Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Due July 2012 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Fri.Day

Congats Cyning!!
    I love the name too.
    Whats on your list of food to eat now?? Everything!?! :p
    Scallops is top of my list.. :pac:
    My sister`s birthday was y/day too so 7/7 is a good day and July is a busy one anyway for me, Mother next sat, father sunday and neice on 26th!
    I went away without hubby this weekend so had to bring labour bag with me, 10 days to go!
    Ive been walking everyday, bouncing on ball, raspberry leaf tea, sex (very awkward at this stage), no castor oil for me thanks! Ugh!
    Dr says I`m 2/5ths engaged so hopefully I get going soon
    I`ve app. in hospital next weds at 39weeks so if they offer me a sweep ill take it, anyone else feels the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

id take the sweep. But most my doctors are older men and that kinda makes me uncomfortable?

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Fri.Day

damn, thought it might have been the midwifes that do it...
    I`d have to think twice based on who`s asking so, had a Dr a few weeks ago and he wouldn`t pass any bedside manner tests going...:cool:

baby feels like she is in my bum today lol!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

God these tablets make me drowsy!!
    I think I''ve a plan worked out for work though, get up at 6, take tablet, go back to sleep for 2 hours then get up and go to work. I should only be in 30 mins later then usual, but like I told them I'm taking it day by day if it's too much I will have to work from home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

Ginny wrote: »
    God these tablets make me drowsy!!
    I think I''ve a plan worked out for work though, get up at 6, take tablet, go back to sleep for 2 hours then get up and go to work. I should only be in 30 mins later then usual, but like I told them I'm taking it day by day if it's too much I will have to work from home.

Better plan - get signed off! If they make you that drowsy you prob shouldn't be working anyway :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

I know Twomums, I'm hoping to get in to at least clan out my desk....:D anything else is a bonus..:)

I've just been looking up slings and carriers, need one we can both use, that doesn't look "too girly" :rolleyes: and one we can buy in a physical shop so himself can try it on. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

Fri.Day wrote: »
    I`ve app. in hospital next weds at 39weeks so if they offer me a sweep ill take it, anyone else feels the same?
    I've an appointment in the hospital at 39 weeks on Wednesday too Fri.day. I'm only attending the midwives clinic though so at my last appointment I was told I'd be offered a sweep, so i'll be taking it.
    I'm drinking raspberry leaf tea, about 2/3 cups a day, but I'm not really walking or bouncing on a ball. I will start walking tomorrow I think, but I find the pressure makes it hard to get very far.

I was very bold last night and had sea food pasta, I left the crab claw and the prawns but I ate about 5 mussels. They were yum!

Finally got to spend some quality time with hubby this weekend, we went out for dinner last night, spent today lazing around and went out for dinner again! He's gone working again but I miss him already.

10 days to go and I just want baby to come now!!!

Someone mentioned earlier in the thread about unwanted advice ( usually about how awful life is going to be after baby is born) I get that a bit too and it drives me insane, I even get it from my sister. I hate the "get used to sleepless nights" comments etc. i find new mums the biggest culprits for such comments forgetting that I have child already and I raised her with little or no help from her father. I'm not a single parent this time so...eh yeah, I will get sleep. Sucks to be you if you didn't. And I will get to go out again, yes to the pub, even a club if I want!..yeah, sucks to be you if you didn't! Jesus like some people get so obsessed with their kids that they literally don't leave their side once they're born( my SIL being one - the first time she was not with her kids was when they started play school, i'd say herself and her husband haven't had one night out together in 10 years, and I'm sorry but that is wrong... And kinda sad. I've the best parents in the world and my daughter has a fantastic relationship with them. She bakes with my mum and she goes on trips with my dad in his vintage car.
    Anyway, I'm rambling.

Ignore any unwanted advice! And enjoy every moment being a mum.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

Yeah I've had a bit of that unwanted advice, generally from mums with small children who have told me that I am ridiculous to think I would be back on a horse within a few weeks.

Even when I explained that riding horses is my job!!! Oh don't be ridiculous, cue horrified looks when I explain that the child will be coming down to the yard when necessary. I just nod and smile, it's really hard though.

I don't believe that my life is now over, it has just taken a different route, one that I will have to make time to do what I want!!

Java fingers crossed for you!!!

notsobusy wrote: »
    Yeah I've had a bit of that unwanted advice, generally from mums with small children who have told me that I am ridiculous to think I would be back on a horse within a few weeks.

Even when I explained that riding horses is my job!!! Oh don't be ridiculous, cue horrified looks when I explain that the child will be coming down to the yard when necessary. I just nod and smile, it's really hard though.

I don't believe that my life is now over, it has just taken a different route, one that I will have to make time to do what I want!!

Java fingers crossed for you!!!

my sister and brother in law have 4 kids, 2 under 18 months and they have a better social life than i ever did!its about making times for yourselves as a couple

i also know another couple who have two kids who are 9 and 13 so they're at an age when they are independent and they literally do nothing for themselves.

im not niave enough to think my life won't change but im not letting my life be all about the baby as i feel ill make a better parent if i have my own stuff going on.
    plus i dont wanna be one of those people who can only talk about the kids!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭mamaheidi

So ladies, I've obviously gone over my due date! (Although my mum keeps reminding me that I was born in under two hours from start to finish - oh to be so lucky!) Today I've had pineapple, bounced on my ball, had a hot curry and I'm delighted to say I've been getting dull cramps for the last few hours that I hope are the start of something - definitely not contractions yet though. Now to convince OH to do the deed & we'll see how that goes :D Fingers crossed I've some news for ye soon :p

Sounds positive Mamaheidi :) hope the night brings us news in the morning ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Lucozade!

Someone told hubby that drinking lucozade helps bring on labour: if anyone remembers me moaning about gtt I hate lucozade! But he was so upset and miserable for me I drank it (slowly!)... Waters broke about two hours later! Haha prolly total coincidence but worth a shot!

I keep logging in to read posts hoping for more baby news :D can't wait to get home to laptop!

Also why did noone ever tell me that your tummy can make the weirdest noises after giving birth?!

Btw I ate 6 biscuits and drank a litre if oj this evening and nothing; no sickness no nothing!! Whoop whoop! Can't wait to get home and eat properly!

My sweep was done by doc: with all the internals etc docs are gentler in my experience anyway: hubby was there for them all aswell if it makes anyone more comfortable?

Thanks 2mums but unfortunately no news! Cramps all night & what I can only assume are BH (haven't had any yet) - twinges and tightening that goes on for a couple of minutes. Definitely not sore enough to be real contractions though. Back to the hospital next Monday if things haven't moved. On the upside - had a quick scan of baby and everything looks as it should! Now if she'd only get a move on...

Best of luck today Java!

mamaheidi wrote: »
    Thanks 2mums but unfortunately no news! Cramps all night & what I can only assume are BH (haven't had any yet) - twinges and tightening that goes on for a couple of minutes. Definitely not sore enough to be real contractions though. Back to the hospital next Monday if things haven't moved. On the upside - had a quick scan of baby and everything looks as it should! Now if she'd only get a move on...

Best of luck today Java!

Aww due date blues :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Cyning, seriously what is it like not be puking everything up after all this time? Like I said a few months ago, you won't know yourself now that baby is on the outside!

Silly, your rant made me feel better. It really is what you make it. I fully intend on occasionally going out for a nice night out without baby. I've my 10 yr anniversary coming up, mother-in-law's surprise 60th, I'd like to go to the Christmas parties etc. I'm only talking about doing something like that once a month or every 2 months & I will certainly do whatever I have to do to organise it! Baby won't be scarred for life if he is with someone else for one night (I just really hope he'll learn to take a bottle, gulp)
    mamaheidi wrote: »
    Moi! I'm not on facebook so I don't get to see the pics of all the cute babies. Maybe I'll set a profile up.

Yep set one up, you can just have it set up just to go in the Boards group. Just set all your privacy settings really high as you probably don't want other people knowing you're on FB if you'd no intentions of being on it in first place. Then PM me & I'll sort out adding you to the group.

Quick... before you go into labour cos we want to see pics of your bundle!

We made the cot yesterday & it's in our bedroom! This meant we'd to swap sides of the bed, after 2 1/2yrs of sleeping on our own sides. I was completely discombobulated & got absolutely feck all sleep. Just felt like I was sliding off the bed all night.

There really isn't much room for the cot in our room, I'm going to have to figure out something very smart to make it all work!

We were supposed to have a lazy day of hanging out & chilling yesterday but ended up at 9am and both of us nonstop until 8pm when we finally sat down for dinner, baby prep is hard work!

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

Mink wrote: »
    We made the cot yesterday & it's in our bedroom! This meant we'd to swap sides of the bed, after 2 1/2yrs of sleeping on our own sides. I was completely discombobulated & got absolutely feck all sleep. Just felt like I was sliding off the bed all night.

There really isn't much room for the cot in our room, I'm going to have to figure out something very smart to make it all work!

We were supposed to have a lazy day of hanging out & chilling yesterday but ended up at 9am and both of us nonstop until 8pm when we finally sat down for dinner, baby prep is hard work!

we have small bedroom as well. decided to go with moses basket and cot in baby room.
    we are planning to move bed to the wall (beside window) and switch sides. thats will be hard to do it as were sleeping on those same sides for over 5 years (!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

It feels amazing! I can't wait to get home and be able to eat away healthily: food in hosp sucks!

C has lost too much weight so I'm bottle and breast feeding for now :) I do not want her to be hungry even if I do want to breast feed exclusively! Hungry not nice :(

Hubby forgot the clothes I've had hanging up for ages to come home in! So he's gone clothes shopping for me: I think someone's helping him otherwise I dread to think what I'll end up in!

cyning wrote: »
    It feels amazing! I can't wait to get home and be able to eat away healthily: food in hosp sucks!

C has lost too much weight so I'm bottle and breast feeding for now :) I do not want her to be hungry even if I do want to breast feed exclusively! Hungry not nice :(

Hubby forgot the clothes I've had hanging up for ages to come home in! So he's gone clothes shopping for me: I think someone's helping him otherwise I dread to think what I'll end up in!

Cyning I'm sure you & C will be fine. babies stomach is so small that it is not surprise they get hungry so quickly (i would get hungry as well if my stomach was size of mascara - 7 to 9 ml)

i left going home clothes in baby room with big sign - hope hubby will remember about them ;-)

• Advertisement

Girls, I haven't stopped crying all morning.. I'm so fed up. She should be here today :(:(:(:(:(

Mamaheidi they might be very early contractions :) I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you & Javagal! It would be easier to be a little late if so many hadn't come so early...your little ones will get here in their own good time :)

Mink we swapped sides a few years ago & it does take time to settle in :) for me it wasn't do bad as my new side suits my sleeping side :D

Awww Cyning as you said its better that she is doing well weight wise rather than how she is fed :) once you get back to eating/drinking normally you might be able to go back to breast full time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

javagal wrote: »
    Girls, I haven't stopped crying all morning.. I'm so fed up. She should be here today :(:(:(:(:(

Aw java, u poor thing. At least u know there will be a cut off point from today. And u will have Zoe inside the next two weeks. I know that's not what u want to hear but you're Definately on countdown now.

Cyning, im sure after a few top up feeds C will start piling on the weight. I had to top N up when she was jaundiced and she went back to the Breast with no problems.

I'm actually going to try a couple of bottle feeds today. My right nipple is really really sore, broken bone kinda pain when she latches. I can't feed from that side. I've tried the nipple shield and it didn't work out (I think my nipples r too flat). And my dad was taken into hospital yesterday, so I kinda need to be able to get to visit him too without having to bring her with me.
    I know stopping like that is not right but in afraid I'm going to hurt her someday when she latches on the pain is that bad. Any advice appreciated?

kildareash wrote: »
    javagal wrote: »

Aw java, u poor thing. At least u know there will be a cut off point from today. And u will have Zoe inside the next two weeks. I know that's not what u want to hear but you're Definately on countdown now.

Cyning, im sure after a few top up feeds C will start piling on the weight. I had to top N up when she was jaundiced and she went back to the Breast with no problems.

I'm actually going to try a couple of bottle feeds today. My right nipple is really really sore, broken bone kinda pain when she latches. I can't feed from that side. I've tried the nipple shield and it didn't work out (I think my nipples r too flat). And my dad was taken into hospital yesterday, so I kinda need to be able to get to visit him too without having to bring her with me.
    I know stopping like that is not right but in afraid I'm going to hurt her someday when she latches on the pain is that bad. Any advice appreciated?

my sis said that when she had problem she used her own milk on nipples and that helped

Kildareash - sounds painful, hope you get it sorted.

Thanks guys - will hopefully have news sometime soon though I just had a two hour sleep there with a hot water bottle that seems to have eased the pains. Hopefully they'll be back soon!

Java - it is tough going over the date but realistically it happens to most first time mums (except all these ladies with very eager babies!) So don't get too worked up about it - nothing you can do except wait and as Kildareash said it'll definitely be within the next 10 days or so anyway. And don't be too disheartened - you still have 12 hours of your due date to make it! :p Chin up, it's not the end of the world.

Yeah I know I'm being a moan, and I know most of it is jealous inpatience cause so many babies are here !!

No not a moan - it's normal to be annoyed but we can't do much about it - babs will arrive when she decides (doesn't yet realise who's boss!!) Doesn't make it easier though that we're the first of the late crew, does it!? I feel your pain but we'll get there. And you've had symptoms so hopefully it means that labour will just creep up on you before you know it and baby java will be here. And still 11.5 hours to make it on your date :D

Ouch Kildareash that sounds awful! Remember twin mammies have only one breast per baby so it's better to let it heal! Can you pump in comfort or is that painful too? Are you using that lanisoh cream stuff?

Interesting to know re nipple shields...I have inverted/flat nipples & although they have improved with pregnancy it is one of my concerns when it comes to trying to breast feed :eek: I just have to wait & see :)

Kildareash, is the nipple/part of the boob hot to the touch, extra tender etc? I'd get onto a lactation consultant (either through your mat hospital, La Leche or Cuidu (sp?)) and get it sorted. There may be an infection or starts of mastitis so best to get it checked with a professional.

I'd put money on them telling you that you'll have to jut feed through it & best thing is to try feed on that breast as much as possible (ouch). Oh jesus I've all this ahead of me!!

Java you sound so frustrated. There's nothing I can say as I know I'd be exactly like you, but I know I'll be like that at 39 weeks, never mind 40

• Advertisement

2mums you've gone in to hospital by now, right? Best of luck! And you too nyquist for tomorrow. Best of luck & enjoy every second with your little bundles. Keep us updated!

Advertisement