Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Bargains (not Freebies)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭simon360

Skerries wrote: »
    are you a peasant or a member of the glorious master race and can you buy online or B&M?

By peasant I believe you mean console? I am a Peasant who is also a member of the master race in that case :P I can buy anywhere, looking for Xbox copy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭Jacovs

Whats the cheapest Skyrim going at the moment? Standard or Legendary edition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭Scar Tissue

Jacovs wrote: »
    Whats the cheapest Skyrim going at the moment? Standard or Legendary edition.

Link

Cheapest Legendary Edition is $31 on Nuuvem, standard edition is $25 on steam

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

I've wanted one of the Capitalism games for a while. Anyone play the other ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭jimjamcoolio

Anyone know where is the cheapest place to buy Super Street Fighter 4 for pc? I've heard it's the best fighting game for pc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭altairscreed

Link

Cheapest Legendary Edition is $31 on Nuuvem, standard edition is $25 on steam

Thats a steal for €24

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Anyone know where is the cheapest place to buy Super Street Fighter 4 for pc? I've heard it's the best fighting game for pc.

FYI "Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition, Version 2012" is the current and best version of the game (referred to in shorthand as "AE 2012"). Don't buy "Super SF4" as you'll be 2 version behind and likely have very few people to play with.

"Ultra Street Fighter 4" is schedule to come out sometime next year on consoles and steam, and will replace AE 2012 at that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 BlueWolves

http://www.nuuvem.com.br/promo/dose-dupla-ubisoft

11 Games for 30 euro. Use google chrome to translate to english. Didn't buy this myself but have bought from them before and looking above so have other people. Games activated on steam for me.

Anno 2070
    Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
    Driver San Francisco
    From Dust
    Ghost Recon: Future Soldier
    I Am Alive
    Might & Magic Clash of Heroes
    Rayman Origins
    Splinter Cell: Conviction
    Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X 2

and one from
    Blazing Angels 2
    Brothers in Arms Hells Highway
    CSI Fatal Conspiracy

EDIT: These games might only activate on Uplay because they are ubisoft games. (I'm not sure)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

Bioshock Infinite (PC Download) for a little over €14 on Game.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭RogerWilco1982

Apologies if this isn't the right place, but, I bought Battlefield 3 with The Humble Bundle the other day.

Does anyone know where to get the best price for the Premium Expansions? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

Apologies if this isn't the right place, but, I bought Battlefield 3 with The Humble Bundle the other day.

This seems to be fairly cheap!
    http://www.kinguin.net/battlefield-series/battlefield-3-premium-ea-origin-key.html

EDIT

A question from myself, is there any cheap and easy to pick up strategy games? Have a few in my library, but haven't been able to really master them. In saying that I have Civ V and it's the only one I haven't had a go at yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

Squaddy wrote: »
    I dont know if this is a bargain but you can buy Xbox 360 and PSP for less than 3 euro a week in Dixons in Drogheda. 21% interest.

Id say that constitutes a rip off designed to exploit the poor who cannot afford to buy it in cash. If you cant buy something that low in value without having to pay lots of interest, I suggest you cannot afford it and shouldnt buy it. Dont let capitalism destroy your life!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭altairscreed

marko93 wrote: »
    A question from myself, is there any cheap and easy to pick up strategy games? Have a few in my library, but haven't been able to really master them. In saying that I have Civ V and it's the only one I haven't had a go at yet!
    Civ V is my favourite strategy game and it didn't take me too long too get used to it at all especially compared to other games like CK2 and EU3 also I bought EU IV a few days ago and I found that game a lot easier to get into compared to the previous Paradox titles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Vanilla Civ 5 has got some very mixed reviews so if I were you I'd pick up at the very least the Gods & Kings expansion and if you're willing the Brave New World expansion as well (there's a few other bits and pieces of DLC you could pick up as well, not hugely important though). Once you've done that though Civ 5 is one of the best turn-based strategy games out there.

I think someone was saying Europa Universalis is on Nuuvem.com.br for about €20-something as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,292 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

it's here for €15.19, use fast5coupon to get that price

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

A combination of just messing with the game, taking notes (yes I mean actual notes!) and watching youtube videos every now and again. The latter isn't really necessary but sometimes it's provides a fresh perspective. Best way to learn any strategy game is by experimenting and finding out what doesn't work. In other words aim to make as many mistakes as possible. :)

Anyone suddenly unable to buy from Nuuvem? Trying to get a copy of Brave New World for my brother so I created an account for him on the site but when I go to add it to the cart it comes up with "this product is not available in your region", I was able to buy it fine myself back when it was on preorder. :confused:

Alternatively anyone know where I could get a decently priced key for it elsewhere?

Anyone suddenly unable to buy from Nuuvem? Trying to get a copy of Brave New World for my brother so I created an account for him on the site but when I go to add it to the cart it comes up with "this product is not available in your region", I was able to buy it fine myself back when it was on preorder. :confused:

Alternatively anyone know where I could get a decently priced key for it elsewhere?

€13.88 here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Got myself a 500GB PS3 with 2 controllers for 200 euro in xtravision, galway. They still have a halo 4 xbox bundle, PS Vita and Wii U (dont know if wii u is part of the sale). Shame I have no games for it until I find a cheap PS+ year card.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

Got myself a 500GB PS3 with 2 controllers for 200 euro in xtravision, galway. They still have a halo 4 xbox bundle, PS Vita and Wii U (dont know if wii u is part of the sale). Shame I have no games for it until I find a cheap PS+ year card.

Few people are giving away PS+ Subs on the freebie tread. Worth asking. Only works if you've never had PS+ before (I assume you haven't)
    PS Vita was 150 this week in Carlow. Not sure how many they have. I'm hoping one is left next Friday for my paypad!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

Thanks lads!

Was really into Shogun TW and Rome TW a few years back. May give Shogun 2 a proper go. Will look into BNW soon!

EDIT

Gods and Kings can be had for 7 quid or BNW can be had for 17.
    Which would to pick up?

€13.88 here

Thanks, ended up getting it off GMG.
    Gods and Kings can be had for 7 quid or BNW can be had for 17.
    Which would to pick up?

I would've assumed you had to buy G&Ks first because it's the first expansion and presumably BNW builds on its architecture.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 BlueWolves

Just wait for the PSN store to update today and I think that when you buy one year you get a 90 day one free and they stack so if you bought too that's 180 days free. I read it somewhere on Reddit (It was announced at the gamescom thing i believe). Make sure it says somewhere on the page though that you get the 90 days free because it hasn't updated yet and the offer runs into September (until the 20th I think).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

Ittle Dew is part of the latest Be Mine 9 games and charity bundle on Groupees. Available for ~€3.75.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,116 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Alice Madness returns and Kingdoms of Amalur are €3 each on Origin. seems like an ok deal.

Borderlands 2 ~€5.85 Steam redeemable

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Borderlands 2 ~€5.85 Steam redeemable
    Or buy here and save yourself the 85 cent.

http://jeuxvideo.gamesplanet.com/acheter-telecharger-jeux-pc/Borderlands-2---Mac-3630-38.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Mister Man wrote: »
    Few people are giving away PS+ Subs on the freebie tread. Worth asking. Only works if you've never had PS+ before (I assume you haven't)
    PS Vita was 150 this week in Carlow. Not sure how many they have. I'm hoping one is left next Friday for my paypad!
    BlueWolves wrote: »
    Just wait for the PSN store to update today and I think that when you buy one year you get a 90 day one free and they stack so if you bought too that's 180 days free. I read it somewhere on Reddit (It was announced at the gamescom thing i believe). Make sure it says somewhere on the page though that you get the 90 days free because it hasn't updated yet and the offer runs into September (until the 20th I think).

Thanks guys, I'll check out freebies and then see about buying one. Was looking at whats on offer this month and it is making me regret playing for xb gold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Thanks guys, I'll check out freebies and then see about buying one. Was looking at whats on offer this month and it is making me regret playing for xb gold.

Did you download your free Xbox Live games for being a Gold member?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement