Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Experienced Lead/Rhythm Guitarist seeks Originals/Covers band Dublin

Options
  • 02-09-2011 12:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Moving to Dublin in the next few weeks and I want to get back to playing again. I'm 23, I've been playing for over 15 years. I listen to stuff like Graveyard, Sabbath, Kyuss, Alice in Chains, Pentagram, Wino - Obsessed, Hidden Hand, Spirit Caravan etc, Skynyrd, Opeth, ZZ Top, Van Halen, The Groundhogs, Bita UFO, Kamchatka, Hendrix, Mastodon, Fleetwood Mac, Crowbar to name a few, but I'll play pretty much whatever you want me to play, I'm not limited to the sort of stuff I've mentioned. I'm just looking for a good band to join.

I can sing too and fronted a metal/classic rock covers band for a few years, also as lead guitarist, we would have played the likes of Metallica, Pantera, Megadeth, Thin Lizzy, Skynyrd etc. I write music too, I'm not limited to the kind of music I write either, sometimes its the music I'm listening to at the time that will inspire me, or maybe I'll just surprise myself with something totally different, but its usually either metal, melodic or something with a stoner/retro 70s kinda vibe about it, but sometimes completely different. Ideally I'd like to join a band doing stoner/doom/rock/grunge/metal or maybe blues, be it originals or covers, but I'm open to other genres too. Preferably established, but if not then I'll probably still give it a go.

So what I'm mostly after would be an established originals band, or if its a new original band I'd be interested depending on what kind of music would be played. Covers band wise, I'd like to play with people with experience and maybe a bit of a good reputation for themselves, so if its an established covers band I'm interested, or if its a new band I'd be interested if it wasnt gonna take too much to get out gigging.

Also interested in tribute bands, PM me and I'll let you know if I can play it!

I am a very solid, tight rhythm player and I play good lead too. And I'm sure the sort of stuff I write would be of interest to someone out there.

Get in touch anyway folks

Comments

Cool. How good a lead guitarist are you? Could you play Hendrix effectively? Or could you manage Slash? Or how about Page or Brian May?

Not that I think these are incredibly difficult leads to emulate but I'm thinking about getting a covers band together and need a good lead guitar player that could manage doing these type tunes. Obviously, aiming for a good solid rock-type catalogue. But easily able to mix in popular tunes that will get people moving.

I'm 29 and a drummer with some experience. I don't have a bass player or rhythm guitarist yet, but I have one hell of a singer waiting in the wings. I used to play with this guy before and he's perfect: got lots of stage presence and a voice that can do anything (without sounding like a twat either!)

Cool. How good a lead guitarist are you? Could you play Hendrix effectively? Or could you manage Slash? Or how about Page or Brian May?

Not that I think these are incredibly difficult leads to emulate but I'm thinking about getting a covers band together and need a good lead guitar player that could manage doing these type tunes. Obviously, aiming for a good solid rock-type catalogue. But easily able to mix in popular tunes that will get people moving.

I'm 29 and a drummer with some experience. I don't have a bass player or rhythm guitarist yet, but I have one hell of a singer waiting in the wings. I used to play with this guy before and he's perfect: got lots of stage presence and a voice that can do anything (without sounding like a twat either!)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

PM Sent

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Kingwoe

PM sent bro

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Colzed

Hey man, check out this tune.

http://www.reverbnation.com/9thlife

Would you be interested in this sound?
    Let me know and I'll let ya know all the details.

Thanx.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Treyd2k6

• Registered Users Posts: 14 LP788

Already sorted. Close thread

Advertisement