Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to remove "Sent from mobile"

• 04-09-2013 4:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭

Anyone know how I disable my note from sending the "sent from mobile" at the end of pm messages in facebook?

I don't want people to know whether I'm on a phone or computer when talking to them via pm.

Can it be done?

thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,454 ✭✭✭dobman88

Anyone know how I disable my note from sending the "sent from mobile" at the end of pm messages in facebook?

I don't want my boss to know whether I'm on a phone or computer when talking to them via pm.

Can it be done?

thanks.

FYP, sorry, couldn't resist.

If you update your facebook settings on a computer to not show your location then it shouldn't say "sent from mobile" either anymore.

If that doesn't work just go to a phone shop and they should know, if someone on here doesn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Four of a kind

dobman88 wrote: »
    FYP, sorry, couldn't resist.

If you update your facebook settings on a computer to not show your location then it shouldn't say "sent from mobile" either anymore.

If that doesn't work just go to a phone shop and they should know, if someone on here doesn't.

Haha! :)

I've location setting set to off already on my phone?

Can't see how to update location settings on facebook on a computer though?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,454 ✭✭✭dobman88

Sorry, I meant your "current city" or "hometown" settings. You can edit them in "edit profile". I'm not sure if that would work but worth a try anyway.

Once you have the location setting of on your phone, I don't see what else you could change tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭irishpancake

I don't want people to know whether I'm on a phone or computer when talking to them via pm.

Can it be done?

thanks.

pullin a sickie?? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

I have a similar question, is there any way of disabling the little Mobile phone icon with the last time you were online beside it? I don't like people seeing when I've last been online etc. Well, certain people anyway ;)

• Advertisement

I've changed my current city to phuket(where I'm currently living), and still it shows up as "sent from mobile" when I send a message from the phone.

Don't know if this is possible to do at all. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

Don't use the Facebook or Facebook Messenger apps. Use a browser instead that sends header data to say you are logging in from a laptop or desktop.

Kavrocks wrote: »
    Don't use the Facebook or Facebook Messenger apps. Use a browser instead that sends header data to say you are logging in from a laptop or desktop.

Browsers say sent from mobile as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭pah

Some browsers let you change the user agent to show as Firefox IE, etc that might work. Not sure if chrome or maybe dolphin has the option

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

Browsers say sent from mobile as well.

You should have read my post more thoroughly. Set up your browser to send header data (user agent) to say you are logging in from a desktop or laptop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Anyone in the Facebook Android Beta testing group? The latest version of FB app and Messenger have a little Messenger icon beside contacts names when you check who's online instead of the mobile phone outline that used to be there, seems a bit silly, looks odd too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Go to settings in messenger/chat -> click turn off notifications.
    Log out of FB.
    The "Welcome Page" will say log in with "your name". Tick the "not you" check box, then exit the messenger.

If that doesn't work, uninstall and reinstall messenger/chat and do the above.

If that doesn't work, use the recommended option:

Delete Facebook account, go to websites that have "live Chat" support and talk to the employees there. Far more fun. :)

Advertisement