Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Girl with Xperia X10

• 24-08-2010 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,599 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering is there a girl in the world (who doesn't work for o2) who has X10.

One of the reasons I ask this question is my gf wants a smart phone, of course she wants an i-phone. Now I don't believe in selling my sole to Steve Jobs, but when she says there isn't a sleek looking android, she's probably right.

What do you think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Has she seen the Galaxy S and HTC Desire? The Galaxy S is almost an iphone clone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

I think you should let her decide herself on whatever phone she wants, if you persuade her to go for something else and she ultimately doesn't like it, it'll be the doghouse for you for a long time... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Dunno about the target audience for the X10, but it is quite an old phone [only version 1.6 of the Android OS]. If I had to recommend an Android phone to anyone, based on its looks and also how good it was, the Samsung Galaxy S is a fantastic piece of kit that looks nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,599 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Oh like I take that into account, chances are she'll end up with one of those pieces of fruit.

I have an X10, I don't think I'd recommend it, but yeah samsungs look nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

I think it may be time to break up. you two are obviously not compatible :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭kenyard

women + technology.. i think those are the 2 who arent compatible

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭joanofarc

get her the desire.......she'll love it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

not true about getting her something else...my gf wanted an iPhone...got her one and she didnt like it...so brought it back and got her a nokia 5230 and she liked it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

JustinOval wrote: »
    Has she seen the Galaxy S and HTC Desire? The Galaxy S is almost an iphone clone.

Has anyone here actually held the Galaxy S? It is made of the cheapest, nastiest materials. The iPhones beauty is how it feels in the hand and the fact the quality of materials suggest it would last at least two years.

OP, if she wants an iPhone, why push here to get something you want?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,674 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Let her get whatever she wants. If she asks your opinion then by all means express it.

The Samsung Wave is very sleek and of equal build quality to an iPhone 4. Doesn't run Android but it's still a gem of a phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭maiden

I have an x10 and love, love , love it!!!! My friend also bought one when she saw mine!

Being a girl with no tech savvy, I love it for the camera, video, social networking, love all the apps!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,599 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I'm not trying to get her something she doesn't want. I'm not going to get it without her approving it. however I want her to consider all the options. she is one of the many people today who assumes the iphone is the only smartphone around. I just want her to realise there are options.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

true...iPhone is seriously over hyped...and people seem to think its the best when its not...

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭jeromeof

Get her an iPhone, but if she doesn't like it you have 30 days to return it.

Then get her a Samsung Galaxy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

Mr Bloat wrote: »
    I think you should let her decide herself on whatever phone she wants, if you persuade her to go for something else and she ultimately doesn't like it, it'll be the doghouse for you for a long time... :)

What he said ;)

Advertisement