Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

South Park Season 16 *US PACE* *SPOILERS*

• 15-03-2012 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Well, that was genuinely brilliant.

I laughed most all the way through the episode, particularly Clyde's mom's death. That was hilarious.

Butters was brilliant too - "That way you got a little shelf for your comics and your chocolate milk!" and "My grandma's from virginia"

I wasn't too gone on the "suance" scenes though, but I did get a chuckle out of them.

Very very solid start to the new season, I hope it continues that way.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭vetinari

Really enjoyed that as well. Classic South Park in terms of escalating absurdity.

The guy watching the cameras was hilarious!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

vetinari wrote: »
    The guy watching the cameras was hilarious!

it really was perfect comic timing when he was jerkin it, stopped, jerked it again, stopped etc. Brilliant.

Just noticed an error on my second viewing, the lawyer calls the inventor of the toilet Thomas Harrington when he pulls up his Wikipedia page. For the rest of the episode he's called by his proper name of John Harrington.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,073 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Cartman and Randy saved it for me,some great lines again from both. Not the best opener we've had but still full of laughs. One serious **** up though, in the 9/11 episode didn't Clyde get the blame for sh1ting in the urinal but his parents told Mr Mackey he had had a colostomy?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Roar wrote: »
    Just noticed an error on my second viewing, the lawyer calls the inventor of the toilet Thomas Harrington when he pulls up his Wikipedia page. For the rest of the episode he's called by his proper name of John Harrington.

maybe they were doing a real subtle john thomas joke?

• Advertisement

sometimes mistakes creep in because of the tight deadline, and they're rectified on subsequent airings

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I thought the TSA agents were absolutely brilliant
    "I got ta check your asshole sir"
    "I dont need you to wipe my ass. Im a grown man"
    "Yessir. Your a big boy"
    "Im a big boy. I made a big boy poo" :pac:

"We contacted the TSA who had this to say"
    "Sheeeeeeit"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

or a subtle wikipedia-is-unreliable joke?

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Bodhidharma

I didn't think it was that funny, I dont think the premiss held up for an entire episode. South Park usually begins slowly enough and is spot on after episode three.

On a side not, does anyone think that it should have ended with the Steamy Ray Vaughan episode? I think if it had finished at that point it would have been the absolute perfect end to a classic show. It reminds me of Only Fools and Horses, that had a perfect ending (when they became millionaires) but then they went back and made more, which were crap. I dont think South Park will get as bad as quick, but its gonna be almost impossible to top that ending for hilarity and poignancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭vetinari

No offence Bodhidharma and it's not just you but why the continual need for people in SP reviews to either (a) say it wasn't the best episode ever or (b) say that the show should have ended.

Neither opinion is all that relevant when discussing an individual episode.

• Advertisement

Its the first episode of a new series so obviously discussing the future is relevant, even if its only as as sidebar as in my post.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭Ridley

"Whoever smelt it, dealt it." :)

Quite enjoyed that episode I have to say. the bit with stan's (billy's) grandad talking about the dog was quite sad..

It didn't quite all come together at the end but overall I enjoyed it

yeah good ep but not great
    overall I thought it was pretty sad, but maybe I just never got over grandad and his dog :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

Now apologies if this has already been covered but haven't time to read all South Park threads.

When did they stop beeping out swear words? I mean they used to beep s**t but the episode on now has clearly said the 'F' word at least 4 times without a beep. Not complaining, just curious.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Decent start to the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

SteoL wrote: »
    Now apologies if this has already been covered but haven't time to read all South Park threads.

When did they stop beeping out swear words? I mean they used to beep s**t but the episode on now has clearly said the 'F' word at least 4 times without a beep. Not complaining, just curious.
    You might have seen the Web version (Netflix?) and not the televised version, not sure.

Anyway, I think in comedies that *bleeps* are funnier than the actual swear. Shows like Arrested Development used the concept brilliantly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

You might have seen the Web version (Netflix?) and not the televised version, not sure.

Anyway, I think in comedies that *bleeps* are funnier than the actual swear. Shows like Arrested Development used the concept brilliantly

Nah man this was on Comedy Central and something I've noticed in past while.

I agree beeping is more effective

Edit: hmmm there were beeps tonight :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Usually depends if the word is anyway relevant to the plot or not.
    Ever since the episode about saying sh!t on tv :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Depends on what time the show is broadcast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,073 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

:eek::rolleyes::o:confused: If anyone gets this weeks show can they please translate it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

What's not to get?

:eek::rolleyes::o:confused: If anyone gets this weeks show can they please translate it.

No problem

oh long johnsen, oh looong john, ol don piano, ol don piiano = war between cats and humans is inevitable, the streets will run red with the blood of human children

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

I thought the oh long Johnson cat was the only funny part of the episode. I adore South Park and usually see the charm in some of the less received episodes, but that was a really poor episode. Concept was great but, like the running joke, it just seemed dated and wasted a chance to take the piss out of memes again like the YouTube episode

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

I thought the oh long Johnson cat was the only funny part of the episode. I adore South Park and usually see the charm in some of the less received episodes, but that was a really poor episode. Concept was great but, like the running joke, it just seemed dated and wasted a chance to take the piss out of memes again like the YouTube episode

one of the worst episodes of south park ever. the first time i've ever fallen asleep in the middle of one. the cat was funny once, but only once. after that it was an annoying cat.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

i quite liked it :)

laughed a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

I actually had no interest in this weeks episode. Absolute rubbish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Awful episode. Just awful, didn't find any of it funny.

Advertisement