Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Due in February 2015!

• 12-06-2014 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭

Delighted to be starting this thread - hope I will have more joining me soon!
    Estimated due date 17th Feb - havent been to Dr yet, but have appointment made. Have an almost 2yr old and a 13 yr old!
    Was part of the Due in July 2012 thread on here and it was a complete lifesaver!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 micecce

Can't believe I'm actually posting here... Still in shock but so excited!! Est due date is 12 of Feb but my cycles were very irregular so that could change! Havnt been to the doctor yet but going Monday! It still dosnt feel real cos I've had no symptoms! How are you feeling?

This is my first by the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

Ah finally!!
    Congrats to you!!!
    I am feeling fine, didnt have morning sickeness with my little boy but did with my girl - so maybe its another boy. My boobs are a bit tender - i think i was six weeks last time when i started wearing a bra in bed for comfort.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Sarahmk1982

Hi girls !! Due feb17th so excited, think we ve a lot in common silly , I've a nearly 2 year old and 10 year old

Congratulations to you both :D

Hi girls !! Due feb17th so excited, think we ve a lot in common silly , I've a nearly 2 year old and 10 year old

Congratulations to you both :D

Ah, and same due date too! Congrats to you!
    When are ye telling people? we told family at 10 weeks last time, but finding it very hard to keep it in this time - havent told anyone (except my boards.ie due in July 2012 girls) and my husband of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 micecce

We told immediate family as soon as we found out as my husband couldn't keep the secret! Will tell everyone else after the first scan at 12 weeks!

Was at the doctor this morning,taught he would of done another test but he didn't, he just checked blood pressure etc and gave me the letter to send to the hospital!
    Have you been to the doctor yet?

• Advertisement

I went to the Dr yesterday too. I thought she would take a urine sample (I thought they took one at every appointment last time) but she didnt, She just took blood and got me to sign the letter - she sends it to the hospital. I am going for the midwives clinic in the CUMH again this time - was fantastic the last time, had no problems whatsoever and hardly any waiting around in waiting rooms. i'd say it will be Aug before I get my first scan.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Sarahmk1982

silly wrote: »
    Ah, and same due date too! Congrats to you!
    When are ye telling people? we told family at 10 weeks last time, but finding it very hard to keep it in this time - havent told anyone (except my boards.ie due in July 2012 girls) and my husband of course.

We've told immediate family already but will wait until 10/12 weeks to tell everyone else ! Off to doctor today :) how are u all feeling ? X

I feel grand! no pains or aches really apart from a few cramp type feelings on and off. How about ye?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

I'm due on the 26th! I had my first back in July 2012, and as silly said, the boards thread for that was a lifesaver.

Hoping that this time will be smooth sailing, and I'll be less freaked out :)

Congratulations to all!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi girls.
    We've just found out we're expecting baby no 2 on the 21 Feb. My little boy has just turned 11 months!! I am delighted but in shock. I hadn't gone back on the pill as I had some difficulties but we were being careful!! Ha! I'm tired and crampy but no sickness so far. I was on the Due July 2013 thread and found it great. Looking forward to sharing the journey with you girls. X
    Kash wrote: »
    I'm due on the 26th! I had my first back in July 2012, and as silly said, the boards thread for that was a lifesaver.

Hoping that this time will be smooth sailing, and I'll be less freaked out :)

Congratulations to all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Bomberino5

Hi all,
    I have just found out we're expecting our first and I'm guessing it'll be Feb 2015, have a doctors appoint,net made for next week, only getting my head around it. Super excited but also can't believe this time next year I'll be up to my eyes in baby paraphernalia, Eeks!

Haven't told anyone else except the hubby obviously. Wondering how I'm going to get around a work night out next Friday and a hen and wedding in a few weeks!

Any tips?

welcome girls and congrats to you both!

Bomberino - antibiotics is the likely choice for getting around the not drinking - but there will always be people that will see right past that! You could always not go in rounds, drink 7up or whatever and just let on there is vodka in it. Or at the wedding you could have 1/2 wine spritzers with the meal - just say that wine gives you headaches?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 5unlover

Hey silly ur post made me laugh cause I am the same position as u I have a 17mt old.i just realised yesterday I was pregnant was at the doc today 2confirm.i am 43 so I having my scan wen mor.a big surprise.due date around 5ft of February.will know better on wen after the scan

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭TRISHKA

Hi Ladies, can I join you? due 3rd Feb, we have a 21mth DD and I am hoping to go to MLU in Drogheda, no real sickness a such just tired, hope you are all keeping well.

Hi trishka it's sounds like u will have ur hands full. Just like me congrats.my little is 17mts very active.he will going true the terrible 2s when fingers crossed the new baby arrives

My little man is going through these terrible 2's - I must warn ye. Its NOT PRETTY.

Hey guys got my scan done today. All went well nearly 8wks.due date 8th of February.so cause I am 43 I have to have blood test and second scan with in the next 5 and half wks.its along wait and worry but hopefully will go ok

Glad all was ok 5unlover. I dont have my first scan until Aug......dying waiting...

Mine isn't until August either, seems like an age away! Morning sickness has started in earnest this week, except it is mid-afternoon, early evening sickness, and strong smells are really setting it off. I can smell my little one's nappy from across the house! Hmm, wonder if this means I can get daddy to change and wash all of the stinky nappies?!! ;)

Good Luck with that Kash - let us know how that goes, might try it myself!

• Advertisement

Ladies, any of you really suffering from fatigue at the mo? i'm really floored the last few days, lightheaded when I wake in the morning, constant need to graze and napping at every opportunity but even after a goodish sleep last night the thoughts of having to find the energy to get into the shower and wash my hair had me early in tears. I'm taking the pregnacare vitamins and eating fairly good plenty of beef etc but think I will ring the DRs in the morning see if she can fit me in to check blood pressure etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭clartharlear

I can't tell if my constant sleepiness and non-stop yawning is actually just the result of the massive reduction in coffee intake!

Knackered, Trishka, no energy whatsoever. It doesn't help that I'm waking up 5 times a night to pee and can't ever seem to nap.
    I was the same in the first trimester last time, it eased off a bit around week 14/15 for me. But always worth going to the doc if you are in any way worried.

Clartharlear, that must be so hard! I was never a coffee drinker, but my hubby is a big fan and just doesn't function properly without it!

Hi Kash, yes have a 21 month old as was tired the last time but not 100% sure if I was just SOOO tired/light headed, and yes it took to weeks15/16 for it to lift too, everyone kept telling me at week 12 when go into 2nd trimister the tiredness would lift but took the extra few weeks. clartharlear have been on decaf tea and coffee since finding out I was pregnant and do think the initial tiredness was caffine withdrawal but that did lift a couple of weeks ago. Toddler napping now so think I will try have a wee nap X

I am completely shattered too - and starving at around 11 every day - I used to be fine from breakfast to lunch, but lately I cant concentrate with the hunger pains so have to bring snack to work. And we dotn need extra calories I dont think and if we do I think its only minimal - like a banana or something...i can feel the weight piling on already and my clothes are tight..
    My doc asked me to go back for more blood tests but i have yet to make the appointment. I will try and get into her this week as I am having some breathing problems that are annoying me...

Hi Silly hope you get the appointment with Dr soon, have appointment tomorrow morning, had hoped to be seen Monday or Tuesday but all booked up at 9 on Monday morning, have to say fatigue wasn't eased at all although not quite as light-headed as last week, sitting here surfing and should be doing loads of housework, house a tip at mo but just cant motivate myself to delve into it, maybe a chocolate bar may give me the extra energy needed:)

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭clartharlear

I haven't had so much as a twinge of nausea so far - I thought morning sickness should have hit by now?

Some people never suffer with it at all. I had it very mild last time, and I think it only happened because of the Pregnacare vits I was taking. How many weeks are you?

I just get nausea in the evenings and some foods i normally like i am gone completely off - like spuds. but i think if someone else made them i might like them...its wierd.

Had a dr appointment for yesterday as one of the girls at work is on jury duty so i couldnt take the time off. - the next available appointment is the 16th!!!

• Advertisement

The morning (all day) sickness is getting worse, and really getting me down - I'm struggling to concentrate at work with it and it's even waking me up in the morning :( Fingers crossed it passes soon!

Advertisement