Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars

• 12-08-2012 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,428 ✭✭✭

I just played Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars today for the first time. Only just had time to play a couple of rounds. Man, is that game crazy!

From the very short time I played on it the game seems to be aimed at a more casual player. I was just mashing buttons and pulling of some amazing combos. I picked Ryu and Chung-Li because they were the two characters immediately identifiable. I started trying to do some typical Street Fighter moves but they seem to work with very simple buttons combos.

The game could have a lot of depth but I never get into fighters too much. Did anyone here enjoy the game?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,793 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's a really fantastic game especially at high level play. Such a shame it was on the Wii so didn't last too long in the competitive circuit because it's a far better games than some of the more popular current ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,910 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Its online isn't to active either, so it died on the vine a little, and I suppose history'll judge it as a glorified beta for the Marvel vs Capcom 3 engine. Which is a shame, cause I'm a bigger fan of Tatsunoko, as it's flat-out bat****, and that's always awesome. Wonderful fighter to crack out over a few beers with mates. The bonus shoot'em-up game is a hoot too, and I'm not even all that big fan of the genre.

The arcade stick that goes with it tends to go for dirt-cheap now and then, might be worth a pick-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Loved it, never did unlock the shoot-em-up, kept missing one letter over and over, even with the flying broom. My game fu is weak.

It's worth buying if only for that moment when your playing against your mate's Chun Li / Ryu team and you pull a Giant Robot Dog Vomiting Tiny Clockwork Dogs special move. Then you switch in the mop girl and clean Ryu's feet till he dies. In your face, conformity!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,910 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Banjo wrote: »
    Loved it, never did unlock the shoot-em-up, kept missing one letter over and over, even with the flying broom. My game fu is weak.

It's worth buying if only for that moment when your playing against your mate's Chun Li / Ryu team and you pull a Giant Robot Dog Vomiting Tiny Clockwork Dogs special move. Then you switch in the mop girl and clean Ryu's feet till he dies. In your face, conformity!

Ideally, after they've spent thirty seconds alternating between Chun's multi-kick, and Hadokens.

Shame Phoenix Wright never made it into the game. Capcom spoke of having trouble programming his speech-bubbles into the game, and what'd do to the balance between the translations of it. so they decided to scrap it. Suppose, it would've been that be that bit too brilliant had he made it in.

http://www.1up.com/news/phoenix-wright-originally-intended-tatsunoko

Oh, and it's embarrassing the amount of times I played through to unlock the shoot'em-up. Made all the more so by the fact I wasn't aware I was even unlocking anything.

Advertisement