Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hitman Absolution - Contracts Mode Announced

Options
  • 15-08-2012 9:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭

I did a search here for an Absolution thread that I could add this too and didn't find any recent ones, but did find this from almost 12 years ago. Bit of nostalgia there for you. :D

Anyway, back to Absolution. They've announced the new Contracts mode which allows you to create your own hits that others can try to emulate or beat.

Rock Paper Shotgun have a more detailed example of how it works, but the basics are that you play a level that you already played through in the main game. There' no objectives at all. You simply decide who to randomly kill, how, and the escape route. This is uploaded to the interwebs and other players have to re-enact what you did as best they can. The more closely they follow your route, the more money they get, which is used to buy weapons and disguises.

I have to say, for a game that I was really doubting a while back, I'm really excited about it now. I can only assume there'll be DLC in the making with additional hits, but I think that's DLC that I'd actually be interested in.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

This new Boards search is a bloody nuisance! :D That thread didn't show up.

If a mod could merge the two, it'd be appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Anyways, this sounds like a potentially great idea. I can definitely see myself getting competitive with my brother over this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

more developers should do this like infamous 2 and littlebigplanet , its expands the life of the game and combats piracy easily than having us gamer annoyed , bang for a buck .. i soon be awaiting total absolution when the time draws near :D

Advertisement