Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gingerbread for HTC Desire officially announced!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭ElectraX

Good! Heard there aren't many noticeable differences but one useful update is that the keyboard is reshaped making the keys more rectangular and better spaced, hence much easier and quicker to type.Lots of fellas will be happy with that one:D

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭billgates

ElectraX wrote: »
    Good! Heard there aren't many noticeable differences but one useful update is that the keyboard is reshaped making the keys more rectangular and better spaced, hence much easier and quicker to type.Lots of fellas will be happy with that one:D

The gingerbread keyboard is already available for 2.2 on the desire, i have it running here. Check out this thread over on android forums might be of some help http://androidforums.com/htc-incredible/234859-gingerbread-keyboard-unrooted-how-people-doing.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭Luckycharm

Actually that is a good point I find the keyboard quite hard to use always pressing S instead of A for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Good news. Didn't think it would happen for us Desire owners.
    Anyone know how easy it is to un-root a Desire?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Whats the point in unrooting?
    Custom 2.4 roms will be available before the official release (this can be pretty much guaranteed)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Whats the point in unrooting?
    Custom 2.4 roms will be available before the official release (this can be pretty much guaranteed)

I'm running the non-sense Cyanogen 7 rom at the moment but would like to see what 2.3 with sense is like when it arrives.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

And itll arrive for custom roms 1st. It always gets leaked before the official release

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭ElectraX

billgates wrote: »
    The gingerbread keyboard is already available for 2.2 on the desire, i have it running here. Check out this thread over on android forums might be of some help http://androidforums.com/htc-incredible/234859-gingerbread-keyboard-unrooted-how-people-doing.html

Thanks for that, going to install and see if I prefer it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Thanks for that, going to install and see if I prefer it!
    I'm using it now. Don't like it.
    :(

Advertisement