Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Due August 2012 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Belfastmedic

I started showing at 20 weeks. Not too big at the moment :o

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Rose35

Im 25 weeks and started showing at about 14 weeks even though work colleagues said they had noticed my bump before I told them at 12 weeks, im a skinny lizzy, was only 7 stone before I got pregnant and ive put on 2 stone since, i have a really noticeable bump and I love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Rockys Lover

its funny some of you are saying that you don't have bump yet, I "popped" out about 2 weeks ago and had lovely round tummy but another of my concerns over the last few days was that my bump seemed to have got smaller and was a different shape, the transverse position explains a lot!! People have started to ask me when I'm due so I guess that means its obvious now!

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭SSFG

I'm 27 weeks tomorrow, I felt I was showing at around 16 weeks but I think that was more being self conscious as I felt more fat than pregnant as it wasn't a defined bump. From 20 weeks I think I really started a bump. People keep telling me I'm big it's very annoying. Bump is bigger at different times of the day and depending on how baby is lying so how they can have an opinion is beyond me, feel like slapping some people.

just wait until the bump rubbing starts SSFG, I've had one already and was really taken aback by it, she was quite vigorous, I though she was going to kiss my bump (flab!)

• Advertisement

Oh I have had that as well! Have to say I didn't mind most of them as I knew the people and it hasn't been very often. My aunt even kissed it, but she was going back to Oz so we may never see her again think it was just an impulse emotional thing for her.
    Husband loves rubbing it at night time!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

has everyone got a proper bump now??
    I don't! I still just look like a blubber belly, no shape to it at all!!:rolleyes:
    It is my first but I'm nearly 25 weeks, thought I'd have a resemblance of one at this stage!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

i don't know how comfortable i am with the belly rubbing, went to visit my aunt a couple of weeks ago with my mam and when i walked in the door my aunt and uncle and my cousin all descended on my tummy at once and i got a bit freaked out

I'm 26 weeks tomorrow Gee_G and my bump is only out properly 2 weeks so I wouldnt worry just yet.

Betsie, don't fancy that at all!

My husband doesnt pay much attention to my belly, only when I make him!! Although my Dad asked me this morning how little Jim Jim was (my husband is Jimmy) and I looked at him blankly and he pointed shyly at my bump, was quite cute!

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭kinioiri

Luckily I haven't had anyone having a feel of the bump. The two boys look into my belly button to see if they can see the baby. Don't think I would like people I hardly know having a feel:/

Must say I slept like a baby with my triangular pillow. Went to the chemist to get iron this morning. He recommended Floridix. Hopefully it will give me a bit of energy. The Chemist asked if I drank much tea, which I do. He told me to cut back as there is an ingredient in tea that prevents the absorption of iron. I never heard that before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭0ctober

Yeah I have quite a big bump, I've been told I'm all bump haven't gained weight anywhere else (yet!). I started showing around 12 weeks and been in maternity trousers since then. My bump grew very big very quick up til around 20 weeks, 27 weeks tomorrow and it hasn't changed much at all over the last 7 weeks! It's funny how different everyone is.

Yeah kiniori the ingredient in tea that he was talking about are called tannins, they're found in eggs as well and can affect iron absorption. It's perfectly fine to keep eating eggs, just don't have them around the same time of day that you take your iron tablet, same with tea, other than that you're grand! I'm studying dietetics in college at the mo, so when the midwife asked at my first appointment what I was doing in college she threw the healthy eating in pregnancy leaflet back in the drawer and said ah sure you won't be needing this so, you'd know more than me!

0ctober wrote: »
    Yeah I have quite a big bump, I've been told I'm all bump haven't gained weight anywhere else (yet!). I started showing around 12 weeks and been in maternity trousers since then. My bump grew very big very quick up til around 20 weeks, 27 weeks tomorrow and it hasn't changed much at all over the last 7 weeks! It's funny how different everyone is.

Yeah kiniori the ingredient in tea that he was talking about are called tannins, they're found in eggs as well and can affect iron absorption. It's perfectly fine to keep eating eggs, just don't have them around the same time of day that you take your iron tablet, same with tea, other than that you're grand! I'm studying dietetics in college at the mo, so when the midwife asked at my first appointment what I was doing in college she threw the healthy eating in pregnancy leaflet back in the drawer and said ah sure you won't be needing this so, you'd know more than me!

That was it October, I knew it was something that began with 't'. Thanks for the tip with the eggs and tea. Pity I drink tea morning noon and night. Its more of a habit with me. I will switch to the water. Not giving up my cuppa around 8 o'clock at night with my piece of choccie though :)

Yeah we all needs our little indulgences to get us through the day, sitting here with a big mug of coffee and a Picnic bar as we speak! Although I must say the decaff coffee is pure sh*te, can't wait to get back on the real stuff after August. Oh God I sound like a junkie haha!

oh god give up my tea i really couldn't, i tried for the 1st few weeks to cut down but i love it too much, sitting here in work at the moment and the heart burn is killing me, and i just want to go home

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭pushki

i know how you feel betsie, i was just thinking last nite at work that heartburn must be the worst part of pregnancy.
    I felt really bad this morning with cramps i was almost doubled over with pain i think its the galfer iron tablets i was put on the other day . wont be taking them again!!
    i took panadol and used hot water bottles for my back got some sleep i feel ok now.

rose i can't believe you were only 7 stone before you were pregnant it must feel really good to be putting up weight for the baby . i was just over 8 before i got pregnant im putting on a small bit not as much as id like because my appetite has really gotten poor, i feel like my face has gotten very gaunt, has anyone else got a problem with their appetite? i hate the thought of my baby not getting enough food! i want her to be a big chub chub!!

ya kinori we should start a gallery like the July thread!!

i was looking at some of the 3d / 4d images online and some of them really freaked me out!! maybe its different when you see baby moving . So in two minds about getting it done.

ps I tried and failed miserably to give up tea! i blame my irishness :-P

xx

I'm also in two minds about whether to get the 3D scan. I love the idea of it but I'm afraid of accidently seeing what sex the baby is since it's much easier to make out what you're actually looking at compared to the blurry hospital ones. Does anyone know if this can be avoided?

I took my floradix before my dinner this evening. I have to say it was a lot easier to drink than I thought it would be. It was quite pleasant! So uncomfortable today. Bathing the boys was so uncomfortable. Only had one cup of tea today (maybe that's why I am so grouchy lol) Looking forward to my cuppa when the little men go to bed :)

I've heard taking orange juice with your iron helps it to be absorbed.
    I'm also in two minds about whether to get the 3D scan. I love the idea of it but I'm afraid of accidently seeing what sex the baby is since it's much easier to make out what you're actually looking at compared to the blurry hospital ones. Does anyone know if this can be avoided?

I'm not by any means an expert but I have heard that it's actually harder to make out the sex with the 3D scans. Gender is hard to confirm later in the pregnancy. In any case they won't tell you if you ask them not to.

lying in bed at the moment am wrecked tired but baby won't let me sleep with all the movements, love feeling them though :-)

im the same betsie lying un bed now but baby starts moving every nite at 3 on the button because i work nights! must say though im loving the movements ! its a feeling you cannot describe!! i won't let anyone go near my bump though i wouldn't feel comfortable with

i actually must try another iron supplement, something that wont play havoc with my digestive stomach! maybe floradix like you kinori
    was craving a big fat juicy steak earlier definitely getting one tomorrow !!!!
    and a milkshake :-) :-)
    Any weird cravings girls? mine is Guinness at the moment!
    yuck !!

• Advertisement

I think if you say that you don't want to know the sex of the baby the sonographer will not let it be seen, thats what was said to me, i couldnt make it out unless it was actually shown to me, but thats just me, now my baby is in a transverse position so it was immediately obvious to the sonographer, she only just looked at it and said 'its a boy alright:)', I had already found out from a hospital scan i had done a week previous in the hospital. The images are very clear so make sure you ask all the questions you have before you book an appt in case, good luck!!!!:)

nothing too out of the ordinary craving wise yet haha :) although if i found sonething wierd that would get rid of the heart burn i would try it :) cant wait for 2pm tomorrow, will be off then till monday, i always only off on a sunday so i love bank holidays so i get 2 days :)

have my next scan next thursday cant wait to see the baby again :)

im delighted for you betsie! u deserve yr next few nights off!! you must be excited about your scan, are ue going to find out the sex of the baby?

rose, was the 4d scan really good? still in two minds about it, it would really freak me out if the baby looked like an alien! do they measure the baby and estimate weight? would they tell you if the baby seems healthy? the boyfriend doesn't see the pointing getting it done but i keep hearing amazing experiences of people that have had them, aaah help!!?!
    hope all august mum to be are looking forward to the long weekend
    xx

Yes it was good pushki, im delighted I had it done, she was fantastic, she measured my baby and looked at all the vital organs and heart chambers and kidneys and he even had a full bladder which he emptied during the session bless, she gave me an estimated birth weight of between 6lbs and 7, said he wouldnt be a huge baby but im a small gal so it suits. They did state if they found anything unusual they would write a letter to give to my consultant but thankfully all is well. I told her i was very nervous going in because i was in the hospital a week before with a painful thyroid and was wondering if I had a thyroid problem during my early pregnancy and it went undetected and this would have affected my babys development so she put me at ease and went through everything thoroughly, I feel much better knowing he is ok, I had booked to have one done before I had the thyroid issue, it was just a bonus to have an extra opinion on his development, i have picked out my fav photo and framed it beside my bed, we are like mirror image the way we sleep, hands close to face for comfort. Have a good restful weekend everyone.xx

think we are going to try find out what we are having all going well, looking forward to the few days off and have the house to myself Saturday night as oh is going to Dublin for a stag party,

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭new look

Hey ladies, haven't been on in ages! So nice to hear how everyone is getting on though. I am absolutely massive already! These twins are getting very busy, kicking away. They must be battering eachother up in there! The doc told me at 20 weeks I was the size of 30 weeks because it's two!!! There's even a few bits of maternity clothes that are getting on the tight side! I suppose knowing that I'll not be going the full 40 weeks is a little relief :)
    We put away a buggy. Doubles are so much tougher to get than singeltons. We went for the iCandy peach (or some fruit like that!). Wouldn't have gone for it with one but the prices of some of the doubles when you added everything together was crazy but it actually worked out ok.
    We're stocking up on nappies and bottles, it's so funny! Is anyone else stockpilling yet or is it just us with two coming?
    Hope everyone's looking forward to the long weekend :)

New look do you know how far they will let you go? Must be so weird to know when you will be having the babies!
    Haven't got any nappies yet, just clothes, bottles and other equipment. Have a busy few weeks to get the house organised and once the baby's room is done and the furniture in I will start the nappies etc just need somewhere to store it all!!

i have a few baby grows and vests outdone have my pram put away that's it really, a friend of mine is due 3weeks before me and she has everything gotten, she keeps giving out to me telling me to get my act together haha i:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭new look

SSFG, being taken in for a section at 38 weeks so will pretty much know the date unless I go before that myself or there's any change to the babies but so far so good. Betsie, you've a good choice of buggies so no panic :) When we went to find out about the doubles the places we went to said they had waiting lists for deliveries of doubles and there were people taking whatever came in asap. Madness! I would never have thought the buggy part would be that difficult! It's nice to be looking at the bits and pieces in the shops though isn't it although dying to know what colour to buy! Loads have found out what ye are having, it's so cool! We're dying to know but decided to wait for the surprise now. Hope I can wait til August ;)

• Advertisement

well in home alone for the weekend, just me my dog and my bump :-)

what to do now but relax and take it easy :-)

Advertisement