Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 8 install not working

• 02-03-2012 1:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,622 ✭✭✭

Okay, I'm not sure what is going wrong here.

Should be straight forward.

I put windows 8 on USB flash drive.

My computer boots it, But the Windows 8 blueish logo appears and the circle below it just keeps spinning.

I have burned it to a disc aswell but it keeps happening.

No idea what's going wrong with this.

My mother is a Rampage IV extreme. Could there be something in the bios that is preventing it from loading the files. Perhaps the two different sata controllers, but that would be weird considering Windows 7 install disc from a few years ago works perfect.y

Booted in both UEFI and normally, both result in getting stuck at the initial setup loading screen and the circle just keeps spinning.

Anyone any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Thor wrote: »
    Okay, I'm not sure what is going wrong here.

Should be straight forward.

I put windows 8 on USB flash drive.

My computer boots it, But the Windows 8 blueish logo appears and the circle below it just keeps spinning.

I have burned it to a disc aswell but it keeps happening.

No idea what's going wrong with this.

My mother is a Rampage IV extreme. Could there be something in the bios that is preventing it from loading the files. Perhaps the two different sata controllers, but that would be weird considering Windows 7 install disc from a few years ago works perfect.y

Booted in both UEFI and normally, both result in getting stuck at the initial setup loading screen and the circle just keeps spinning.

Anyone any ideas?

I'd redownload if I were you. I had problems with the first download I made.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

The 5 dots/circle spun for about 8 mins on my install before the install proceeded.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,622 ✭✭✭Thor

testicle wrote: »
    I'd redownload if I were you. I had problems with the first download I made.

I downloaded a new versions just incase, but had the same issue with that one.
    old_aussie wrote: »
    The 5 dots/circle spun for about 8 mins on my install before the install proceeded.

Not sure what the problem was, but i disconnected every other hard drive from my computer except the blank one that did the trick.

Must have been windows 7 on another hard drive causing it or windows 8 couldn't initialize probably. Possibly the fact my motherboard has two sata controllers.

Too me honest, it could have been a number of things.

Thanks for all the comments.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,542 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Not sure what the problem was, but i disconnected every other hard drive from my computer except the blank one that did the trick.

I couldn't do a clean install to 3 different hard drives I tried. Had 4 SATA hard drives in the PC. Didn't think of disconnecting all but the install HD and went for an upgrade of W7 instead. Worked fine.
    My mother is a Rampage IV extreme.

:eek:

Advertisement