Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Good form, bad form & everything in between?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Good form,as of last night I officially have a girlfriend.
    :)

How gay is that?!?!

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Necronos wrote: »

How gay is that?!?!

Pretty gay if she is a man!

I'm in lots of good forms lately cause of lots of good things happening :D

And I have bowling and beer and pizza today yay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭LeeHoffmann

Im in absolute shock. Just got a first in my masters. Can't believe it!
    That´s great. Congrats! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

KH25 wrote: »
    Im in absolute shock. Just got a first in my masters. Can't believe it!

Congratulations!

How gay is that?!?!

Congratulations also. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭gigawatt2007

I'm in awful form, facing into a horrible 6 months.

About to embark on the bankruptcy route in the UK to get out of a hole dug by buying a couple of apartments which means leaving a job and house that I love. It also means uprouting the family to the UK for a year.

It's going to be a tough year but hopefully a case of short term pain for long term gain.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,335 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

awec wrote: »
    It's all good right now! :)

Glad to hear it. :) You've had a rough few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

How gay is that?!?!

If it's that hot girl who works in Cassidy's then I take my hat off to you good Sir. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Awec you dawwwwwwg :pac:

I'm in good form at the moment, job is involving alot of research but it's in fields I want to learn about so that's the key. Started studying last night so I'm hoping to keep it up heading into the winter and pick up some certifications :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

A few weeks ago, my boss told me I had to swop jobs with another guy. I had spent years working on making my current area the success it is, I had invested a lot of time and effort in developing my team and introducing and implementing new processes.

The other guy just let his work area drag along, didn't help his team develop and left all the crappy processes in place.

This pissed me off, basically now that I've succeeded I'm being told to hand over a class team to this guy and go in and deal with a team that's been demotivated for years and will keel over at the thoughts of change being introduced.

So, bad form because I feel that because I did a good job that the fruits of my labour are handed to a guy who didn't bother his arse.

On the plus side, I enjoy my work (mostly) and am earning a good wage. Once things settle down and improvements are introduced it won't be so bad. Looking forward to some time off at Xmas to spend time with my top class family, no complaints there at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

boobar wrote: »
    A few weeks ago, my boss told me I had to swop jobs with another guy. I had spent years working on making my current area the success it is, I had invested a lot of time and effort in developing my team and introducing and implementing new processes.

The other guy just let his work area drag along, didn't help his team develop and left all the crappy processes in place.

This pissed me off, basically now that I've succeeded I'm being told to hand over a class team to this guy and go in and deal with a team that's been demotivated for years and will keel over at the thoughts of change being introduced.

So, bad form because I feel that because I did a good job that the fruits of my labour are handed to a guy who didn't bother his arse.

On the plus side, I enjoy my work (mostly) and am earning a good wage. Once things settle down and improvements are introduced it won't be so bad. Looking forward to some time off at Xmas to spend time with my top class family, no complaints there at all.
    Perhaps they're giving you the task of rebuilding his team as they've seen what you've done with your current team and want to see if you can replicate it.

If so, then you'll have strengthened/fortified your place in the company and hopefully be in a position to get a raise/promotion etc.

That's a simplistic view on it I'm sure but you never know! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,143 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

boobar wrote: »

I'd look on that as a sign you're on the fast track. They've identified you a trouble-shooter/problem solver. Replicate the success you've already had and you'll be moving up the ladder as soon as something opens up.

Fair play!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,289 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Bad Form - Got drenched walking into work this morning and my trousers and socks have been soggy all day:mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,196 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

My boss said I was one of the non-judgemental people she had ever met. Strange and questionable, but I'll take it!

Got my Masters degree cert in the post. I haz happy. :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,289 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Good form. I just went to my first circus and it wasn't as creepy as I was expecting:D

Gonna try and revive this thread.

Good form as I am going to Florida on Wednesday:D

Good form...

I had surgery on a torn Achilles tendon 6 weeks ago, recovering well and boss is sound and permitting me to work from home.

Everyone's been great, neighbours, family, friends, colleagues all giving me a helping hand.

Hope to ditch the crutches by Xmas Eve...fingers crossed this goes to plan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 Petrie

This thread is a great idea. Me: good form right now, just got over a nasty cold and able to hit the gym again, I'd take the deep burning pain of a workout over the horrors of man flu any day :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭BNMC

Bad form...

Was supposed to be working today but I didn't bother going in, text the boss this morning saying I was sick. Why? I don't know. No motivation. No energy. No interest.

Sitting here in my room with the curtains pulled. Depressing times. :(

BNMC wrote: »
    Bad form...

Was supposed to be working today but I didn't bother going in, text the boss this morning saying I was sick. Why? I don't know. No motivation. No energy. No interest.

Just enjoy the time off today, no point wasting the day. Stick on a good movie, open a beer get some good grub into you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

BNMC wrote: »
    Bad form...

Winter blues?

The dark nights have hit me harder than normal this year personally because we had a half decent summer for a change.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭Barna77

Winter blues?

The dark nights have hit me harder than normal this year personally because we had a half decent summer for a change.
    I've been the same for years, but it's all a mind game for me now. I just convince myself that the the winter solstice is only 5 weeks away -from now- and that days will begin to get longer again. And it works!

Good form. Back on the disastrous dating game. And after a good weekend :D there is something out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,143 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Great form: got over €500 in taxback which has lifted the dread of Christmas to actually looking forward to it again. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

Sleepy wrote: »
    Great form: got over €500 in taxback which has lifted the dread of Christmas to actually looking forward to it again. :D

I looovvve getting tax back, especially if it's unexpected. Nothing better.

Sleepy wrote: »

Nice one Sleepy, always good to hear someone getting a positive outcome from the dreaded taxman

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

bad form. cold and chesty cough ... joys

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Bad form: Fecked up my shoulder Brian Limaing someone last week, went to training thinking it was ok, made it worse then got my ankle stamped on and neck hurt all in the same ruck, So cant walk, lift anything or turn my neck properly.

Good Form: My hair is at that perfect length where everything is perfect :D

Advertisement