Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Happauge HD PVR 2: Gaming Edition Cheapest Price?

• 11-03-2014 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭

2172.jpg

I saw it for roughly €145 on Dabs.ie and €140 on PixMania.com.

I'm not tight on money but I would feel like a fool if I bought it for any of these prices when it's probably sitting somewhere for much cheaper. Would anyone know of any stores that would have it for a lower price?

Cheers :)

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

140 sounds pretty good for one actually, tbh- it was nearly 200 on launch!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hauppauge-Gaming-Edition-Capture-Device/dp/B0092P47GW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1394546254&sr=8-1&keywords=hd+pvr+2 is probably cheaper but no idea how postage would come into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

140 sounds pretty good for one actually, tbh- it was nearly 200 on launch!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hauppauge-Gaming-Edition-Capture-Device/dp/B0092P47GW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1394546254&sr=8-1&keywords=hd+pvr+2 is probably cheaper but no idea how postage would come into it.

According to An Post's UK deliveries, 1.5kg Parcels are about €20 - €25. (Packets are nearly €10-€15) The PVR's shipping weight is 1.2kg apparently

I would say I'd pay nearly the same price. So 140 seems to be an average. I may invest.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 MyMonkTv

Hey dude,

I'd just like to tell you about another HD capture card i have Elgato HD capture card,

Now i have both the HD PVR 2 Gaming edition plus and the elgato

Now there is more of pros to the elgato over the HD PVR 2

The elgato is alot smaller and has less wires involved, it also has a better editing software over the Hauppauge, but that only matters if you dont have sony vegas , the other good thing about the elgato is if you have it turned on , and forget to record a game you can rewind on the software provided and record the match you just played or previous match i think it has a rewind of about 6 hours, saves you the hassle of recording every game on the Hauppauge ,

However in saying all that about the elgato , the hd pvr is worth spending your money on , but just have a search around, and maybe have a search on youtube and watch compare videos .
    The price range is nearly the same. 10- Euro in the difference i think

Hope this helped you or anybody else

Monk

• Registered Users Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭C14N

According to An Post's UK deliveries, 1.5kg Parcels are about €20 - €25. (Packets are nearly €10-€15) The PVR's shipping weight is 1.2kg apparently

I would say I'd pay nearly the same price. So 140 seems to be an average. I may invest.

Assuming you're ordering to Ireland, it qualifies for free delivery Everything directly from Amazon (as opposed to 3rd party sellers on the site) is free if you spend over £25. It's around £117 including VAT and P&P which is about the same as Pixmania.

Advertisement