Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

MLB: 2014 Regular Season Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Who'd have thought when the season started, that after 3 weeks, Aaron Harang and Alfredo Simon would be the top 2 in NL ERA.......a veteran that wasn't really wanted by anyone, and a long reliever covering for an injured starter.

Morrison J wrote: »
    Another man going slightly under the radar - Ervin Santana.

To be fair these pitchers have had the benefit in facing the Mets early in the season (twice for Harang and Santana) so it's not fair to the other pitchers in the NL who haven't had the pleasure of that yet!

I know you're supposed to play the game hard and hustle etc. (and throw in all the other Baseball Tonight clichés) but surely Matt Williams was a bit over the top with the benching of Harper yesterday?

http://mlb.si.com/2014/04/19/bryce-harper-matt-williams-pulled-hustle/?eref=sihp

I know he's a new manager and wants to set out his stall early but I don't agree with what he did there.

MilanPan!c wrote: »
    Rough rough night for the Yankees...

Yeah, bad day at the office alright. One of the things I like about baseball is the way a team gets hammered one day then comes back and plays a new game the next day as if last night never happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

Rough rough night for the Yankees...

Two rough nights for Yankee pitching. I'm confident though. Tanaka, Pineda and Kuroda have looked very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,437 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Just seen the Yankee game highlights and :o that wasn't good.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭MilanPan!c

"Ivan Nova Injury: Updates on Yankees Starter's Elbow and Return"

"The MRI on RHP Ivan Nova last night has revealed a partial tear of ulnar collateral ligament of his right elbow. He will be placed on the disabled list today and will be further examined tomorrow in New York by Yankees team physician Dr. Chris Ahmad."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2035431-ivan-nova-injury-updates-on-yankees-sps-elbow-and-return

"Sweeny Murti ✔ @YankeesWFAN

Nova used words "sad" and "devastating" but has not yet been told how long he will be out or if surgery is required."

'Nova: "it's hard. I don't even know what to tell you guys. I'm so sad right now that I'm not going to be pitching."'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

"Ivan Nova Injury: Updates on Yankees Starter's Elbow and Return"

"The MRI on RHP Ivan Nova last night has revealed a partial tear of ulnar collateral ligament of his right elbow. He will be placed on the disabled list today and will be further examined tomorrow in New York by Yankees team physician Dr. Chris Ahmad."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2035431-ivan-nova-injury-updates-on-yankees-sps-elbow-and-return

"Sweeny Murti ✔ @YankeesWFAN

Nova used words "sad" and "devastating" but has not yet been told how long he will be out or if surgery is required."

'Nova: "it's hard. I don't even know what to tell you guys. I'm so sad right now that I'm not going to be pitching."'
    Same as Matt Moore, he will more than likely require surgery and be done for the year. Its crazy the amount of guys going down with torn UCLs (partially or otherwise) this season :(

Yankees/Tampa - tie game bottom of the ninth.

Coeus wrote: »
    Same as Matt Moore, he will more than likely require surgery and be done for the year. Its crazy the amount of guys going down with torn UCLs (partially or otherwise) this season :(

8 gone for TJ since 1 March apparently

After a challenge benefited the Yankees earlier, changing an out to a ground rule double and scoring their only run, another challenge has just "caught" Ichiro stealing second.

Top of the 11th - still tied at 1.

• Advertisement

This new 'highlights from MLB.tv' thing in between innings is getting very annoying. Especially when watching a game in the 14th and the same few highlights come on every few innings.

At least the game should be over soon as Valverde's pitching

• Registered Users Posts: 39,437 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Can't believe the mets braves game is still on.

switch over to the Yanks game right now

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Can't believe the mets braves game is still on.

Not anymore!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Boom shaka laka boom, yankees core in the 12th bases still loaded, nice bet in running:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Also win my other bet over 3.5 which i thought had lost:D
    i might open that nice bottle of jameson staring at me

switch over to the Yanks game right now

Any more updates Milan?

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on-baseball/24533948/video-brewers-pirates-brawl-after-carlos-gomez-triple

Another bench clearer and surprise surprise, Carlos Gomez is at the centre of it again. Time to put the handbags away lads.

Any more updates Milan?

Sorry - stupid work.

Anna walked w/ bases loaded (after TB intentionally walked Ellsbury). Then Beltran hit a 2 run single.

After 12 innings the yanks win 5-1.

Crazy.

• Advertisement

Sorry - stupid work.

Anna walked w/ bases loaded (after TB intentionally walked Ellsbury). Then Beltran hit a 2 run single.

After 12 innings the yanks win 5-1.

Crazy.

I was worried about you Milan, thought you might have lost it when the Yankees scored 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Amazing game at Fenway. 5-0 down and win 6-5 with a walk off. Feels just like last year!

Amazing game at Fenway. 5-0 down and win 6-5 with a walk off. Feels just like last year!

It was spectacular!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

It was spectacular!

Not from where I was sitting :(

Benimar wrote: »
    Not from where I was sitting :(

Come to the dark side.

Looks like a replay is on now. What inning should I expect the comeback to start?

Looks like a replay is on now. What inning should I expect the comeback to start?

7th

7th

They might want to start the comeback earlier today as they've an extra run to get!

• Advertisement

They might want to start the comeback earlier today as they've an extra run to get!

:D

Considering that Baltimore tends to lose every one run game they're involved in, it might get take 10 innings today... :P

Advertisement