Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Snooker World Championship 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭risteard7

Glenman wrote: »
    Ken Doherty draw against Stuart Bingham the world no. 6. It could have been worse but it's not an easy match, then again, there are no easy matches.

At least he didn't get Selby again or robertson. What day will this match be?

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭melon_collie

First Round Draw:

Ronnie O'Sullivan v Robin Hull

Joe Perry v Jamie Burnett

Shaun Murphy v Jamie Cope

Marco Fu v Martin Gould

Barry Hawkins v Dave Gilbert

Ricky Walden v Kyren Wilson

Mark Davis v Dominic Dale

Ding Junhui v Michael Wasley

Mark Selby v Michael White

Ali Carter v Xiao Guodong

John Higgins v Alan McManus

Stuart Bingham v Ken Doherty

Judd Trump v Tom Ford

Stephen Maguire v Ryan Day

Mark Allen v Michael Holt

Neil Robertson v Robbie Williams

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭cack_handed

Ryan Day and Xiu Guodong were the 2 i'd have been hoping to avoid

That's ok for Doherty i'd say, don't think Bingham has been in flying form this season

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

Can anyone recommend a good app for live snooker scores so I can follow at work?
    I would love to see Doherty do well.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Wow! All four of this mornings frames go to Ken. 8-5 up now. Looking good for him. Bingham looking out of sorts and Ken cleaning up well in the scrappy frames.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭risteard7

Ken is playing really well his safety is v good. I hope he wins this 8-5 up.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭eric hoone

Pighead wrote: »
    Wow! All four of this mornings frames go to Ken. 8-5 up now. Looking good for him. Bingham looking out of sorts and Ken cleaning up well in the scrappy frames.

I did fancy Ken when i saw he won the last frame of yesterdays session. He's rolling back the years

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Diarmuid1995

SarahBM wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a good app for live snooker scores so I can follow at work?

World snooker live is great, gives all stats about current tournament, players seasons and of course the live scores. Definitely available on android, not sure about others

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Fudge You

Go on Kenny.
    Only two more frames and youre through. In the last 16, Kenny wil face Higgins or McManus, sounds easy!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

9-5 now to Ken.

He's really rolling back the years, although Bingham has been shocking this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭eric hoone

Fudge You wrote: »
    Go on Kenny.
    Only two more frames and youre through. In the last 16, Kenny wil face Higgins or McManus, sounds easy!!!!

He won't fear either of those lads, higgins isn't the player he used to be

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Bingham needs a snooker to win the frame. Doherty looking great

• Registered Users Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

I'm so happy for ken... He totally deserved that win.

Bingham just never got going...

Well done ken!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Delighted for Ken today. Tremendous from him.

Wow Bingham was truly awful, sad to see that, but nothing away from doherty..played well and took his chances when they came. Last 8 a very real possibility now and an outside chance of sneaking back into the top 16 maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Why can't any of them say 'Doherty' properly.
    It annoys me when they say ' Ken Dockerty'

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Diarmuid1995

MJ23 wrote: »
    Why can't any of them say 'Doherty' properly.
    It annoys me when they say ' Ken Dockerty'

Exactly!! Real off putting, Terry Griffiths pronounces it like Dougherty, even worse. Not as if he works with them all year round or anything....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,291 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Last World Championships under this format?
    Bazza hinting at big changes, possibility of 128 players in a shorter time frame. I'd like to think we've enough 6 tables in a room best-of-9 tournaments already.

http://www.sportinglife.com/snooker/news/article/663/9273962/hearn-to-discuss-format-change

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

www.flashscore.co.uk Usually use it for football results but had the snooker on it all weekend.

I like to go for the underdogs so today Im going for McManus against Higgins.

:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Taylor's "brine and baloo" does my head in too.

Im watching the Walsey Ding match right now. Kid just had a 135 break against Ding. that's a nice confidence boost for him!

Steve Davis having fun with the big touch screen telly too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Anyone watching Wasley-Ding? Wasley playing like the Crucible is his local club. Ding looking slightly off-colour.

Walsey is enjoying every minute of it, making some rookie mistakes, but playing well. Ding just looks miserable and he doesnt want to be there!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Walsey is enjoying every minute of it, making some rookie mistakes, but playing well. Ding just looks miserable and he doesnt want to be there!

Big time. There was one frame where all he had to do to win the frame was roll in the blue. He spent two minutes seeing could he get position on a red. Eventually I think he realised as he just rolled in the blue deadweight in the end. Cracking player though.

Ding should really be gone here...but playing a rookie who is acquitting himself well without showing the necessary composure to take advantage of a wilting opponent. Ronnie will be odds on very soon

Selby through 10-9. Ding and Walsey to finish tonight Ding winning 9-8 but I think Walsey could beat him.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

Oooh drama, 9-9.

What a break from Wasely!

following on twitter

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

Fluke Red for Wasley!

Advertisement