Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Commuting time between Terenure and Raheny

• 12-01-2010 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Does anyone know the morning commuting time between Terenure and Raheny with a start work time of 9.00 am.? What is the best route, through town or taking the m50?
    All thoughts welcome, cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

pauleggs wrote: »
    Does anyone know the morning commuting time between Terenure and Raheny with a start work time of 9.00 am.? What is the best route, through town or taking the m50?
    All thoughts welcome, cheers
    Definitely not the M50, you're obviously new to Dublin. :)

Do you intend driving and are you travelling from Terenure to Raheny or vice versa? I'm from Raheny originally so I should be able to help you.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 pauleggs

Yes, will be driving. Terenure to Raheny in the morning, Raheny to Terenure in the evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Colm R

Honestly, I would not bother driving that route. The M50 is a bad idea, and town is too unporedicatble.

There are many buses from Terenure, I'm just not too familliar with them that will bring you to town, and then you can get the bus onward (29A, 32 and probably more) or jump on the Dart Northbound at Pearse or Tara.

Northbound Darts out of the city are very quiet in the morning, and won't be too bad going back in in the evening. Buses are busy. Suffuce to say, unless you need the car at work, you're going to be travelling between two very well served public transport places.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 pauleggs

I do need my car for work, plus im allergic to public transport. Can anyone even give me an estimate. Am i looking at over an hour?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

Probably but if you could drive straight through Harolds Cross, Patrick Street, Christchurch, Bolton Street, Dorset Street, turn right onto Clonliffe Road and onwards to Fairview Strand and on to Raheny from there, it may not be too bad.

Bear in mind that your major traffic congestion will be from Terenure to Christchurch in both the morning and evenings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

Don't go near the howth road as its a bottle neck. Go along the coast.

Advertisement