Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JOBS IN WATERFORD.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭RubyK

Soundstore are looking for a part time retail sales person

Hours approx 12 - 16 p/week

12-4 pm 3-4 days per week

Forward CV to mike@soundstore.ie or by post to HR Manager, Soundstore, SiteCast Ind Estate, Pouladuff, Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭dermo909

Subway Ardkeen are looking for part time staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭jos22

Debenhams have sign up out side the store looking for few counter assistance in different areas. says apply with CV

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭WonderWoman!

RubyK wrote: »

where is Topaz

It's on the Manor, just before Morris's DIY.

Actually, just googled them and they have 3 stations in Waterford - so I don't know which one the ad is for.

Topaz Manor, Manor Street

Topaz Cove, Dunmore Road

Topaz Crystal, Cork Road

RubyK wrote: »

amazing how topaz now has jobs to offer once they got booted off that fas internship programe. wonder how man more would if they killed that programe

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭billiejosie

jos22 wrote: »
    amazing how topaz now has jobs to offer once they got booted off that fas internship programe. wonder how man more would if they killed that programe

Have some companies been rejected from it? If so, that is music to my ears! Im so tired of job hunting for an actualy PAYING job, only to find internships for jobs I would have done and gotton paid for before.

Have some companies been rejected from it? If so, that is music to my ears! Im so tired of job hunting for an actualy PAYING job, only to find internships for jobs I would have done and gotton paid for before.

I think they just removed the jobs posting but I doubt they actually banned them from using it. just funny how once Topaz interns got removed they are now offering paid jobs.

• Advertisement

I think they just removed the jobs posting but I doubt they actually banned them from using it. just funny how once Topaz interns got removed they are now offering paid jobs.

I'm willing to overlook the suspicious circumstances if it means getting paid :)

I'm willing to overlook the suspicious circumstances if it means getting paid :)

is the apply link working I got The selected job(s) is currently not active for viewing. also did you find out what location it for.

sunlife hiring on the phones

http://www.irishjobs.ie/Jobs/Technical-Support-Engineer-6583233.aspx
    time to try them again. last time they just issued a FOL
    think that time too they had lot of aol people applying who already had months of exp of taking abuse on the phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 angelanne

Hi all,

Just wondering what does the assessment in rigney dolphin include?

angelanne wrote: »
    Hi all,

Just wondering what does the assessment in rigney dolphin include?

for the interview? if it's like AOL you get forum with basic questions ( name a ISP other than aol etc) A basic computer test ie like locating windows calculator. and test phone call.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 angelanne

Thanks for the info.

Just trying to be slightly proactive :) but does anyone know of any bars/cafes etc that might be hiring? It doesnt have to be just in Waterford City, even in any adjoining areas like Dunmore, Dungarvan etc? Im just really needing a job! I have to meet FAS on Tues for the one on one interview so if i dont find a job asap, I'm going to be made go on the WPP :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

Like the person above me:

SOMEBODY GIVE ME A JOB! PLEASE!
    20yr old business student, ready and willing to do any form of work at all, ANY FORM ;)

Uhm but no, honestly, please give me a job! I'll make ya feel goooood!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Spanish_dude

i need a job
    i have no transport and i only own a pair of shorts

sun-life now have several potions advertised no entry level tho in business , developers etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Flyin Irishman

sun-life now have several potions advertised no entry level tho in business , developers etc

I wonder if they have polyjuice potion?? I could become their CEO and give myself a job....

*sigh* Im such a nerd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭batm!ke

Argos Ireland announced today that they will be looking to hire festive staff in the coming months! Around 800 staff all around the country! Think they do it every year. Had a mate who did it a few years back, said there was a good buzz in there during 'the Xmas' :)

I got a job!! Yaaayy!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭jammstarr

I got a job!! Yaaayy!!! :D

Well done. A bit of cash in the pocket :)

jammstarr wrote: »

Thank you :)

Thanks to the thread!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭batm!ke

jammstarr wrote: »

Thank you :)

Thanks to the thread!

Congrats on the job!

Genzyme were advertising positions on Today FM... erm, today! Check the website for details (it said)!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 afee_wils2011

My husband got a job in Keltech. We were delighted. Celebrated at the weekend until he went in today. He starts at half 4 is on permanent evenings doing the most boring job in the world. He was told he HAS to do 50-60 hours a week for 9 euro an hour!!!! No shift premium or no overtime premium!!!! The shift is full of foreign nationals who all talk in their own language and let my husband sit on his own in the canteen. He was so delighted to get the job after being out of work for 4 months and we have two small children but to be honest I would rather he didnt work. I cried when he came home at 3 o clock this morning after he started at half 3 today!!! I don't want him to go back there but he doesn't want to just give it up. I am heartbroken to think that after the last s***hole he worked things couldn't get any worse well believe me they can!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

My husband got a job in Keltech. We were delighted. Celebrated at the weekend until he went in today. He starts at half 4 is on permanent evenings doing the most boring job in the world. He was told he HAS to do 50-60 hours a week for 9 euro an hour!!!! No shift premium or no overtime premium!!!! The shift is full of foreign nationals who all talk in their own language and let my husband sit on his own in the canteen. He was so delighted to get the job after being out of work for 4 months and we have two small children but to be honest I would rather he didnt work. I cried when he came home at 3 o clock this morning after he started at half 3 today!!! I don't want him to go back there but he doesn't want to just give it up. I am heartbroken to think that after the last s***hole he worked things couldn't get any worse well believe me they can!!!!!

He does not have to do 50-60 hours per week. Look up 'working time directive'
    http://www.stafforg.com/working-time-directive.html is one site that gives good explanation;
    Relevant points -

48 hours net maximum working week, averaged over 4 months for general employees
    11 hours daily rest per 24 hour period
    one period of 24 hours rest per week preceded by a daily rest period (11 hours)
    Rest breaks - 15 minutes where up to 4.5 hours have been worked; 30 minutes where up to 6 hours have been worked which may include the first break

• Registered Users Posts: 41 afee_wils2011

gman2k wrote: »

He does not have to do 50-60 hours per week. Look up 'working time directive'
    http://www.stafforg.com/working-time-directive.html is one site that gives good explanation;
    Relevant points -

48 hours net maximum working week, averaged over 4 months for general employees
    11 hours daily rest per 24 hour period
    one period of 24 hours rest per week preceded by a daily rest period (11 hours)
    Rest breaks - 15 minutes where up to 4.5 hours have been worked; 30 minutes where up to 6 hours have been worked which may include the first break

Yea but how do you say no when you've only just started. He is on probation. It's not the hours he minds it's the pay. After all those hours and childminder is paid he only has 100 euro left for himself. I'd rather he was on the dole. I think the job-hunting will continue!!!

• Advertisement

Yea but how do you say no when you've only just started. He is on probation. It's not the hours he minds it's the pay. After all those hours and childminder is paid he only has 100 euro left for himself. I'd rather he was on the dole. I think the job-hunting will continue!!!

Eurobase are looking for people.

http://www.euro-base.com/index.php/careers/

Advertisement