Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Java Associate Developer SE7 information.

• 22-09-2014 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

I've recently got a subscription to pluralsight and the tutorials have been interesting but I've no experience in java. I was looking at the java course on ecollege as a possible route to try but I don't know much about it.

I was wondering if since its online can you start anytime and if its suitable for beginners with no experience in the area.
    Also, does it have a level on the national framework of qualifications?
    Just looking to get more info on its like.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭industrialhorse

You are better off sticking with Pluralsight and maybe picking up a cheap Java for Dummies book along with online examples and you can also download Netbeans to build your applications. Most standalone Java courses cost well over €1,000 unless you go along with the in-class courses that FAS may be offering.

I dont like Java or programming in general but I've had to do it for the last two years in college and what they teach you is borrowed heavily from the Pluralsight courses as well as similar videos which are all over YouTube

• Registered Users Posts: 9 cebili5

Thanks for the reply. I guess I'll stick with Pluralsight since its good enough to use as a reference for classes.

Advertisement