Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due July 2012 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

Kildareash I felt the heat today! Not complaining as I love sunshine but carrying a baby around along with the higher body temp I certainly knew I was preggers today :)

Bought a dotty super light dressing gown in Dunnes today so my hospital list is started :D & finally got my eu mom bag so happy out! I know I am super behind but the list I have is not super long so should be ok :)

Kildareash - I guess you could esp if you are a little dehydrated. Try pump some fluids into you & keep an eye on them...my bump is pretty lazy it seems as I've not had any yet but they don't sound overly pleasant!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

I can't deal with the heat what so ever. Imagine being in hospital over night in this heat and they have the heating on.

First day i felt properly pregnant and had to sit in shade all day while the others had a bbq , the extra weight on top of the raised temp is unnatural.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

kildareash wrote: »
    Do u think can the heat effect braxton hicks? I know I haven't drank as much water as I should have either today, but I've been getting them all afternoon. I think it was WTE said if u have six or more in an hour to ring doc, and they're not that frequent. I timed it from half three to half four and I had about 3. But they're quiet tight and uncomfortable.

They definately give me more: I've been getting them all day long... and when we got the hot weather last time i got loads of them too... doc said "if i could" to up the water intake but I just really can not: they're just more noticable if your even slightly dehydrated,
    javagal wrote: »
    I can't deal with the heat what so ever. Imagine being in hospital over night in this heat and they have the heating on.

First day i felt properly pregnant and had to sit in shade all day while the others had a bbq , the extra weight on top of the raised temp is unnatural.

The heat was killing me today: I was trying to tidy out my car abit and it damn near nearly killed me :p

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭mamaheidi

Hi ladies,

Yep, the heat got to me too today, not a pretty sight & ended up having a nap ;)

Just a question (and sorry for TMI) but has anybody thought about doing perineal massage? The midwife told us that it dramatically decreases the chances of tearing & stitches... anything that reduces that risk is worth a try imo. Any ideas of which oil to use? I've read that baby oil & bio oil aren't suitable. Lots of people suggest regular olive oil but I'm not sure I like that idea... a suitable cheap and cheerful bottle of oil is what I'm looking for - any suggestions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

TwoMums2Be wrote: »
    Bought a dotty super light dressing gown in Dunnes today so my hospital list is started :D & finally got my eu mom bag so happy out! I know I am super behind but the list I have is not super long so should be ok :)

White one with color dots? I bought this same one :)

My feet are so swollen that I can't see my ankles anymore
    really weird feeling

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Took 5 minutes to sit down and drank a pint of water and almost straight away felt better. My tummy wasn't as tight. Baby has started to move a bit more too, poor thing probably didn't have the space.

It's amazing what water does and it's free (for now!)

Was a great feeling to get out of my office clothes and into lighter stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Robinc

mamaheidi wrote: »
    Hi ladies,

Yep, the heat got to me too today, not a pretty sight & ended up having a nap ;)

Just a question (and sorry for TMI) but has anybody thought about doing perineal massage? The midwife told us that it dramatically decreases the chances of tearing & stitches... anything that reduces that risk is worth a try imo. Any ideas of which oil to use? I've read that baby oil & bio oil aren't suitable. Lots of people suggest regular olive oil but I'm not sure I like that idea... a suitable cheap and cheerful bottle of oil is what I'm looking for - any suggestions?
    I started classes in Holles St on Wednesday and they were talking bout the massage alright, she mentioned olive oil which I thought was odd! I'll give it a try, will try anything to limit the damage lol!! She said something like KY Jelly would work too..

Saurelin - yep that's the one! Seems pretty light so should do the job :) looks ok too :D

Mamaheidi - physio talked about it at our antenatal class last night. We have to text her email address & she will email us instructions with things like what to use etc. once we get this info I can pass it on if you like :)
    RobinC - I was thinking that any sexual lubricant should work well :)

Kildareash - glad to hear you are feeling better...water is amazing stuff :D

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

TwoMums2Be wrote: »

Mamaheidi - physio talked about it at our antenatal class last night. We have to text her email address & she will email us instructions with things like what to use etc. once we get this info I can pass it on if you like :)
    RobinC - I was thinking that any sexual lubricant should work well :)

If you will get instruction please pass to me as well :)

• Advertisement

Haven't heard anything about perineal massage. I'd love a copy of the instructions if you get them too?

Anyone doing their pelvic floor exercises?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

Haven't heard anything about perineal massage. I'd love a copy of the instructions if you get them too?

When i remember i do, i did them even before i got pregnant, didn't know they were pelvic floor at the time lol

in bed in bra and pants with both windows open and still sweating.

Same here I even have cooling patches on my forehead I swear I normally love the heat this is just ridiculous!!

I seriously think I might go eat an ice cream or something!!

cyning wrote: »
    Same here I even have cooling patches on my forehead I swear I normally love the heat this is just ridiculous!!

I seriously think I might go eat an ice cream or something!!

Yes but now u have your own internal heating system you need less of the external one!

Thank crunchie tomorrow is Friday. Have hospital appt in the morn, don't know if it's just to see doc to look at my blood glucose over the last couple of days or if it's the whole shebang. Either way it's going to be a long sticky wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭WWC1

Hi,

+ me for the perineal instructions please!

Oh man the heat last night in bed. Had the windows wide open and the duvet off and still melting. Had to jumpout of bed then at 5 with the WORST cramp in my leg, it's still sore now from it. Hope it snows today....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:T96pIKu0SZUJ:www.doulaireland.com/perinealmassage2.doc+perineal+massage&hl=en&gl=ie&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEESjkMFwHccyV4ZVptqXLCkXW3gqq2wAUQZPO12KIr8TCFEuI8Su7j9D1qkppdMV3fQtcObioSug35igFXFM_kp0ulmDeG8_ow3sohAB5BHMzjgfNGJO-ljJmPSjGPHpXqAzOIhZs&sig=AHIEtbS6iKKLbQ7vwxPDkBbaU-JXNOkP2g&pli=1

This is pretty much the same as the instructions I got at the antenatal class. One thing our physio did say is to start focusing less on squeezing your pelvic floor, and more on releasing it at this stage (unless you have signs of weakness there, such as peeing when you sneeze/cough)

It says to do the massages from week 34 onward, so I'm waiting until next week to begin - and i think i'll use a Vit E oil if i can, or one of the lubes - the idea of using olive oil weirded me right out :P

Kash wrote: »

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:T96pIKu0SZUJ:www.doulaireland.com/perinealmassage2.doc+perineal+massage&hl=en&gl=ie&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEESjkMFwHccyV4ZVptqXLCkXW3gqq2wAUQZPO12KIr8TCFEuI8Su7j9D1qkppdMV3fQtcObioSug35igFXFM_kp0ulmDeG8_ow3sohAB5BHMzjgfNGJO-ljJmPSjGPHpXqAzOIhZs&sig=AHIEtbS6iKKLbQ7vwxPDkBbaU-JXNOkP2g&pli=1

This is pretty much the same as the instructions I got at the antenatal class. One thing our physio did say is to start focusing less on squeezing your pelvic floor, and more on releasing it at this stage (unless you have signs of weakness there, such as peeing when you sneeze/cough)

It says to do the massages from week 34 onward, so I'm waiting until next week to begin - and i think i'll use a Vit E oil if i can, or one of the lubes - the idea of using olive oil weirded me right out :P

Thanks for that! It looks scary! I'll print it off later and read it properly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Do u think can the heat effect braxton hicks? I know I haven't drank as much water as I should have either today, but I've been getting them all afternoon.

I definitely noticed an increase in Braxton Hicks with this weather. The office ran out of water bottles for the cooler day before yesterday :eek: and only got it back late yesterday so I was rationing the water in my bottle and I'm sure that contributed to it. Definitely making a conscious effort to drink loads.
    mamaheidi wrote: »
    Just a question (and sorry for TMI) but has anybody thought about doing perineal massage?

I'm definitely going to be doing this, so will be interested to hear what you ladies (further along) actually use for it. I can only associate olive oil with cooking! I don't see why you can't use baby oil but there must be a reason.
    Robinc wrote: »
    She said something like KY Jelly would work too..

I'd use it if it was the best thing to use but I'd feel very odd as a preg woman going into shop to buy it :o

I'm really noticing the heat now that I'm heavily pregnant but I'm trying to enjoy it as much as I can as I've missed this heat for, what, a year!! I don't want it to go away so I'm doing my best to get comfortable in it. I'm sauntering around in vests & knickers in the house and putting shower very cool.

Well got my car last night so I'm a happy chappy, putting it in for a full service and general safety check tomorrow. I don't know what to do with my old car as I really don't see anyone driving it. I might have to pay someone to take it away!

Is anyone going to do a bit of sunbathing? I think I'll do a little just to get the vit D, using sunscreen of course. I'm going to keep my belly covered as the skin there is so tight it would burn in minutes. Maybe just keeping it to no more than 20 mins/ half hour exposure so don't overheat. I'm not looking to get a tan, but a healthy glow for those post birth pics would be great!

Geez I was up at 1.15ish to pee & then I got a tiny lick on the hand at 3.30ish from the dog...she needed to pee too...I guess she was a good dog & drank loads yesterday :D

I do pelvic floors when I remember but I've not been great at remembering :rolleyes: I have done them on & off for years :)

Mink - the only thing KY jelly is good for is a doppler :D its prob what your doc is using when they listen to your baby! So pregnancy is the best time to buy it ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

i actually didnt mind the heat yesterday once i got home and into comfy clothes.
    I wouldnt be one to sunbathe or tan or anything, i just burn so i generally stay out of direct sun anyway. The car journey was hell going home yesterday, meant to park car in the shade this morning, but i forgot, but its still a bit dull here, so hopefully it wont get too hot..

i sleep really well, and i always wake the minute hubby gets up, but this morning i didnt wake until i got my kiss goodbye...
    He has silage men around this eve so i have to feed like 8 men tonight!!

silly wrote: »
    i actually didnt mind the heat yesterday once i got home and into comfy clothes.
    I wouldnt be one to sunbathe or tan or anything, i just burn so i generally stay out of direct sun anyway. The car journey was hell going home yesterday, meant to park car in the shade this morning, but i forgot, but its still a bit dull here, so hopefully it wont get too hot..

i sleep really well, and i always wake the minute hubby gets up, but this morning i didnt wake until i got my kiss goodbye...
    He has silage men around this eve so i have to feed like 8 men tonight!!

Thank god for air con, I think I would literally die in the car without it now!

There is only shade at one place in my office and only 2/3 cars fit there. The rest is so open.

I'm not wearing traditional office clothes in today. I won't be in till lunch time anyway and I've lots of desk work to do so won't be meeting anyone. We don't have a dress code as such so I can get away with it. Still, i don't feel professional in a flowery top an leggings!

Try a packed train in this heat!

Just to throw it out there to anyone who's been absent for a couple weeks, there is a FB group set up for users of this thread. It's set to a private closed group so as not to give away our top secret Boards ID's to our friends/families :D Tis handy if we want to post photos more personal pics, arrange meet ups etc.

If you want to join in, just PM me your FB name (ie; the exact name your FB account is under), I can't search via email addresses.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭NyquistFreak

Mink wrote: »
    Try a packed train in this heat!

Just to throw it out there to anyone who's been absent for a couple weeks, there is a FB group set up for users of this thread. It's set to a private closed group so as not to give away our top secret Boards ID's to our friends/families :D Tis handy if we want to post photos more personal pics, arrange meet ups etc.

If you want to join in, just PM me your FB name (ie; the exact name your FB account is under), I can't search via email addresses.

Hi Mink, I sent a pm there a few days ago alright, I can't remember if my account is searchable at all though! If you have trouble get back to me anyway :)

kildareash ya i was wondering what the hell was up yesterday with the belly going round doing my messages! picked up 6 x 2litre bottles of water for 2.50 in aldi though so that should help!

So baby has a new and terrible game: punch mam in the cervix. Happened about 3 times last night, the first one was so horrible and unexpected I actually nearly dropped my dinner, I was just after standing cooking and bringing the wok to the table, stopped me in my tracks! I got another this morning, not liking it very much, feels weird, and only 33weeks now tomorrow. Maternity appointment Monday so will ask about it then - of course muggins here realised that she knows neither her doctors number, or name. just where to find her one day a week, how the hell did i manage to go this long and only realise this now! on the case to find out anyway, but she's not even listed in the clinic when i looked it up! eh - eek!

Hi Nyquist, I sent you a friend request I think last weekend, you gotta add me & the I can add you to the group. I'll PM you my actual name ;) now. If it still doesn't show up, just search for me and friend request me.

I hate those feelings in the cervix. I feel most of baby's hiccups down there for some bizzare reason! It's so strange

Mink wrote: »
    Hi Nyquist, I sent you a friend request I think last weekend, you gotta add me & the I can add you to the group. I'll PM you my actual name ;) now. If it still doesn't show up, just search for me and friend request me.

I hate those feelings in the cervix. I feel most of baby's hiccups down there for some bizzare reason! It's so strange

Found you there lady, my friend requests don't seem to come up as a notification at all for some reason, cheers! :)

So just did the obligatory Facebook nosing there and realised I've already met one of you in the real world in another life about 10 years ago through a friend of mine, madness! :D

I'm now trying to knit a baby cardigan: I think my version of nesting involves alot of knitting for some reason... now if only I was actually any good at it it would be great :D Also I don't know what half the stuff in the pattern means: just aswell the lady in the knitting shop is so nice!!

My belly looked like a pyramid last night: it was so odd! Baby was pushing a body up through my belly: it was kinda icky in a cool way!

So, just back from the hospital. After waiting ages to see the consultant himself on the nurses request another doctor seen me and almost had a go because some of my blood glucose tests were a bit high. But she Cldnt read the book I record my results in and tried to accuse me of not doing the tests!

She didn't take it too kindly When I pointed out that I was so borderline a nurse and doc missed that I failed the test five weeks ago! and despite 2 requests from the hospital the dieticians still don't have an appt for me.

Apparently, I have to see the diabetic nurse at all appts now but I wasn't told that either!

Baby measuring at 35wks and I'll be 33 tomorrow so they're not happy about that. Doc last week said cld be because of history of big babies on both sides of family, but this weeks doc dismissed that completely!

Anyway, diabetic nurse cld not have been nicer. Really reassured me that I have been doing everything right the last few days and it's just a matter of balancing out the carbs, maybe only having one slice of bread with an egg as opposed to two for breakfast, things like that.

Ok, moan over. Back to work!

• Advertisement

Jesus when are people going to learn that YOU DO NOT GIVE OUT TO OR WORRY PREGNANT WOMEN!! I don't care if you are a doctor!! It just makes us so worried & the blood pressure goes up etc. Kildareash I'm sure it will all be fine, do what you can to avoid that doctor for the future. I don't know why they are worrying you re baby measuring a little ahead, I've always heard it can vary by up to 2 weeks which is the case with you.

I miss my OH! He's been really busy all week and we went to bed at same time only once this week, we had dinner together once, he's not really been originating communication during the day. I have a sneaking fear I may have maxed out his capacity to absorb baby/pregnancy-talk! He's going on a work/bachleors party thing tonight (actually for a gay guy who is marrying his partner over in the uk this weekend which is cool) & then staying in his ma's so I won't see him til mid afternoon tomorrow. :(

I must resolve to talk about other things and let him bring up baby stuff (which he won't probably :rolleyes:)

Advertisement