Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

planning pregnancy post c section

• 21-11-2014 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

I have a 2 month old and had a section. In an IDEAL world we would like 2 kids. General advice, I believe, is to wait 12 months. I know people who have had very close consequetive sections - no issues bar back pain for one and pelvic pain for another and others who had no issues but the norm. Plus you can have those issues anyway. The person with the biggest problem had 2 sections within a year! I wouldn't quite fancy that now! Given my age my gp suggested 6 months so as not to leave it too long so reckon we will err on the side of trying sooner rather than later but would like to hear the experiences of others. And naturallywe realise that we may not get lucky again either way. Blessed to have one of course but would like to try once more if possible. I would much rather wait 2 yrs but age is against me.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Had an emergency c section and have birth naturally 14 months later. No probs at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭lainycool

Like January I had an emergency c section on my 1st and 17 months later had an elective section, That was only 11 days ago but I already feel I'm recovering better this time than I did on the emergency!

I will probably leave a bit of a gap before I go again but that's just cause I hate being pregnant :-)

Advertisement