Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

NBC entertainment and sports personality Michelle Beadle is lending credence to today's report concerning an incident between herself and WWE Divas Champion AJ Lee at last Wednesday's annual Tribute to the Troops event at Joint Base Lewis-McChord in Pierce County, Washington.

Wrestling Observer editor Dave Meltzer revealed this morning in a podcast on F4WOnline.com that Lee went on an obscenity-laced tirade towards the Access Hollywood co-host upon seeing her chat with CM Punk, her boyfriend, backstage at the event. Beadle didn't believe Lee was serious with her unhinged WWE character-like outburst.

In response to a fan remarking to her this morning on Twitter, "You should have slapped AJ Lee when she got in your face," Beadle wrote, "Meh. I thought it was a joke."

Responding to an upset AJ Lee fan on Twitter, Beadle remarked, "Hon...it was done in front of company people. I didn't say a word. I thought it was a joke."

Beadle's tweet gels with Meltzer's claim, as he noted on the podcast that Lee's Tribute to the Troops incident took place in front of many important people. He added that a number of WWE officials were very embarrassed and angry at Lee over the incident, mainly for "coming off like her character in real life, and not in a good way." She is expected to be disciplined for her behavior.

Lee is scheduled to defend her WWE Divas Championship tonight at WWE TLC against Natalya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

That's the first time this year I've seen the term "hon" without "the banner!" following it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Hmm, if this is true then what the hell was AJ thinking. She might not last long much like Tiffany and Mickie James when they went psycho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

That's the first time this year I've seen the term "hon" without "the banner!" following it.

Thought it was YUP the Banner!
    I wish that story ended with "Many boardsies are throwing the winter fuel money on Natalia at TLC".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

The Shield is 7/1. Am I missing something here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭deano546

Don't know if this guy is reliable, but he seems confident in the story at least. (Read bottom to top).

jzeeRzh.png

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

They're splitting soon? And Punk is unlikely to be jobbed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

I'm fuming that I missed the boat on the Natalya bet, I saw it and everything on PP but I've never bet before on anything in my life and I wasn't entirely sure how to do an accumulator online. Anyway I've ended up with my first bet tonight, to make it worthwhile money-wise I've had to bet on a draw between Atletico Madrid and Valencia in soccer but the rest of the accumulator in the ppv tonight, Wyatts, Punk, Langston and Orton will win me €65

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Moneymaker wrote: »
    They're splitting soon? And Punk is unlikely to be jobbed out.

They are the most pushed trio of the last year though. After Roman Reigns win at Survivor Series too I think it's worth a small punt.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,821 ✭✭✭✭CSF

11/2 on Ziggler seems huge. The WWE have had absolutely no interest in Fandango for months.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Mike Johnson confirmed Meltzer's story:
    PWInsider confirmed this afternoon that Meltzer's report was accurate and that the company was extremely upset with Lee for several reasons, including unprofessional conduct with an invited guest of the company who works for WWE's NBC-Universal partner and because the incident took place at the Troops taping, which internally is considered one of the most important events of the year by Vince McMahon.

Beadle acknowledged the incident this afternoon on Twitter, writing in response to a pro-Lee fan, "Hon...it was done in front of company people. I didn't say a word. I thought it was a joke."

CM Punk, while not acknowledging the situation directly, wrote on Twitter on 12/12 the day after the taping, "It's difficult to always try to do business the proper way with a company that refuses to practice the same standards."

http://www.pwinsiderelite.com/article.php?id=82219&p=1

PWInsider loves to report differently from the Observer if they can. So the story is totes legit in my eyes.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

rovert wrote: »
    Mike Johnson confirmed Meltzer's story:

PWInsider loves to report differently from the Observer if they can. So the story is totes legit in my eyes.

shakes head... anyway

so lemme get this straight, some WWE producer played a practical joke on AJ and told her to in character confront this Beadle lady for a backstage segment. Not everyone was in on the joke so when AJ did it she got legit heat from the company and now Punk he defending his lady cos the whole thing is nonsense? thats the jist ive gotten so far anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

They've been mentioning Taker in every Shield match for the last few weeks. Perhaps he's going to show up to even the odds and set up his revenge.

so lemme get this straight, some WWE producer played a practical joke on AJ and told her to in character confront this Beadle lady for a backstage segment. Not everyone was in on the joke so when AJ did it she got legit heat from the company and now Punk he defending his lady cos the whole thing is nonsense? thats the jist ive gotten so far anyway.

The practical joke is something a newz guy with no credibility made up. It doesn't make a lick of sense either.

I reckon bookies think the Shield will break up tonite after the not so subtle teases the last month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭takamichinoku

I think what AJ done was awful. WWE have every right to be absolutely furious with AJ and I think they should punish here by giving the title to lovely Nattie.

Quickly becoming more written about than the Montreal screwjob:
    However, the word making the way among wrestlers backstage at TLC today was that Lee approached Beadle not out of jealousy but because Beadle had spoken to Punk in a disrespectful manner.

The version wrestlers have been passing around is that Lee approached Beadle after Beadle had a conversation with CM Punk, not during a conversation between the two.

Beadle had said something in a disrespectful manner that allegedly upset Punk, which led to Lee looking for her. That comment (we have heard several versions and can't confirm what it actually was) led to Lee telling Beadle that she was not to speak to Punk in such a manner again and if she did, there would be issues between the two.

One wrestler who witnessed the incident "from ten feet away" denied that Lee ever raised her voice or cursed. "Anyone who said that is a liar," the wrestler, who spoke under condition of anonymity, commented.

However, since Beadle is a celebrity, there was (and may still be) heat on Lee over the situation since as the same wrestler commented, "Celebs are untouchable in the backstage scene. WWE wants them more than they need any wrestler, so automatically, the wrestler is going to be wrong here, even when [Lee] isn't really."

I think what AJ done was awful. WWE have every right to be absolutely furious with AJ and I think they should punish here by giving the title to lovely Nattie.

If they want to punish her they should have her drop the belt to Eva Marie on Raw :pac:

Meltzer on his forum:
    I've talked to several there. Everything is damage control now. According to more than one there, she cussed out Beadle and they were very upset, partially because Beadle was brought in as a host and it was a show when they were trying to put their best foot forward, saying it was a bigger deal because it was Tribute to the Troops. Four different people today and one last night including one person who got it from top management explained it the same way.

Even one person trying to defend her admitted she was way out of line and nuts, but said she overreacted because she knew Punk and Beadle had a short-lived deal.

It's way bigger than I reported last night as of 1 p.m. Central time in Houston. It is the story in the locker room, even backstage people who aren't usually talking about such things are are all talking about it.

I am picturing Gerald Briscoe teaching Nattie shoot holds in her dressing room in case AJ Lee shoots on her at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I completely agree. Shameful stuff from AJ, she must lose tonight.

• Advertisement

J. Marston wrote: »

5807624.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

J. Marston wrote: »

SWxyN.gif

Just because AJ had 1 meltdown doesn't mean she should be beaten for the Diva's Championship

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    SWxyN.gif

Just because AJ had 1 meltdown doesn't mean she should be beaten for the Diva's Championship

I think it's because he like myself and others have money on nattie at 9/1 that she should lose :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Lithium93_ wrote: »

No it doesn't but because half this forum have nattie backed too the hilt @ 9/1 thats enough of a reason

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Tramps Like Us

God they are such wimps, why do they care?

I'm still dreaming that Sheamus will do a Vader next time he is on the late late

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

God they are such wimps, why do they care?

I'm still dreaming that Sheamus will do a Vader next time he is on the late late

Huh?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

I think it's because he like myself and others have money on nattie at 9/1 that she should lose :D

Yes this, I hope Vince does the right thing for my bank balance! Its Xmas.

Bury her Vince, please!!!:P

AJ Fans DDOS-ing F4W now, this whole thing has gone too far :P

When was the last time there was so much interest in a diva match :P

There will be a Road Warrior pop from me if Nattie gets the win :D

• Advertisement

On the day of the kayfabe "Biggest match in WWE history" more fans are talkin bout AJ vs Natalia than Cena vs Orton

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement