Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Titanfall

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

sarumite wrote: »
    If everyone is on the same control system, thus all things are therefore equal, does it really matter if I use and M&K v's a controller.

(yeah, I am going to go there....although for the record I am both a PC and console player so I don't really have any skin in supporting either platform)

I dont really think it is about supporting a platform, its about how Controller is inferior ( but can be more comfortable ) control device to Keyboard+mouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

I dont really think it is about supporting a platform, its about how Controller is inferior ( but can be more comfortable ) control device to Keyboard+mouse.

I get that. A formula 3 car is inferior to a formula 1 car, but everyone on the track is driving a formula 3 car then I don't really see the point of saying that F1 cars are better.....

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Which leads back to my original point of how there's no point in comparing a console and PC version of an FPS game as the console's poor interface would never make it an even playing field and therefore not even close to a fair fight.

I've said it before and will say it again, if consoles offered me the full support of a mouse and a keyboard interface as well as the controller, I'd probably never build another gaming PC again. It's less about the platform and more about the tools you use for the job. Some games will always be better with a controller and some with a mouse and keyboard, similarly to how most (but far from all) fighting game people use a joystick and some driving game players invest in a wheel.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Shiminay wrote: »
    Which leads back to my original point of how there's no point in comparing a console and PC version of an FPS game as the console's poor interface would never make it an even playing field and therefore not even close to a fair fight.

I've said it before and will say it again, if consoles offered me the full support of a mouse and a keyboard interface as well as the controller, I'd probably never build another gaming PC again. It's less about the platform and more about the tools you use for the job. Some games will always be better with a controller and some with a mouse and keyboard, similarly to how most (but far from all) fighting game people use a joystick and some driving game players invest in a wheel.

But then you'd miss out on what is probably the biggest and best exclusive catalog out of all the platforms.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Really looking forward to this on the pc.Bf4 is really boring me at the minute.This could be a breath of fresh air.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,860 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

http://kotaku.com/xbox-one-mod-lets-you-use-ps4-xbox-360-and-mouse-keyb-1480243930

or, skip to about the 6:30 mark
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdVOSpmUx9g#t=0

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

ince Zampella
    @VinceZampella
    Min: 64-bit Windows 7, 8, 8.1
    AMD Athlon X2 2.8GHz or Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz
    4GB RAM
    512MB VRAM, Radeon HD 4770 or GeForce 8800GT

specs

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

I've tried one of these things before, it was terrible.. like using a really old **** ball mouse. Maybe these other models are better tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

dreamers75 wrote: »
    specs

8800gt....thats nothing these days, so everyone should be able to play it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Minimum specs:

64-bit Windows 7, 8, 8.1
    AMD Athlon X2 2.8GHz or Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz
    4GB RAM
    512MB VRAM, Radeon HD 4770 or GeForce 8800GT

grain-of-salt.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Really looking forward to this on the pc.Bf4 is really boring me at the minute.This could be a breath of fresh air.
    Although I still like BF4, I find myself not playing it as much as I used to.

And when I do get in the mood for it, sometimes the "you should not be getting this error" error appears and kicks be out of the game :mad:
    Kirby wrote: »
    grain-of-salt.jpg
    Well, it's only the minimum spec. When the "Recommended Spec" comes out, we'll see what we need... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Cod in a mech suit.

Have fun with that kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

^Yawn.

Don't know what's worse at this stage - the love-in and championing of Titanfall by some on the Xbox side, or the constant bashing from those on the other side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

You have to use origin so that's the PC version out for me.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I sincerely do not understand the hate for Origin - it provides the exact same service as Steam and doesn't suffer the problem of Green Light and Early Access where cowboys can get people to pay for total vapourware.

EA has a lot to do to restore any sort of confidence for me, I don't see this game in particular doing much for me personally, but I see absolutely zero logic behind the hate for Orogin from so many people (and I'm not trying to single you out RasTa, but you did bring it up).

As for those mouse+keyboard adaptor things for consoles - they're utterly rubbish, I tried using one for my 360 and it was a total waste of time and money.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,319 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Origin is fine. Using it for BF4 and SWTOR and it's a tidy little client that's pretty unobtrusive. People seem to hate it because it's an EA product and because it's not Steam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I sincerely do not understand the hate for Origin - it provides the exact same service as Steam and doesn't suffer the problem of Green Light and Early Access where cowboys can get people to pay for total vapourware.

After Sim City I said I'd never install Origin again, sticking with it. I'd expect the same problems

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭gaynorvader

EA has a lot to do to restore any sort of confidence for me, I don't see this game in particular doing much for me personally, but I see absolutely zero logic behind the hate for Orogin from so many people (and I'm not trying to single you out RasTa, but you did bring it up).

As for those mouse+keyboard adaptor things for consoles - they're utterly rubbish, I tried using one for my 360 and it was a total waste of time and money.
    Origin is fine. Using it for BF4 and SWTOR and it's a tidy little client that's pretty unobtrusive. People seem to hate it because it's an EA product and because it's not Steam.

I spent about 2 hours trying to set it up in the early days of SWTOR only to find out it didn't accept Paypal (I had no credit card at the time). So that put me off a bit. Then my friend who did have a credit card had to spend about 30-40 minutes on the phone to them in order to cancel his recurring subscription (there was no option for a once off payment). I think they ended up refunding his money.

Haven't tried it since, perhaps it's improved.

maximoose wrote: »
    ^Yawn.

Don't know what's worse at this stage - the love-in and championing of Titanfall by some on the Xbox side, or the constant bashing from those on the other side.

Well . With all the bloody hype on here about this game I decided to give it a look . Going by what I have seen of Cod over the years ,this game is gonna just be another generic piece of garbage thrown out for the Sheople to buy in droves...like all the crap that is Cod.

My son played a lot of BO 2 ,now he's 11 he plays BF4 .

I actually did look into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I spent about 2 hours trying to set it up in the early days of SWTOR only to find out it didn't accept Paypal (I had no credit card at the time). So that put me off a bit. Then my friend who did have a credit card had to spend about 30-40 minutes on the phone to them in order to cancel his recurring subscription (there was no option for a once off payment). I think they ended up refunding his money.

Haven't tried it since, perhaps it's improved.
    Similar happened to everyone when Steam first came out. Things change eventually. I'd prefer no Origin, but it's the least of EA's many sins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

parenting-meme.jpg%3Fw%3D710

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Well . With all the bloody hype on here about this game I decided to give it a look . Going by what I have seen of Cod over the years ,this game is gonna just be another generic piece of garbage thrown out for the Sheople to buy in droves...like all the crap that is Cod.

And what age are you supposed to be?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

humanji wrote: »
    Similar happened to everyone when Steam first came out. Things change eventually. I'd prefer no Origin, but it's the least of EA's many sins.
    Difference is I have steam as starting with my PC for the last 5 years and check the deals a few times a week; I only start Origin if I'm playing one of the two games that require it and I shut it down directly after. Why? Because Origin is only for one game company and there's no reason for it except attempting to build customer community (and only annoying me in the progress by insisting on it over steam).

marco_polo wrote: »
    And what age are you supposed to be?

Adult age...Mature...Cod is Crap and this game will more than likely follow in it's footsteps...

ohh. ps. I am not bashing the XBone . That was an assumption made Maximoose, I am bashing the over hype of Titanfall. It does not bring anything new...just like all the Cod rubbish.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Adult age...Mature...Cod is Crap and this game will more than likely follow in it's footsteps...

ohh. ps. I am not bashing the XBone . That was an assumption made Maximoose, I am bashing the over hype of Titanfall. It does not bring anything new...just like all the Cod rubbish.

No skin off my nose tbh, I don't play much online multiplayer at all, so it is quite likely I won't be even getting Titanfall. I was simply passing by and was curious as to why an adult age, mature gamer really has nothing better be doing than this.
    Cod in a mech suit.

Have fun with that kids.

Titanfall looks like BF4 in a mech suit to me...I do not see what is so appealing about it. It's been all done so many times before.

Mehh.

Loll. I just seen that it's developed by the COD team.
    http://www.ea.com/titanfall

I'm sorry for comparing Titanfall to BF4 now. Please accept my apology Dice ;)

marco_polo wrote: »
    No skin off my nose tbh, I don't play much online multiplayer at all, so it is quite likely I won't be even getting Titanfall. I was simply passing by and was curious as to why an adult age, mature gamer really has nothing better be doing than this.

Answer

" Originally Posted by jonerkinsella View Post
    Well . With all the bloody hype on here about this game I decided to give it a look . "

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Answer

" Originally Posted by jonerkinsella View Post
    Well . With all the bloody hype on here about this game I decided to give it a look . "

and now that you gave it a look. and decided its not for you at all
    since you've made that relevent about 5 times at least

why bother posting the same trolling stuff over and over again

cod suxxxxxxxxx so titanfall will suxxxxxxxx too

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I'm still very interested in it. The fact that it's from ex COD devs added with the fact they have less publisher restrictions over it, means they can be at their creative best. I loved every game they made and the COD series has gone to thrash ever since they left the IW studio, so my fingers are crossed that this game will breathe a bit of fresh air into the FPS genre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

less publisher restrictions

Not entirely sure it's significantly less. EA's suits DO like money (though they're nowhere near as bad as many make out)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

COYVB wrote: »
    Not entirely sure it's significantly less. EA's suits DO like money (though they're nowhere near as bad as many make out)

I think ultimate team on the likes of fifa14 just shows how money crazy they are:pac: go onto twitch sometime and check out the amount of people buying gold packets from their own cash
    I seen a guy on twitch spend 400$ for opening packs
    crazy money

Advertisement