Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate trivia

• 17-11-2013 8:50pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭

Ive only just now seen that Jason Barry who plays Dano had a significant role in Titanic

20422.gif

997TNC_Jason_Barry_002.jpg

JasonBarry_large.jpg

Share your Love/Hate trivia here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,442 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

So tempted to mega-merge all these random love/hate threads.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Peter O'Meara (Andrew the Dentist) was in Band of Brothers:

bobac_dike.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Love/Hate was originally going to be called Lourve/Hate and was to centre on the wacky exploits of security guards at a museum in Paris who really despise their jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,277 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Originally the first series was supposed to be an all female gangster crew with the lads as stay-at-home house husbands.

RTE rejected the script and the initial 5 minutes of sample footage which Stuart Carolan sent to them featuring Rosie, Trish, Siobhan and Mary organising a drug importation hasn't yet been shown.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭daveyeh

It is a little known fact that the actor playing Darren used to sh1t in his trousers to acurately copy the scumbag shuffle walk.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

It's a popular misconception that young thug Wayne was clipped because he laughed at his friend trying to pop wheelies.............. he was in actual fact clipped because he was found to have wanked off the cat from the first episode.
    The cat (aged 6) was shot so it wouldn't blab to the guards.

The character known as 'Fran' was originally written as a completely toothless talking pig with a pork-pie hat and stage school tap dancing shoes.

The actor who played Rosie is genetically 50% 'Bush Baby'
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRO2fZg_rAOEjxtVLFqLCL5KDtLg2QRXVJ9EtZeE7ZcubvzgONp

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

What was the ad Peter Coonan starred in pre Love/Hate?

Google, so far, says "eh?"

• Registered Users Posts: 13,277 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

IvaBigWun wrote: »
    What was the ad Peter Coonan starred in pre Love/Hate?

Google, so far, says "eh?"

Chill insurance, 'we'll take it from here'.
    http://vimeo.com/20194423

• Advertisement

Chill insurance, 'we'll take it from here'.
    http://vimeo.com/20194423

Thats the one, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

jaysus that judge this week was right about the shooting in Inchicore being similar to the wayne shooting in love hate...Very similar, i would say Carolan got his hands on the case notes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Holymackrel

Hi does anyone know what the dance music played in Season 3 episode 3 just after Tommy and Dano's wife "Skin up" it lasts about 10 seconds and is played at Siobhan's fancy dress party?....really doin my head in! 34mins 34 seconds into the programme.

Hi does anyone know what the dance music played in Season 3 episode 3 just after Tommy and Dano's wife "Skin up" it lasts about 10 seconds and is played at Siobhan's fancy dress party?....really doin my head in! 34mins 34 seconds into the programme.

I just Shazam'd it there for you and nothing came up. My guess is that its generic TV music used to save money on their soundtrack budget

See anyone familiar?

NSFC*

*Not Safe For Cats

• Registered Users Posts: 10,215 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

quickbeam wrote: »
    Peter O'Meara (Andrew the Dentist) was in Band of Brothers:

bobac_dike.jpg

Looks like Nidge grabbing a hold of him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

In early episodes (series 2), Fran was often called Frano rather than Fran. He is never referred to as Frano in later episodes.

Nidge has AIDS

I think that The Australian series "Underbelly", especially season 1, was an influence in the (excellent) writing of Love/Hate. But then, I could be wrong!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

I think that The Australian series "Underbelly", especially season 1, was an influence in the (excellent) writing of Love/Hate. But then, I could be wrong!

Definitely similar. Underbelly has the edge though because it was a true story.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Paul Ronan will have a part in the upcoming episodes.

I really enjoyed underbelly but thought it was slightly more dramatized than the gritty love hate...more comedy etc....some body count though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I really enjoyed underbelly but thought it was slightly more dramatized than the gritty love hate...more comedy etc....some body count though

yea was very good. i haven't bothered watching series 2 is it worth a watch ? is the story as interesting as series 1?

yes 2 and 3 are very good. 3 especially.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

Underbelly was on Netflix the last time I was signed up to it if that's any help to anyone who wants to start watching it :) I wouldn't be surprised if it's no longer there though as this was a while back. Haven't seen Underbelly myself, might renew the Netflix membership if it's still there.

DVDM93 wrote: »
    Underbelly was on Netflix the last time I was signed up to it if that's any help to anyone who wants to start watching it :) I wouldn't be surprised if it's no longer there though as this was a while back. Haven't seen Underbelly myself, might renew the Netflix membership if it's still there.
    it's good, takes a bit to adjust but worth watching...when you get into it look up the real criminals on youtube and you'll see how good the casting is!

Paulie is your man from the McDonalds add set in the future, whos say's "cause it wrecks the cheese"

There ya go now.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,967 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Yer man who played Darren was in a film about aliens when he was about 17...I saw it in the cinema at a some film festival :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,266 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Nice bit of trivia there are to many Love/Hate threads.

IMO of course.

Advertisement