Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Happy Endings [ABC]

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

phasers wrote: »
    Happy Endings is a show in Marry Me's universe, Penny (I don't know her characters name in it) mentions 'voting for the black guy on a Buzzfeed who's your favourite Happy Endings character poll' in one episode.
    That's... pretty meta.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

Same universe? I don't see how that can be when the acrtress plays two different characters.

And no, Marry Me is not essential viewing after Happy endings, in fact, I wish I hadn't watched it.
    On both shows' Wikipedia pages it says they're in the same universe.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

It'd say both shows are set inside a giant bucket on their wiki's if someone decided it should say that.

It'd say both shows are set inside a giant bucket on their wiki's if someone decided it should say that.
    Yes, anyone can edit most Wikipedia pages. Thanks for pointing that out. Then they would be edited back to correct information.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

So? It's patently untrue, because the same actress is playing a different character in each show, which means it's not the same universe.

Now, Happy Endings is on TV in the Marry Me universe, which makes Marry Me more akin to our universe than the Happy Endings one.

On the other hand, there is crossover of one minor character - and a catchphrase, but catchphrases are everywhere. Amahzing.

• Advertisement

It's patently untrue, because the same actress is playing a different character in each show, which means it's not the same universe.
    You do realise that actors and actresses have played different characters in shared universes before, right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Main characters? I'd like to see who that is - an actor playing a main recurring character in shows that are set in the same Universe.

Courtney Cox playing a minor part in Seinfeld does not count.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

There's plenty of examples even in the same show.

A recurring gag on How I Met Your Mother was that all of the gang had doppelgängers.

Denise Crosby left Star Trek TNG and returned as a (different) recurring character later.

Lisa Kudrow played a recurring character on Mad About You who was the sister of her Friends character.

In US soaps it's not uncommon for a an actors whose character was killed off to return as their "long lost twin" (which, IIRC, was also parodied on Friends).

Or Kevin Smith's "View Askewniverse".

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Gareth Dillahunt in Deadwood?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,013 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    http://tvline.com/2016/05/23/happy-endings-revival-season-4/

Could Hulu pick it up and bring it back?

It would be great if it were to happen. It deserves to be revived.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I just saw Dave in House of Lies.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Entertainment.ie jumping the gun in suggesting a new season is being made:

http://entertainment.ie/tv/news/Looks-like-Happy-Endings-is-getting-a-fourth-season-after-all/385947.htm

Not true unfortunately.. just a live table read of a lost episode with the cast next month: http://ewpopfest.com/happy-endings

If anyone is interested... table read of the Lost Episode..

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

BRING IT BACK!

^ Lost episode was very funny, and definitely worth a watch..

Adam's Pally latest comment's on the prospect of a revival:
    "There are tons of talks of filming a reunion and revival for Happy Endings," Pally said. "Most of those talks take place between 16-year-old Filipino girls in chatrooms, not by anyone with any money that could actually ever do it."
    :D

Unlikely it'll ever happen at this stage though..

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

SUPPLIES!

That was awesome. Would be great to get a series revival at some point, but if not, that was a fantastic sendoff...

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

• Registered Users Posts: 85,013 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

Still cant understand how this show got cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

What a random show to have a Zoom reunion. Is this on any streaming platform? I could see it getting a new lease of life if it was.

S.M.B. wrote: »
    What a random show to have a Zoom reunion. Is this on any streaming platform? I could see it getting a new lease of life if it was.
    Amazon Prime I think..

Ah-maz-ing show cancelled too soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I didn't realise that, I actually remember very little of the show apart from being very fond of the cast.

And ah-maz-ing obviously!

Advertisement