Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The MBA

• 12-08-2011 10:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi There,

Does anybody know if the MBA at the NCI is good? What if its not yet validated by the HETAC?

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

If it is subject to HETAC approval then it is new and has never ran before.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 sihoui

It explains why I havent found any reviews on it...
    Their program looks good though.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Lambretta

Hi,

I am also considering this option due to the interesting course content ,the affordability and to improve business management/leadership skills.

I would like to know how would NCIRL's general reputation contrast to the likes of DIT/DCU/DBS etc ? I know this MBA is not accredited yet but I would like to get an idea of how NCIRL is generally perceived as College.

I have taken undergrad and postgrad courses in property and engineering at both Trinity and DIT (although well respected) found their delivery methods outdated, so the quality of the course content and presentation would be just as important as the MBA reputation, if any past or current postgrad students of NCIR could let me know their experiences, I would be very grateful.

Thanks a million for any thoughts.
    Lambretta

• Registered Users Posts: 4 sihoui

Hi Lambretta,
    I went to their open evening last week and met the dean of the business school, who is also the one in charge of the MBA.
    He informed me that it is now accredited and approved by HETAC. I have heard a lot of good things on the NCI- it's a very well perceived college.
    I think they have others open doors in September if you want to ask more questions on their MBA programs.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 35 maulikdesai1

Hi Guys, this post has been inactive for a while and not sure if there is any other similar discussion out there, so am reviving this for your opinions
    can anyone advise if MBA from NCI would make sense to complete? am trying to decide between DIT and NCI, but DIT comes up to be a bit more expensive than NCI.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Lambretta

I am probably going to choose the MBA from NCI.

I like the contemporary course content and I prefer the actual campus at NCI to DIT. DIT maybe ranked higher as a college but NCI’s reputation seems to growing fast and I would think in the business and financial area that it is at least on par if not ahead of DIT. It would be great to talk to some of the existing MBA's an NCI. What are your thoughts at this stage?

Hi Guys, this post has been inactive for a while and not sure if there is any other similar discussion out there, so am reviving this for your opinions
    can anyone advise if MBA from NCI would make sense to complete? am trying to decide between DIT and NCI, but DIT comes up to be a bit more expensive than NCI.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 maulikdesai1

Lambretta wrote: »
    I am probably going to choose the MBA from NCI.

I like the contemporary course content and Iprefer the actual campus at NCI to DIT. DIT maybe ranked higher as a college butNCI’s reputation seems to growing fast and I would think in the business and financialarea that is at least on par if not ahead of DIT. It would be great to talk to some of the existing MBA's an NCI. What are your thoughts at this stage?

Thanks Lambretta for your response. i was thinking on the same lines, and tried to ask around a few people if anyone had completed the executive MBA course from NCI. but couldnt find anyone..

.. Anyone out there who is completing their MBA from NCI... ??? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭JonBon27

Hi Lambretta,

Did you begin the MBA? Thinking of starting it myslef in September.

Anybody do the MBA in NCI???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭GeneralC

bump this thread. Any feedback on the MBA?

• Advertisement

anyone???????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

NCI isn't very active on boards thats for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 3mma

Hi there,

Quick disclaimer: I work in NCI. But I see not many of our MBA graduates appear to be boardsies so I thought I would jump in very quickly to say, if you do wish to speak to current students or graduates, I am sure the MBA Programme Director would be happy to help set that up.

His details are:

Dr Philip McGovern
    MBA Programme Director
    National College of Ireland
    Mayor Street, IFSC, Dublin 1
    Tel (Direct): + 353 1 4498697
    Email: philip.mcgovern at ncirl dot ie

Boards won't allow me to post URLs but if you search NCIRL on YouTube you will find a video testimonial from one of our students, Lydia Kavanagh, talking about her experiences of the course. There is also a Meet The Team video on the NCI MBA where our lecturers talk a little bit about what sets this course apart.

And of course we'd love to see you at an Open Evening where you can ask our staff and faculty any questions you might have - the next events are on 22nd May, 19th June and 17th July 2014 from 5-7pm at our IFSC Campus.

Hope that helps.

Emma

• Registered Users Posts: 19 nicger

Hi Lambretta...did you take up the MBA at NCI?

thanks

Bump..... Anyone have any feedback?

Advertisement