Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'48' Mobile operator - Prepaid offer - 3000mins & 5000 texts €10per month

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭dannyo666

Is porting a big deal?

Thanks for the reply

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭dannyo666

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

No big deal, should be done in a couple hours tops.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 TCOD

Sorry if this is a stupid question but do you need to buy €10 top up at local shop and then pay another €10 membership - bit confused

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

TCOD wrote: »
    Sorry if this is a stupid question but do you need to buy €10 top up at local shop and then pay another €10 membership - bit confused

You can top up €10 and with them buy your membership that covers the calls and txt.

If you want to buy extra add-ons like data you will need to top-up again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭psychward

I just received my sim card after a week or so of a wait. Only issue now is what to spend 500 Vodafone Cherry points on before I move. Can I decide whether to use the new sim as a new number or port my number onto it ? I didn't tell them my old number when I signed up on the interweb

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

Has anyone activated FaceTime with this network.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭Fenian Army

Guys were can I buy credit? Can I get it in a normal corner shop like I'd get vodafone, 02 etc or is it only specific outlets?

Guys were can I buy credit? Can I get it in a normal corner shop like I'd get vodafone, 02 etc or is it only specific outlets?

You can buy online on their website, any shops that have the Payzone machines or the Omnivend machines. More info on their website

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭Fenian Army

nava wrote: »
    You can buy online on their website, any shops that have the Payzone machines or the Omnivend machines. More info on their website
    Thanks, are those machines the credit ones you see around the place where you insert your cash?

I dont have a debit or a credit card you see, or a bank account in fact so I want to make sure I can actually top up before switching lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Thanks, are those machines the credit ones you see around the place where you insert your cash?

I dont have a debit or a credit card you see, or a bank account in fact so I want to make sure I can actually top up before switching lol

a payzone outlet simply means you go in and ask for a "€10 topup for 48" and pay them cash.

I suggest using them for a little while before porting and see how it goes for you.

Anyone activated FaceTime/iMessage on this with an iPhone 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭upandcumming

We saw that question the first time you posted it.

Did you try to activate? do you have credit? as part of the activation it sends a couple of txt to a UK number.

More info here

Let us know how you get on.

There a charge for 25c for FaceTime to activate. And I would like to topup by only €10.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Walter White

There a charge for 25c for FaceTime to activate. And I would like to topup by only €10.

When you top up by 10euro, it then says your credit is 11euro... So use your 10euro for membership for your free calls and texts and the extra 1euro to pay for your FaceTime... ;)

When you top up by 10euro, it then says your credit is 11euro... So use your 10euro for membership for your free calls and texts and the extra 1euro to pay for your FaceTime... ;)

Beautiful great stuff from them.

Thanks a lot. Straight to the point.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭pswanto

So I ported over from Vodafone this evening and that process was fine

Good points,

1. I can receive texts to my ported number.

Problems.

1. I can't receive calls, my number is constantly engaged.
    2. The membership payment won't accept my Laser details, I keep getting Error try again please.
    3. I'm Constantly roaming, even if they are 'piggybacking' from o2 i shouldnt be roaming.

Anyone else like this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭faolteam

When my credit is due, do have to have it topped up that day or the day before etc and if i dont top up on time do i loose offer ?????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Luap

Went into a Payzone shop to get the €10 euro top up, which I thought would do me 4 the texts and calls, but its saying I still have to pay a membership fee. :mad: Am I asking for the wrong thing in the shop or what.:confused:

Edit: Just had to go on to the website and buy the membership with your credit balance. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Luap

faolteam wrote: »
    When my credit is due, do have to have it topped up that day or the day before etc and if i dont top up on time do i loose offer ?????

No don't think so, just top up whenever you feel and you'll get the service for a month. Hopefully. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Walter White

faolteam wrote: »

No, you dont lose the offer.. If you dont top up its just like having no credit, you will still recieve calls and texts.. When you do top up your offer starts again from that day for a month... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭psychward

No, you dont lose the offer.. If you dont top up its just like having no credit, you will still recieve calls and texts..

but no texts if you are roaming abroad with an empty wallet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Sir Vival

For the sim registration stage. Did those outside the 18-22 bracket put in their real dob..?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭JTMan

Sir Vival wrote: »
    For the sim registration stage. Did those outside the 18-22 bracket put in their real dob..?

If they are an idiot then they did.

You need to have complete DOB field with a date inside the 18-22 bracket to use the service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 NewCar2012

Fungus wrote: »
    If they are an idiot then they did.

You need to have complete DOB field with a date inside the 18-22 bracket to use the service.

thats it, ported over to this this morning to see what it was like,
    best deal out there at the minute, porting was done ok, then topped up online with €10 to activate membership, all working fine now.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 oneteu

Free calls & text from TescoMobile to 48. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭JTMan

oneteu wrote: »
    Free calls & text from TescoMobile to 48. :)

Really? Must be a bug in the way Tesco bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭thisisadamh

When they ask for mobile number when getting a free sim is that a number they want to port or just a number in general for contact if there is a problem with the order. I dont want to port my current number.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,372 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

don't put in any number

Advertisement