Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Banned From The Radio Forum.

• 15-09-2015 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,699 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Earlier this morning I was permanently banned from the radio forum by it's moderator hullaballoo.

Having failed to reach an agreement via PM, I would like to challenge my banning as a whole on the grounds that I feel I have done nothing wrong.

My banning has come about from my posts on the thread discussing the decision of RTE political journalist to wish to dress as a woman and on those days be known as Jonathon Rachel.

During the course of some robust debate, I outlined some real world examples of how someone such as JR in a serious professional position may lack gravitas and credibility in the eyes of those he would be interacting with during his working day.

I feel I made my points clearly, fairly and most importantly-well within the forums charter.

Unfortunately I am unable to link to the thread in question, but if one of you could have a read through it on the radio forum (it's only a couple of pages) and see what you think, I would really appreciate it.

The PM exchange between myself and hullaballoo is available at your request.

Thanks for your time.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

I will look into this.

Can you please forward the PM exchange.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,699 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Thanks for looking into this.

The PM exchange should be with you now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

PM's received - Thanks.

Have sent a PM to hullaballoo to get any background.

I have looked into this ban.

The relevant section of the Charter is;
    Blatant abuse including, but not limited to abuse based on sex, race, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion will not be tolerated.

Having read through the thread the stance you have taken is at odds with the majority. There is nothing wrong with that and life, including this site, would be quite boring if we always agreed. The controversial nature of the subject is a bit of a mine field and one could easily find themselves on the wrong side of the rules. I do not see that line being crossed here. The posts, in my opinion, have been kept relevant to the subject of the thread and the practicalities of working in high profile position while being Gender Fluid.

While the discussion was about gender identity I can see no evidence of it being abusive. Ban overturned.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,699 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

CabanSail wrote: »
    I have looked into this ban.

The relevant section of the Charter is;

Having read through the thread the stance you have taken is at odds with the majority. There is nothing wrong with that and life, including this site, would be quite boring if we always agreed. The controversial nature of the subject is a bit of a mine field and one could easily find themselves on the wrong side of the rules. I do not see that line being crossed here. The posts, in my opinion, have been kept relevant to the subject of the thread and the practicalities of working in high profile position while being Gender Fluid.

While the discussion was about gender identity I can see no evidence of it being abusive. Ban overturned.
    Thanks for that.

Usually I take my medicine on the chin with minimum fuss, but I did feel a permanent ban without so much as an on thread warning (as was afforded to another poster who had abused me on thread) was a bit heavy-handed.

I think from now on it's probably best if I stick to Jonathon's broadcasting only, for everyone's sanity:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,402 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement