off Skyrim.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,392 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

More Hama bead greatness from the 8 year olds!

320770_10150541651424838_503414837_11446677_715926619_n.jpg

308374_10150541662549838_503414837_11446806_945201242_n.jpg

309059_10150541660729838_503414837_11446792_2023704973_n.jpg

They have magnets stuck on the back to put them on a whiteboard. Going to do another project where they make backgrounds for em.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Well, didn't take long for MAME 0.144 to be released (without the CAVE drivers) and then to be recompiled (with the CAVE drivers).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Hooray,
    Completed my BLS, now I'm properly certified to go around, saving lives...

It's what we do...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRS3NzuEqb8PV4PBEbUryc88ZQ9pNjm35p1R9NfUERFFXivYHyFcixPmjam

Now, if you get that superhero reference you're the same vintage as myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I dont get it :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭SdoowSirhc

Happy 59th birthday to the big man himself:

5U15K.jpg

Can't wait for Friday!
    Good idea! If I still have a 3ds by Friday, I haven't clocked 7 yet on mine since the start of October, Im starting to think I should get a psp to satisfy my needs !

Oh wow!

Some outstanding knock offs in here:

http://imgur.com/a/9faJt

Such as:

XyEoF.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭SdoowSirhc

Oh wow!

Some outstanding knock offs in here:

http://imgur.com/a/9faJt

Such as:

XyEoF.jpg
    Christmas is sorted :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Pick of the bunch 'it's just not a game anymore'.

More importantly. Why are megaman games so more than €20! All I want is some boxed gameboy megaman games. Hope Santa reads that.

Btw can I ask people to stop talking about Dark Souls and Skyrim. I can only buy 2 games this Xmas. That's mario 3d and mario kart 7.
    Hope Santa reads that I need a 3ds as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

tumblr_ltnagjiIDk1qbgmqco1_400.jpg?t=1321500322
    tumblr_ltpf2hgCd81qzypfko1_13196845.jpg?t=1321500332

Master of the Universe

Anyone having difficulty sticking to one game at the moment or even just finding feckin time to play them all?

I tested out Skyrim on my lappy last night and it runs perfect. I'd love to start a game, but I'm still currently playing Dark Souls.

Then there's Shinobi and Mario for the 3DS coming out this week. I also need to pick up Dodonpachi Resurrection and Aliens Infestation.

To top it all off, they're all modern games. with my Saturn back I want to start giving more time to Radiant Silvergun and start Panzer Dragoon Saga again.

God damn it, if only humans didn't need to sleep. We'd have so many more hours in the day.

I appear to be looking at Jaguar games on eBay.
    Im not sure how I got here but I dont like it >_>

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Anyone having difficulty sticking to one game at the moment or even just finding feckin time to play them all?

Yes! Whenever I get home from work I'm usually too tired to start up a game of something and then on my days off I usually sleep lots or go out and socialize.

For me atm is Assassins Creed & Rocksmith (mainly cause im gonna finally learn to play that fcukin guitar if it kills me!!)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,089 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Dark Souls was the first game in ages to hold my undivided attention, and I'm doing fairly well juggling Batman and DoDonPachi (sorry, Uncharted 3 multiplayer).

I have neglected the excellent Disgaea 4 for a while though - definitely want a few more hours playing that. But as you say, time is a fickle mistress.

• Advertisement

As for Skyrim.

I'm a werewolf now, werewolves are cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Hooray,
    Completed my BLS, now I'm properly certified to go around, saving lives...

It's what we do...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRS3NzuEqb8PV4PBEbUryc88ZQ9pNjm35p1R9NfUERFFXivYHyFcixPmjam

Now, if you get that superhero reference you're the same vintage as myself!

Lol The Greatest American Hero

Am i really that old:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Don't get me started. It's hard enough trying to decide between Assassin's Creed and Zelda for this weekend and then my oh chimes in and says we need the hall, stairs and landing painted as well as all of the interior doors in the house. Really I think they're fine but bitches be crazy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Don't get me started. It's hard enough trying to decide between Assassin's Creed and Zelda for this weekend and then my oh chimes in and says we need the hall, stairs and landing painted as well as all of the interior doors in the house. Really I think they're fine but bitches be crazy.

Buy her a Nomad. As Atavan always says, bitches loves Nomads.

Sparks43 wrote: »
    Lol The Greatest American Hero

Am i really that old:eek:

Odd how that show never seems to have been repeated over the years. Only remember seeing it when it was first on.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,793 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm having trouble as well. Dark Souls has taken over everything. Poor Xenoblade will have to wait until that is finished and Faselei and Dragon Quest IX on the handhelds are sorrowfully neglected. And then thisfriday I'll probably drop everything again for skyward sword. I'm proud of myself for avoiding everything about that game.

I'm having trouble as well. Dark Souls has taken over everything. Poor Xenoblade will have to wait until that is finished and Faselei and Dragon Quest IX on the handhelds are sorrowfully neglected. And then thisfriday I'll probably drop everything again for skyward sword. I'm proud of myself for avoiding everything about that game.

This is the feature I'm looking forward to the most in Skyward Sword:

Skyrim doesn't have that in it!

Master of the Universe

Ah!!! Xenoblade!!! I had a feeling there was another game I was forgetting. I was really enjoying that, but Dark Souls just came up along and kind of kicked everything I'd been playing to the curb.

As for Faselei, I put it in my NGP to make sure it was working and that was it. Completely forgot I even had that game. Another must play to add to the ever growing list.

I dont get it :(

My BLS certification is Basic Life Support or the new name for CPR, I have to redo it every 2 years, in fact everyone should.
    Remember
    Circulation, or start 30 compressions immediately
    Airway, then check airway is open
    Breath, give 2 breaths, you'll see the chest rise..
    then repeat until the emergency services get there.

The guy in the red PJs is from The Greatest American Hero, a seldom repeated tv show about a reluctant superhero and his CIA handler, William Katt and Robert Culp.
    Very funny and made back in 83 or so.

• Advertisement

Damn it I just remembered Skyward Sword is motion controlled :( due to an infection I can't move my arm so skyward sword will have to wait :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement