Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Free stuff

Options
  • 11-12-2010 4:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭

I have a lot of stuff I want to get rid of. Are there charity shops that take things like dvd player/tv/toys etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

A lot of charity shops will not take electrical products for safety reasons.

You could always go to that cash converter place on Parnell street and see if they would buy the electrical stuff and then donate the cash to Limerick Animal welfare or the Limerick homeless place on the same street.

Toys in good condition would be gratefully received by the likes of SVP I would imagine.

I tend to donate anything like cds, dvds etc to Limerick Animal Welfare.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,713 ✭✭✭✭phog

If the toys are in good condition and suitable for children you might consider donating to Adapt House.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭liammur

phog wrote: »
    If the toys are in good condition and suitable for children you might consider donating to Adapt House.

Thanks guys.
    They are practically new, where is adapt house located?

I also have unwanted furniture, maybe a skip for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭bmarley

A person has just posted on this site that she doesn't know how she can afford to get her children toys this Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,713 ✭✭✭✭phog

liammur wrote: »
    Thanks guys.
    They are practically new, where is adapt house located?

I also have unwanted furniture, maybe a skip for them.

Adapt House is up near the ESB HQs in Rosbrien, ring them first as they may take some of the furniture too.

• Advertisement

phog wrote: »
    Adapt House is up near the ESB HQs in Rosbrien, ring them first as they may take some of the furniture too.

Cheers.

The toys i have are for younger children, aged up to age 3, 2 sacks full of them. That woman is entitled to some of them if they suit her?

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭SoCo2009

Fair play OP! :) You'll make someone's Christmas!

You've inspired me to start looking for stuff around the house I can give away!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Have you tried Jumbletown.ie Liammur?

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭littlemissteach

Have you tried freecycle limerick?
    It's a group where people post things they have available or things they want- idea is that one persons trash is anothers treasure!You have to give your stuff for free tho...don't know if thats a problem for you?

Here's the link to the site

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/limerick-freecycle/

Have you tried freecycle limerick?
    It's a group where people post things they have available or things they want- idea is that one persons trash is anothers treasure!You have to give your stuff for free tho...don't know if thats a problem for you?

Here's the link to the site

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/limerick-freecycle/

Thanks guys, i'm giving my stuff for free, 1 guy pm'd me and i'm giving him a bag of toys, if anyone knows someone or wants things pm me

things like, 14" sony tv, dvd player, juicer, toys , coffee table

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭georgem25

Have you tried Jumbletown.ie Liammur?

I have used www.jumbletown.ie loads of time and find it very easy to get rid of stuff especially if you include a photo!

Advertisement