Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lg 49" 4k TV rte app

• 06-11-2014 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Just purchased TV and was hoping not to get sky as I just got UPC fastest internet was hoping to watch through the apps on TV eg rte app but can't seem to find in the lg App Store also trying to watch online but can't because of flash player being out of date ? Am a novice this. Any tips ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,317 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

You seem to have a hopelessly optimistic view of what you can get from a 'Smart TV'. In most cases the web browser is crap because as you've found out, most of them don't support Adobe Flash.

Supposedly I have Smart TV functionality from both my (Philips) TV and (Sony) Blue-ray player, both of which I have connected by network cables to my UPC Horizon box, they're both completely useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭swampy353

The Rte app is exclusive to Samsung tvs. You could try to use the Web browser on board to watch Rte player

• Registered Users Posts: 25,317 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

swampy353 wrote: »
    You could try to use the Web browser on board to watch Rte player

OP has already said that his flash player is out of date. The browser on most Smart TVs is rubbish.

RTÉ Player is available worldwide on desktop. It works with all different levels of broadband and we recommend a minimum 1Mbps download speed and a web browser that has the latest Flash plug-in

http://www.rte.ie/player/assets/watch/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭former legend

jimmyd1981 wrote: »
    Just purchased TV and was hoping not to get sky as I just got UPC fastest internet was hoping to watch through the apps on TV eg rte app but can't seem to find in the lg App Store also trying to watch online but can't because of flash player being out of date ? Am a novice this. Any tips ?

Surely your TV is Saorview compatible?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭bmwguy

Get a tablet or an xbox and hook it up to your tv to have RTE player. Or stream your phone. RTE player is, as someone just said, unique to Samsung TVs and was a big factor in me choosing the samsung tv instead of any of the others

• Advertisement
Advertisement