Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'System' process is spiking CPU usage

• 05-12-2007 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭

OK. So I noticed that the 'System' process in taskmanger shows that it spikes to 10-11% every 5-10 seconds. This is clearly not ideal. I've gone so far as I can myself. And google isn't pointing me in the right Direction. What you guys think?

systemprocesslargeqg3.th.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭riptide

Baaah! C'mon people! Anybody :):rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

do full antivirus scan/spyware scan,download free avg antispyware prog.or SPybot sd freeversion. VISIT TREND MICRO FOR online malware scan. You can disable some unwanted services by typing msconfig,from START,run menu in winxp.I think you have too many sevices running,or spyware, is taking up your cpu resources.

Done all that pal already. I run a tight ship here. I reckon its one of the many services I have that keeps runing a loop read on the registry.. or something. Anyway... the specific info is there in my screenshot. I just don't uinderstand it. it seems not many actually do.

Sorted. the Asus Premium Wifi card, when enabled causes it. Probably dodgy driver :rolleyes:

Advertisement