Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

DRUMMER WANTED, BUSY BAND, SOUTHEAST

• 09-11-2011 10:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Covers Band based in the South East area. Candidate must have plenty of gigging experience and be able play to a high level. Own transport needed. Must be available to gig and practice ANYTIME. Own kit needed. We gig all over the country so you must be willing to travel. Must be willing to play any music, Thus COVERS BAND.

About the Band: We have a full pro setup, full PA, Stage lights etc, all high end gear.
    Setlist: Normally run of the mill, rock and pop, modern and classics, we try to add a few quarky ones.
    We've gigged loads and have lots of experience. Very busy calender coming up, high end venues etc. You WILL be paid for ALL gigs (will be discussed further when needed), bar the odd Charity gig. Any further question please ask.

Videos of yourself playing will help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Treyd2k6

pm'd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Backbeat

Hi there,

My name is Lee and I've been drumming for the past 20 years. I start drumming when I was as young as 6 and have been in a number of groups/projects along with some session work too. Most my experience comes from an original band I spent over 10years with. The style we played initially was american college rock and then to emo/alt rock.

We gigged all over the country, doing a few tours with smaller artist such as La Rocca,Giveamanakick,The Revs,Jack L, Miracle Bell,Frankie Lane, Blink and a few others. We played all the usual venues around the country, The Village,Whelans,The Button Factory,Belfasts Black Box and Laverys Venue,Time, Dolans, Monroes and many more.

We also played a number of tours over seas including the UK,Spain,Portugal,Prague and Germany which were organised by smaller a&r's and independent labels. Our biggest success was in Germany where we did a two week tour and finished up at "Stop the Killing Festival" in Stak, Smollen, Germany with America's Lord Bishop(Harlem NY City) and his Dirty Jams.

I am based around Kildare, have own transport, full kit, mics,pa ets and looking to get back into the gigging scene. As I'm currently unemployed, I have no other commitments and would be able to give this my full attention. I'm reliable, honest and very easy going. I'm afraid I have no vids on youtube for you but if you search The Re-Offenderz you will see a few vids of some of our tunes. If you would like, I could send you a few of the Ep's I have done to give you a better idea.

Cheers,look forward to hearing from you,

Lee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

What's the name of the band, just curious?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Bandmate

Hey mate. Great reply by the way. Could you pm me your email, (or give it out on here), and then your eps. Cheers. All sounds great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Bandmate

Sorry mate, not giving out the name till further conversations with the ap. Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Drumstuck

Bandmate wrote: »
    Covers Band based in the South East area. Candidate must have plenty of gigging experience and be able play to a high level. Own transport needed. Must be available to gig and practice ANYTIME. Own kit needed. We gig all over the country so you must be willing to travel. Must be willing to play any music, Thus COVERS BAND.

About the Band: We have a full pro setup, full PA, Stage lights etc, all high end gear.
    Setlist: Normally run of the mill, rock and pop, modern and classics, we try to add a few quarky ones.
    We've gigged loads and have lots of experience. Very busy calender coming up, high end venues etc. You WILL be paid for ALL gigs (will be discussed further when needed), bar the odd Charity gig. Any further question please ask.

Videos of yourself playing will help.

Hey just wanted to find out an example of what songs you cover. I'm based in the southeast and have about 15 years experience - covers and originals. Pm me if you don't want to post publicly.
    Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Treyd2k6

Well lads,

I'm a drummer from Carlow . I have tons of experience in bands both covers and originals, would love to be a part of this.I'm really easy going and very easy to work with. I have pro gear and i have my own transport.

Here are some clips of me playing:

Everlong - Foo Fighters (no mic)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EypyF74Stik

Bottoms up - nickelback (w/Mics)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BbIgQc2zMs

Ive got a dark alley - Fall out boy(w/mics)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REOrSu1bWAc

The last 2 are only demos for my youtube, just messing around trying to get good sounds.

I'm willing to play absolutely anything in a covers band so no worries there. And if yas want me to make a cover of a song of your choice and upload it to youtube as sort of an "Online Audition" thats no problem at all just let me know

Just one thing, where in the south east are use based?

Any other questions ya want to ask fire away!
    Look forward to hearing from ya!
    Shaun

• Registered Users Posts: 39 seankavanagh

hi are you still looking for a drummer?
    based in arklow..
    seankavanagh75@hotmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Siha

PM Sent

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Robin Ball

Hi Guys,

I'd be interested in finding out a little more about your gig. I'm in the south east myself. I've trained in Berklee in Boston. Own kit, own transport and have been playing over 20 years and am often doing recording work.

I'd like to come and audition when you are doing them ,

Thanks,

Robin

http://www.robinball.net

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 drumsforband

Hey what kind of setlist do you have and how many gigs a week are you guys playing? I've got over 12 years experience and I'm based in Waterford but have transport If travel is needed.
    Hope to hear from you.

Advertisement