Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Muddy Water's

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,824 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Yeah, this would be my favourite song by Muddy Waters

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Rory Gallagher

Oh yes!

That's truly a remarkable tune! I'm surprised how well Muddy's music stands the test of time.
    His later period was pure deadly as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭win2one

I also like this final studio albums produced by Johnny Winter on the Blue Sky label

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

they say Muddy Waters invented electricity ;)

on a more serious note, have you heard "The London Muddy Waters Sessions"

love it, heres one with Rory

I can't say I'm the biggest fan of either the Muddy Water's or Howlin' Wolf's London Sessions.(Chess cashing in on the British blues explosion with poor results) HOWEVER The Muddy Water's session has one thing(Other than Muddy) going for it and that's the fact Rory Gallagher played on some of the tracks.

That particular track is the high point off that album.
    I'm also very fond of his Can't get no grindin' album, After Hours and Garbage Man are serious tunes.

• Advertisement

I loved the London session albums, saying that I also loved the much derided "Electric Mud"

however my top Muddy album is "Hard Again" with James Cotton on harp

Electric Mud was a good idea in concept but executed poorly I feel. It is a funny,offbeat type of ... thing(?)

Yes indeed Hard Again is an excellent album,James Cotton is 2nd only to Little Walter.
    I also love Muddy's really early acoustic blues, Such as this ...

not a lover of acoustic blues, like it for a few songs but quickly get board, modern Chicago blues for me all the way

lets go with Freddie this time

and feck it one more, the gone too soon Paul Kassoff

O Freddie King is a stunning Guitarist and singer(Rare pair of lungs)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PURIZ388xvE

Sorry I couldn't post the video normally,For some reason I can't get it to work but I advise ye look at this as it's phenomenal.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭pueblo

This is one of my favourite MW tunes..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

If anyone has a way of playing Super Audio CDs (SACD - now defunct sadly) I highly recommend forking out the dosh for Muddy Waters Folk Singer.

Muddy (McKinley Morganfield) came from humble birth but his legacy is huge, not just in blues music but in the story of music as a whole. When people like Gallagher, Winter, and others pay him such homage you must pa attention to his style.

If you want the Hollywood version of those halcyon days in Chicago - check out the Cadillac Records movie.

topper75 wrote: »
    If anyone has a way of playing Super Audio CDs (SACD - now defunct sadly) I highly recommend forking out the dosh for Muddy Waters Folk Singer.

Muddy (McKinley Morganfield) came from humble birth but his legacy is huge, not just in blues music but in the story of music as a whole. When people like Gallagher, Winter, and others pay him such homage you must pa attention to his style.

If you want the Hollywood version of those halcyon days in Chicago - check out the Cadillac Records movie.

Cadillac Records was a huge disappointment for me.
    Yeah you're right about 'Folk Singer' though,Also 'The Best Of Muddy Waters' is excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 edwardmp2

He's the master

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭zombiepaw

kingtiger wrote: »
    I loved the London session albums, saying that I also loved the much derided "Electric Mud"

however my top Muddy album is "Hard Again" with James Cotton on harp

Love Electric Mud and After The Rain too. It's nice to hear muddy sound a bit different. After the Rain has my favourite version of Rollin & Tumblin on it, sloppy and loose as hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,444 ✭✭✭Rigsby

I have just finished reading a book on Buddy Guy's life ("When I Left Home"....a great read for anyone interested in the history of the blues). In the book Buddy talks fondly about Muddy Waters. As well as being very talented Waters had no problem with imparting advice and knowledge to others (among them a "budding" Buddy Guy). This was contrary to what a lot of other blues men of the day chose to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 newtoit73

listening to mississippi delta blues from youtube,
    the pulse is everything, what delivery and feeling, amazing .

Advertisement