Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wearing your Sunday Best

• 12-10-2014 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭

Are we the last generation to have always worn our best clothes on Sunday. Most of my Sundays now are spent out walking or going for a cycle so it's leggings and sweatshirts for me.
    As a kid I remember my Dad polishing all of our shoes on Saturday night. Shiny shoes, best white socks and newest dress all for Sunday mass and whatever followed. This could be anything from visiting relatives/drives in the country/trips to the park or beach. Happy memories but not exactly dressed for climbing trees or running around the park !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

Gwad yeah, and if you were caught kicking a football with your good shoes on you were dead. Does the phrase "can you leave it be for one day at least" ring a bell , of course the other days your were supposed to study. Yes Sundays were a constant day of mindgames between the mother and my self.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

'Can you not leave it for one day' has me LOL. It brought back memories of my Mother shouting at me as I tried to get my bike out of the garage on Sundays. Can't blame her really because I'd have used the toes of my good shoes as the brakes :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

I'll see your "wear your Sunday best"

....and I raise you "wearing the same Sunday best outfit as your younger brother"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

OMG I'd forgotten about myself and my sister and our matching outfits :eek:

Advertisement