Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How is Brown Thomas doing in the recession?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    €50?? That's a visit to the local GP!! I think I'll be sticking with Boots myself, 4 advantage card points to the euro? How can ya go wrong :D

I actually said less than €50, and I don't get how you can compare buying cosmetics to a gp visit :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,823 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

SarahBeep! wrote:
    €50?? That's a visit to the local GP!! I think I'll be sticking with Boots myself, 4 advantage card points to the euro? How can ya go wrong :D

And how much are vibrators these days? Im sure theyd be roughly the same as a visit to a GP? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

moby2101 wrote: »
    you say youre a student...lets hope when you get your degree and land yourself great job paying a decent salary, You will have the OPTION if you so choose to buy that designer handbag or dress or whatever in BTS...
    Believe me, I wont be 'landing' any job. If I get a job in my field it'll be because I worked my behind off for my qualification. And the salary I sart on wont be 'Decent'
    And how much are vibrators these days? Im sure theyd be roughly the same as a visit to a GP? :P

I don't see what that has to do with ANYHING! Hahahahahahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Believe me, I wont be 'landing' any job. If I get a job in my field it'll be because I worked my behind off for my qualification. And the salary I sart on wont be 'Decent'

Im afraid you're misunderstanding the terms "landing" and "decent".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

And if you do well and can afford to buy nice things in Brown Thomas or fly to Paris or whatever, will you still insist on shopping in cheaper shops?

There's certain things I think it's worth paying extra for (nothing I'd buy in Brown Thomas though).

• Advertisement
Advertisement