Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

fridge/freezer problems

• 28-01-2011 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

Hi everyone.
    My Indesit fridge freezer is acting up.it is freezing food on all three levels in the fridge.The freezer is also way too cold and is filling up with ice.THis is occuring even though the thermostat is on the lowest setting? any ideas what the proplem may be or any solutions would be greatly appreciated and/or if no quick fix any recommendations for a cheap(ish) technician in south dublin area?

Thanks in advance:cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

Sounds like you need a new thermostat.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭tomhalloween

Sounds like you need a new thermostat.
    I was thinking that Billy thanks for confirming it. Is it a big thing to replace do you know??sorry for the slow reply i was away the last few nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

you deffo need a new thermostat. i had the EXACT same problem with my fridge just before christmas. and it was brand new and all. destroyed about 500 quids worth of food. and the technician came out and looked at it and said there was nothing wrong with it. i held up a frozen bottle of juice and was like wha??? he said, 'oh that was leaning against the back of the fridge (which it wasn't) and you can't have anything lean against there, it needs to be able to filter down'. pfft. eventually got him to agree to changing the thermostat. he had to order said part. then got snowed into his house for three weeks. we had NO fridge. cost a fortune buying pints of milk and everything fresh every single day. FINALLY got it fixed like 2 days before christmas!

Advertisement