Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gmail a/c and mybackup help - I'm an idiot!

• 26-08-2012 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭

Discovered that mother-in-law had never set up a gmail a/c for her HTC Wildfire and couldn't download apps, so I used my gmail to show her how to use Google Play, thinking I could just remove my a/c from the phone and set up one for her later. D'oh:o Realised that the only way I could remove mine was to do a reset, so I backed up her stuff to my Mybackup pro and reset the phone.

So, now she has her own gmail a/c synced to her phone, but all of her data is on my back up, linked to my gmail....aaagh! If I get her to buy Mybackup, can she then access and restore the info from mybackup a/c? Or should I sync my gmail with her phone, re-download mybackup and restore and will I be able to fully remove my gmail afterwards seeing as it isn't the default a/c?

Any help greatly appreciated!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

I very much doubt it, it would be a huge security breach

• Registered Users Posts: 28,069 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I don't know how your going to split the joined data, only thing you can probably do is delete everything in your gmail (cloud) and then-resync it with your phone that's if you haven't already synched your phone. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

I don't know how your going to split the joined data, only thing you can probably do is delete everything in your gmail (cloud) and then-resync it with your phone that's if you haven't already synched your phone. Best of luck.

You see I'm not sure if the data is joined. Would the new back up have replaced my old one? I gave it a different name and password.

Advertisement