Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi/Lidl diy tools

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭650gs

S**T:mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

650gs wrote: »
    S**T:mad::mad::mad:

Fair enough, I presume you bought them before. What exactly is the problem with them as a lot of plasterboard fixings seem to have limitations?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,856 ✭✭✭dodzy

red sean wrote: »
    See these on sale in aldi on Sun. next, does anyone know what they're like?
    http://www.aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/special_buys3_26937.htm
    Disregard the last comment as it is BS. This is a great set and well worth the money. I have the set with the fitting tool and for stud partition fittings, and they are excellent. I've used plenty, and they are a must DIY buy. I'll be topping up on Sunday, no question.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Have that kit myself (bought last year) and its well worth the money.

Great little bit of kit and well worth the 9 euro.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭TheLastMohican

Bought one before and would highly recommend it. But a lot of their tools have to be treated gently :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Boiled-egg

Same here, I'd safely say that anyone who actually bought that set has positive feed back. It's a very handy set that works great.

Thanks for the comments guys, the yays far outweigh the nays so will go for them now!

Thanks for the comments guys, the yays far outweigh the nays so will go for them now!

Yay..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I use their tools and not a bother (haven't used that particular kit mind).
    Their stuff is not heavy-duty but for the home fixer they're a good option.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Villaines

Battery life in cordless drill and the wee driver not great. Masonry drill bits not great. Got the power washer recently have not yet used it looked good value.

Those anchor fixings look good value.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

I got two hand sanders there four or five years ago, and there still going strong.

And that included a lot of site work.

The drill bits are the only thing I wouldnt buy again.

Lidl/Parkside hammer/impact SDS drill......40 euro.

Fantastic bit of kit.Comes with carry case and various impact/chisel and drill bits.:)

Lidl/Parkside Electric Sabre Saw with 180 degree rotating body...35 euro.

Again a fantastic bit of kit.Comes with carry case and 6 different blades.:)

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Might pick those up myself as house is timber framed. Can be expensive in DIY shop.

Just picked up 2 boxes in Clonee. Probably about 10 sets of each left. Excellent value :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

how about the welder ??

anyone have any idea what max thickness of steel this will weld?

I got a couple of packs also. Never came across the insertion tool before. Very handy.
    The tool alone would probably cost €10 elsewhere.
    On another note, they have a power washer in Aldi today. Anybody have any experience of them?
    I know someone in the market for one! (always borrowing mine :))

• Registered Users Posts: 34 ihavethepower

parkside electric chainsaw bought in 2003 with oregon blade, sharpen now and then, still working perfect

• Registered Users Posts: 34 ihavethepower

the rivet action is a great idea as it means the rawl doesnt run out when tightening it up

the rivet action is a great idea as it means the rawl doesnt run out when tightening it up

Very true. The only drawback I can see would be removing them, if you ever needed to, I'd say they would have to be punched straight, thereby busting the plasterboard resulting in a decent refil job. Still though, they are they are the muts nuts for studded PB walks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

paddy147 wrote: »
    Lidl/Parkside hammer/impact SDS drill......40 euro.

Fantastic bit of kit.Comes with carry case and various impact/chisel and drill bits.:)

Lidl/Parkside Electric Sabre Saw with 180 degree rotating body...35 euro.

Again a fantastic bit of kit.Comes with carry case and 6 different blades.:)

Are these tools available all the time or just on special days?

• Advertisement

Happyman42 wrote: »
    Are these tools available all the time or just on special days?

Every 4-6 weeks or so Aldi and Lidl will have various power tools on sale.

I also got a lovely Parkside/Lidl cross cut sliding mitre/chop saw for 50 euro.

Cracking bit of kit for the money.

It was 99 euro and it was further reduced to 50 euro.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭ben101

LIDL have a parkside plunge saw for 50 euro from monday,i was looking at a WORX one in Argos but its twice the price and not as powerful.Anyone know if the parkside is any good?Will take a chance at that price,though.

ben101 wrote: »
    LIDL have a parkside plunge saw for 50 euro from monday,i was looking at a WORX one in Argos but its twice the price and not as powerful.Anyone know if the parkside is any good?Will take a chance at that price,though.

I have the Parkside/Lidl plunge saw...its a great bit of kit for fcuk all money.Cost me 30 euro..:)

Also have the Parkside angle grinder and diamond cutting discs.

15 euro for the angle grinder.

5 euro for the set of 5 discs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,968 ✭✭✭Hitchens

g'wan, take the plunge ;)

Thanks for the quick reply paddy,good to know the saw is good,the one on monday is a different model though.I'm looking for something to take floorboards up and this http://www.lidl.ie/cps/rde/xchg/SID-4FD6D2F5-6769C9E4/lidl_ri_ie/hs.xsl/index_31614.htm looks like a good bet.
    EDIT:
    Just checked your last pic and its a very similar model saw.Def go with that then,you got it at a great price but even 50E is still less than half of a big brand one.

Thanks for the quick reply paddy,good to know the saw is good,the one on monday is a different model though.I'm looking for something to take floorboards up and this http://www.lidl.ie/cps/rde/xchg/SID-4FD6D2F5-6769C9E4/lidl_ri_ie/hs.xsl/index_31614.htm looks like a good bet.

slightly more powerfull than the 1 I bought last year.

30w more powerfull.

Very handy for taking up floor boards...thanks to adjustable depth setting.:)

just watch out for any old style floorboard nails.

You will need a pry bar or gorrilla bar for those.

Hitchens wrote: »
    g'wan, take the plunge ;)
    Can't take the plunge ,gotta buy it,shoplifters will be prosecuted.
    ;)

See these on sale on Thurs. next :http://www.lidl.ie/cps/rde/xchg/lidl_ri_ie/hs.xsl/index_32645.htm
    Do they work like easyouts or do they just drill off the heads?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,658 ✭✭✭policarp

See these on sale on Thurs. next :http://www.lidl.ie/cps/rde/xchg/lidl_ri_ie/hs.xsl/index_32645.htm

For €3.99 it's worth a try if you're near a Lidl shop.
    There's always the 3 year guarantee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,658 ✭✭✭policarp

It depends.

If your'e a chippie, back to the hammer and screwdriver.
    If your'e a sparks back to the old phase tester,
    If your'e a grease monkey back to the impact.

Advertisement