Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Need for Speed World

Options
  • 14-08-2012 3:45pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone played/playing this? Think of it as an MMO Need for Speed drivey drivey game. I was bored last night and fancied something different and it was listed in Origin so I took it down for a look. It's based on the old NFS Carbon city (I think), so a lot of the roads through the city were vaguely familiar.

Free to play and get some tier 1 cars, but anything more than that has to be paid for. Even with the basic cars (I had a Nissan Silvia) it was grand just to spin around and do the odd race with other people online.

It falls down with almost all of the customisations and stuff requiring real world money to use, but you can do some basic vinyl and paint work - I always like that sort of stuff in NFS and Forza.

I'm playing on the Chicane EU Server if anyone's playing, feel free to add me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I did try it out when it was released but when I learned I could barely do anything without levelling up and coughing up money for it I uninstalled it. Was getting creamed in races by people who spent money on better cars.

Advertisement