Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2010 - WWE releases Bryan Danielson (Zombie bump)

• 12-06-2010 4:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭

Source: www.wwe.com

The WWE website reports that Daniel Bryan has been released from his contract. "We wish Daniel Bryan the best in all future endeavors," reads the post, which you can read at WWE.com.

May be a work given the storyline.

Is it a work or for real? 33 votes

real
    0% 0 votes
    work
    100% 33 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

skeptical-hippo-1.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Feels like a story move alright, I'm thinking of the Bryan Danielson has never lost a match interview. Feels like this is pat of this to let go of the old persona...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

maybe it is a storyline firing but they include both daniel bryan and (bryan danielson) in their statement so maybe its a legite firing, if so the wwe haved ruined what happened last monday night and a potential good storyline with michael cole by getting rid of in my opinion the only nxt talent with any ability

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

According to Meltzer (and other sources), this is a legitimate firing
    What I was told is someone very important complained about the angle and it was the idea that kids watching may think it's fun to choke people with their ties.

He was a scapegoat. They want him back when it blows over.

What I don't know is where the complaint came from, but obviously it was someone very powerful, because even people internally now that it's out can't understand why they didn't wait until Tuesday and have Cena destroy him on Raw on Monday.

From Lords of Pain
    Source: F4Wonline.com

- People in WWE, including the creative team, were told that Daniel Bryan (Bryan Danielson) was fired for choking ring announcer Justin Roberts with his own tie during the NXT invasion angle on RAW this past Monday.

The shot was edited from replays of the angle and was described as being too violent for what WWE allows on it's programming.

For what it's worth, Danielson was described as the type of person you would want your locker room filled with.

Added to this is that Danielson has changed his tweitter name from DanielByranNxT to BryanDanielson and has tweeted
    Just changed my twitter name to Bryan Danielson. The winds of change are stirring.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Not as sure as everyone this is a work, if it does well done Vince:D

notawork.jpg

Oh and

The latest on Bryan Danielson's release from WWE is that people who needed to know were told Danielson was cut for choking ring announcer Justin Roberts with his tie during the "NXT invasion" angle on Monday night. The shot involving Roberts was edited from replays of the show. The only thing that is being discussed right now is that WWE felt choking with a tie was too violent for what is allowed on television right now. From all accounts, Danielson was described as being well liked backstage during his tenure with the company.

Source: The Wrestling Observer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Strange thing is that WWE's corporate site normally has the announcement up straight away but there's no mention of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

ewrestlingnews.com
    Although we don't have this confirmed, Bryan 'Daniel Bryan' Danielson may not actually be fired from WWE. According to one source I spoke with, they think WWE is doing an angle where 'Daniel Bryan' is fired and Bryan Danielson will be his new ring name. This is not confirmed though.

We can also report that his WWE twitter name was just changed to Bryan Danielson and he mentioned it, saying "the winds of change are stirring."

WWE then announced Daniel Bryan had been future endeavored on the WWE.com website. If this is the case, this would be the first time WWE has used their web site to do a fake firing.

Please god let this be true, what an f'ing disgrace if he really has been let go. I also don't believe for one second that that segment was not completely scripted. If Daniel Bryan "choked out" Roberts with his own tie then he was told to do it. You can't fire someone for something you told him to do, that's the kind of BS that can see you sued. Simple as, it's a work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Terrible news if its legit. Its probably just a storyline though.

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    ewrestlingnews.com

Please god let this be true, what an f'ing disgrace if he really has been let go. I also don't believe for one second that that segment was not completely scripted. If Daniel Bryan "choked out" Roberts with his own tie then he was told to do it. You can't fire someone for something you told him to do, that's the kind of BS that can see you sued. Simple as, it's a work.

Maybe, but while Vince may have been cool with it, Linda and her campaign team probably weren't. They have been falling behind in the polls so I assume they were probably on edge and really don't want this to be used on them when the campaign is still on. M

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

If Danielson was properly released because he choked someone with a tie then WWE has officially moved from the PG era to the G era.

The "NXT invasion" storyline loses most of it's appeal without Bryan, only Barett provides a modicum of interest.

I'll clutch at any straw right now though and say it's all part of the storyline.

• Advertisement

I mean that act was more comical than violent. I was laughing at Robert's OTT facial expressions.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,136 ✭✭✭✭Penn

While I could understand them reprimanding Danielson for the tie thing, I doubt they would have fired him over it, especially when they've obviously had big plans for him for ages.

Could any of the mods set up a poll for this? One option could be work, the other real? It might be fun to see who has called this righht and who has bragging rights in the long run:o:)

If its to much hassle or you are to busy watching the football, thats cool. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

While I could understand them reprimanding Danielson for the tie thing, I doubt they would have fired him over it, especially when they've obviously had big plans for him for ages.

Could be sponsors getting involved. The Matell deal according to Vince McMahon was "a game changer". Maybe this is what he meant.

I don't know what to believe but I am veering on the side of it being true. This is the era of McDonalised corporate wrestling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Best storyline in years

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭chordtype

I'm actually hoping this is a work.

Choking Roberts with his tie and spitting on Cena are the only two reasons I can think of and in an angle where I'm assuming WWE was looking for a sense of realism, these at least added something. If someone is pissed off they are more likely to spit on them that go to the top rope and hit a 450 splash.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

The signs seem to be pointing towards it being due to pressure from Mattel. No other sponsor or affiliate that I can think of would have the power to cause this. Meltzer is indicating that it's not something that WWE themselves wanted to do

I wonder if whoever told him to do it was fired too

Fozzy wrote: »
    I wonder if whoever told him to do it was fired too

I would bloody well hope so.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

I'm still thinkin it's a work! They allowed rand orton attack women and kick people in the head, Batista try run over cena with a car, but this isn't allowed?I have to admit I'm skeptical!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Surely the STFU is as bad as being choked by a tie?

• Advertisement

I'm still thinkin it's a work! They allowed rand orton attack women and kick people in the head, Batista try run over cena with a car, but this isn't allowed?I have to admit I'm skeptical!

The Orton stuff was before Mattel came on board and Batista with the car was just implied, never shown directly and didn't actually happen. Danielson choking Roberts was clear as day

Gerard.C wrote: »

But a kid is more likely to seriously hurt his friend by wrapping a tie around his neck than putting an STF on him. That's probably the thinking behind it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

besides the fact the STFU doesnt actually hurt in any way or form yea....................:D

aparantly they want him to come back after the story blows over so maybe it is for real but they will use it as a work. maybe write him out of the story for now and bring him in when this storyline is running at its peak

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

Jesus Christ, i might as well be watching Spongebob Squarepants or whatever it is that the kids watch these days if this is what is happening. If this is real, i can guarantee Cena, HHH etc wouldn't even be reprimanded let alone fired. Stinks of what happened with Hassan a few years back.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Best storyline in years

^^This

Degag wrote: »
    Jesus Christ, i might as well be watching Spongebob Squarepants or whatever it is that the kids watch these days if this is what is happening. If this is real, i can guarantee Cena, HHH etc wouldn't even be reprimanded let alone fired. Stinks of what happened with Hassan a few years back.

Exactly. Meltzer said that Danielson was a scapegoat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

This is a bit :eek:.

If its legit, firing him is way OTT.

If its a work its amazing and the booking of Danielson has been mind blowingly brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭ayatollah

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

They certainly had no problem with him choking Roberts at the time as they actually focused the camera on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭von Smallhausen

Is it just me or is anyone else sick of the WWE's PG rating crap...Whats next, getting rid of the undertakers dead man persona cause is too scary for the kids??:mad::mad: WWE pull your heads out of your rear ends and bring back the days of old...screw the kids (not literally) think of your real fans!!

Advertisement