sh1t - Page 2 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

22-04-2012, 22:05   #16
darter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanL View Post
Darter, I understand she is frustrated but trapping pets and giving them away is not the answer. you can't keep a cat indoors, they are outdoor animals and can't exactly tell them not to go in to other people's gardens, listen to people's suggestions how to deter them but don't resort to those measures.
Her rights to have a garden free of cats, and there is of course a serious attendant health issue associated with microbes in cat faeces should children play with them, supercede your rights to allow your cats to roam the neighbourhood freely and sh!t anywhere and everywhere they like.

Just why is it you think that that is acceptable?

If you cannot control your cats (which is a silly statement, as no-one can control their cats), then you cannot allow them to leave your house. And if you cannot accept that they must be in your house 24/7, then you cannot own cats. Simple as that.

At least the measures Maudi is proposing are humane and don't endanger the lives of the cats. If I had her problems, my precautions might be less so, especially if I had small children.
Advertisement
22-04-2012, 22:17   #17
IanL

sh1t

When they go to a pound they end up getting destroyed so it isn't humane. I did suggest a repellent, no matter where you live cats will get into gardens and I make sure mine is vaccinated and wormed too. It's cruel to trap a cat inside a house all day.
22-04-2012, 22:19   #18
Maudi

Quote:
Maudi

Would you ever grow up and stop threatening to trap people's cats and give them away to pounds. We live in an estate where we are on top of each other and I am certainly not going to lock my cat indoors for fear of what you might do to my cat, there are cat repellents you can buy on web. The bulk of the cats round the estate aren't strays so please if you've no constructive criticism stop posting that crap.

Ian
extremly ignorant and very uncivic let alone community spitited to bring an animal knowing its habit of leaving its waste in your neighbour gardens where small children can come into contact and pick up a host of vile diseases...if you have any interest in you cat maybe you could show it by building one of those cat mesh walk ways around your garden ive seen them all over the states and here too..in the wild yes cats poop where they want thing is they aint in the wild now..so as a cat lover and owner you are responsible...i would love to have a cat but not where its making a pest of itself in the community..id be horrified at the thought of it leaving its dirt in some childs play area...i think with some irresponsible cat owners it an " out of sight out of mind "attitude...dosent wash with me im afraid..i suggest you do some "growing up"yourself and take responsibility for what is your pet..

Last edited by Maudi; 22-04-2012 at 23:24.
22-04-2012, 22:29   #19
IanL

sh1t

We certainly aren't living in the wild. We are living in a large estate of mostly terraced accommodation, which bring its own problems and undesirable aspects. The only way in which one can be entirely sure of not encountering pests such as cats, dogs and indeed children (joke!, well, sort of) is to live in a large detached property in the countryside. Until then other people's cats, kids and sometimes undesirable habits are a fact of life.
Thanks from:
22-04-2012, 22:55   #20
IanL

sh1t

Also I do provide a cat litter tray which my cat does use which limits the amount of faeces he's dropping in other gardens. And do provide a collar with a bell on it so birds hear him as cats do pounce on them. So I'm not irresponsible, do the best I can possibly do in that respect.

Also once or twice I've had to stop my car suddenly enough as kids run out on the road but don't berate parents as these things can happen and I don't brand the parents as irresponsible just human, everyone takes their eye off the ball unless they're robots.

Anyway wasn't trying to cause any offence just flew of the handle as yes I'm human too!
Thanks from:
Advertisement
22-04-2012, 23:20   #21
Maudi

Quote:
Also I do provide a cat litter tray which my cat does use which limits the amount of faeces he's dropping in other gardens. And do provide a collar with a bell on it so birds hear him as cats do pounce on them. So I'm not irresponsible, do the best I can possibly do in that respect.

Also once or twice I've had to stop my car suddenly enough as kids run out on the road but don't berate parents as these things can happen and I don't brand the parents as irresponsible just human, everyone takes their eye off the ball unless they're robots.

Anyway wasn't trying to cause any offence just flew of the handle as yes I'm human too!
apology accepted...

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion