Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NUIG Skeptics Soc: PZ MYERS!!! :D

• 18-10-2009 3:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Dubhghaillix

Oh Hai!Mah fellow Non-Believers,

Just to spread the word, PZ Myers is looking to come to Ireland and give a talk at NUIG

http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2009/10/i_see_there_are_a_few_wacky_pe.php

There were a few comments from ppl from other Universities around the country, UCC, Maynooth, and one or two others I think, who'd want to see if he'd be interested in doing a tour. If anyone from either a Bio/Zoology dept/society, or any Atheist/Agnostic soc out there looking to get in on the PZ action drop us a line: skeptic@socs.nuigalway.ie

May the Science be with you.

-Dubhghaillix (Skeptic Soc Treasurer)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Good stuff :) Good luck with it !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

Wow, nice job. 4th of February, now all I need to do is dig up my old NUIG card, and pretend I'm still a student there... :rolleyes:

I'll keep an eye on the papers for people complaining about the infamous atheist coming to visit.

I wonder when the Novena is next year - it's around that time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Dubhghaillix

Oh yeah, we can coincide that with "Operation Get-rid-of-the-****ing-traffic-during-the-novena-by-moving-it-outside-the-city-,-or-at-least-getting-people-to-park-like-sane-humans-in-a-mutha****in'-car-park-I-mean-for-****sake-it's-near-a-****in'-hospital-what-if-an-ambulance-got-stuck-in-it?". (They guy who makes us the names is on holidays.)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

nah, that's catchy.

Maybe you could send him down Limerick way, he might get a go on the tree stump.

• Advertisement

XD

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

Good stuff. Will definitely be in attendance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭TheCosmicFrog

5uspect wrote: »

Maybe you could send him down Limerick way, he might get a go on the tree stump.

Would this be an all-expenses paid pleasure or would he be expected to pay for his own bus? :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I'd go up and drive him myself!

5uspect wrote: »
    I'd go up and drive him myself!

In that case, I may hitch with you to get in on the lulz :D

• Advertisement

We should see if we can rent a "There's prolly no God" bus, get a DJ, couches and Bar for the trip :D

We should see if we can rent a "There's prolly no God" bus, get a DJ, couches and Bar for the trip :D

I'm game :D

Advertisement