Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gym in midleton got bust still taking direct debit payments

• 16-04-2012 6:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

http://www.midletongym.ie/

The gym above in midleton has gone into administration and has closed down but the cheeky buggars are still taking direct debit payments from peoples bank accounts, is anyone here a member of this gym have any info, a friend of mine is after being hit for this months direct debit

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

get him to go to his bank and ask them to reverse the payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

and go into the bank and give them instructions in writing to cancel the direct debit.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭harvester of sorrow

Yeah heard about this....pity really as it was a great gym.Alot of the lads inc. myself have moved to the one over by Tesco.
    If ypur friend is still getting his membership debited just tell him cancel it with the bank....simples.
    Hopefully someone will take it over soon:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭number10a

Yeah heard about this....pity really as it was a great gym.Alot of the lads inc. myself have moved to the one over by Tesco.
    If ypur friend is still getting his membership debited just tell him cancel it with the bank....simples.
    Hopefully someone will take it over soon:(

Have you a link for the one over there. Would be interested in joining somewhere myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭brianwalshcork

• Advertisement

yep ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ thats the one:D
    It used to be fairly quiet but as i said alot of the mfc lads are there now and things have become considerably busier.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Pat McGhee

@ number10a, I go to the Train Station Gym on the Dungourney Road - great place, i can't recommend it enough. The lads that run it are sound, they're all about functional fitness and no sh*te about them. Posers need not apply, lol!

They've got an offer on facebook at the moment too, no harm sussing them out if you're looking for somewhere new.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭paudie

Slightly off topic, but could anyone recommend a good pool in Midleton, for proper lane swimming?

Thanks.

Mmmmmmm not sure if the one in the hotel is suitable,but if you have a car Aura in Youghal is worth a look.
    http://www.auraleisure.ie/youghal

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭wispyman

I see the gym is now under new management and in the process of reopening.

• Advertisement

Excellent news.!

• Even though it's under new management, I wonder will they struggle to regain the older members. Alot of them have gone elsewhere already, and couldn't be blamed for being slow to go back there.

I've heard as well that they're back in the old venue for a few months, but are sorting out a new premises on main st? Anybody else heard this?

Yeah....heard a rumble that their looking at distillery lane,somewhere near the tanning studio area.

• Yeah....heard a rumble that their looking at distillery lane,somewhere near the tanning studio area.

Yep, that's what I heard as well....there's a nice big open unit on the ground floor there backing onto the car park at the rear. That or the 2 floors above Irwins electrical. Had a look at them myself a while back, but landlords were looking for us to fit the building out as well....all that's there is the core. There's some serious money to be pumped in there before it'll be ready for use.

Ya,thats the one.
    Prime real estate=premium rates:eek:
    Tis grand where it is imo,unless the rates the landlord is charging are higher than what they would get near main st.

Had a look in there friday,place looks good done up,and a bit of a different layout to appeal to a wider client base..... i.e not just a bb gym.

• Ya,thats the one.
    Prime real estate=premium rates:eek:
    Tis grand where it is imo,unless the rates the landlord is charging are higher than what they would get near main st.

Had a look in there friday,place looks good done up,and a bit of a different layout to appeal to a wider client base..... i.e not just a bb gym.

To be fair, the rent on the units was quite reasonable, I just didn't fancy paying out for the fittings/fixtures in there first day.....granted it would have been offset by a year or so free rent, but I can think of better things to drop 30 - 40k on!

Must pop in and have a look at the new place, hopefully it'll all go well for them....it's needed, the avenue serves its purpose, as does my own place, but something along the lines of a more hardcore place as it were (although maybe a slightly more watered down version!!) is nice as well.

Plenty population in the area for it anyway!

Yeah it can be a bit intimadating there in the evenings.
    Like something from National Geographic with all the "animals" in there:pac::pac:

• Yeah it can be a bit intimadating there in the evenings.
    Like something from National Geographic with all the "animals" in there:pac::pac:

it can be if you're not used to it. We've taken in a few since it closed originally, and they all said the same thing.

I get some of the bodybuilders into my place occasionally for their cardio, hilarious actually trying to see them trying boxing/thai boxing.....absolutely woeful endurance levels....can barely hold the hands up 30 seconds into a round!

Advertisement