Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Wedding Dress shops

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭BC

Costume is in Castle Market in Dublin 2.
    Its not a wedding dress shop as such, its a fashion boutique but they do supply some wedding dresses as far as i know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 niamhswan

thanks a million for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 sufi

niamhswan wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me where Costume wedding dress shop is located. Have heard about it but can't find it on the web.

thanks

Costume has a wedding dress shop that opens on Saturdays only. You have to call them for an appointment to view the dresses

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Walls

Hey.

Had several appointments for Bridal shops today and Berketex really stood out. I kept the staff member dealing with me for well over an hour (I brought my sisters, they complicate things) and she was amazing. The care taken to find out what I wanted, and to accommodate it, was something to see.

Just wanted to add my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭bealfeirste5

You should definitely consider having a look online, seems to me that you can find them a lot cheaper and works in everyone's interests as you can try them on in the comfort of your own home, no humiliation necessary!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Walls

You should definitely consider having a look online, seems to me that you can find them a lot cheaper and works in everyone's interests as you can try them on in the comfort of your own home, no humiliation necessary!
    I hear what you're saying, but I usually want to firstly have a look at them on me before buying. Also, the reason they're cheap is that folks are getting paid very little for their work and I don't like that. I can afford to pay folks more, so I'm happy enough to do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 PinkLady001

Hi all,

I can recommend B Couture in Arklow Co Wicklow, and Glamourise Bridal in Gorey Co Wexford.
    Both shops have a fantastic selection and the people in both shops are just so unbelievably nice. And honest too.

I am getting my dress in B Couture, but think I will get my bridesmaids in Glamourise.
    BTW, I'm only 5'2 and definitely not a size 10! I was so nervous about trying dresses on, and having to be helped into some of them, but not once did either of the shops make me feel any way uncomfortable or anything like that.
    Can not recommend them highly enough. Both shops have sales on at the min too. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Maz81

Hi All,

I would recomend Edel Tuites in drogheda or Moreland Bridal on the Malahide Road. I am getting my own from Edel Tuites and i couldnt recommend them enough there is something for everyone there.
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 redrua

I went to 3 wedding dress shops the other day and the first and last which I won't name were uninspiring experiences. My sister was with me for back up as I am terrible at shopping.

The first had double booked my appointment and asked me to show her a confirmation that I had in fact booked this particular time. I showed her a card she had given me with a day and time but as she pointed out no date. My sister gracefully told the women we would call to re-schedule and then stood outside and tore up the ladys card where she could see. Was very funny actually.

The second was the Town Bride (where I had no appointment but just went to kill some time after the first store) and the older gentleman who works there was so lovely and actually began putting dresses on me telling me not to worry as his 3 o'clock had cancelled. He put me in four dresses and at the end had narrowed it down to exctly what I wanted despite my vague descriptions.

The Third had 3 other brides in the store trying on dresses and no one to serve us even though I had booked an appointment. We sat and waited for about 20 mis but when we saw no sign of any assistant coming near us even to say how long the wait would be we left. The dresses they were putting on the other brides were also not a patch on the ones we had seen before even tho they were alot more expensive. Just goes to show that just because a dress costs more does not mean its better quality.

On a closing note I have to say the dresses in the Town Bride were gorgeous! I am going back this week for another try with my mum.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 suzieled

Is there many shops open on Sundays for appointments?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 maidonamission

Hi there,

Has anyone tried or heard anything about Kodili bridalwear in Dundrum?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭lyndak082

Mobile wedding boutique....what is your opinion?

I’m looking for some brides-to-be opinions on a new idea a friend of mine came up with on a drunken night!!
    Her idea is to start-up a mobile bridal boutique meeting at a location and at a time convenient to them
    She is currently unemployed and playing around with a couple of ideas…and this is her latest one.
    So please give your HONEST opinion on whether you think it’s a good idea or is she just wasting her time competing against Bridal Shops.

I look forward to hearing the opinions!!!

brioliant idea!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭chrisr

I would like all you women out there to know off this shop and to stay well clear. Bridle Perfection, It is located in the Omni in Santry.
    My sister ordered her dress in April 2009, her wedding is in 2 weeks and she has been fobbed off so many time after making half a dozen trips up to the shop, just to be told "oh sorry its not here" and would you like this dress (already worn). She has realised her dress will not be in and she is not getting her deposit back to add insult to injury. My sister has been left so angry and upset over this, after all the dress is a huge part. now she has only 11 days now in which to find a dress and get fitted.

Please do not go near this shop if you do not want this hassle.

Chris

what reason have they given?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭chrisr

the 1st few times it was that it got delayed and then there was no reason given, just that they didn't have it. And they knew they wouldn't and my sister still had to make the trip up and get a minder. Where as they could have just phoned her and told her the truth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Yosh 4040

Hi, has anyone ever heard of Seroca Bridal I think it's in Lisnagry Limerick, if so just wondering are they any good for Bridesmaids dresses???

Cheers

theres an ad on donedeal .ie a lady selling sample dresses ex stock from bridal shop for 150euro each. i bought mine there at the weekend and its fabulous! i saved 1500 euro!!!! shes in dublin. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Bookkeeper09

lyndak082 wrote: »
    theres an ad on donedeal .ie a lady selling sample dresses ex stock from bridal shop for 150euro each. i bought mine there at the weekend and its fabulous! i saved 1500 euro!!!! shes in dublin. :D

Just saw this ad.
    Can you go out to her and try on the dresses|??

Just saw this ad.
    Can you go out to her and try on the dresses|??

oh u can yeh, she has them in her spare room and lets u try them on yourself i got mine there a few weeks ago

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone has had experience of Berketex brides in the Jervis centre. i think i have found a dress there i like. I found the first girl I dealt with very fake and pushy but theres another lovely girl i was dealing with on my 2nd try.

The dresses in the shop are all 'well worn!' Would anyone be able to say what they are like for aftercare and also in terms of being able to bargain with them. When i looked first there was 20% off dresses that day, if i now buy a dress, bolero, underskirt and veil (totalling 1700) do you think I might be able to push for getting it as say 1400?

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Bookkeeper09

Does anyone know if this shop is still open?
    Have been trying to ring to make an appointment but have been unable to get through!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Maz81

Hi,

This is slightly away from the subject of wedding dresses but does anyone know what the going rate for a dj is? Some of them are charging mileage if your outside a town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 tammy123

did u try ebay?? beautiful dresses there.

yup!!! ebay is good and it is the best place to get whatever you want to buy from there and you will get the best from there.

Thanks

Does anyone know if this shop is still open?
    Have been trying to ring to make an appointment but have been unable to get through!

This shop closed last october.

Thumpette wrote: »
    Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone has had experience of Berketex brides in the Jervis centre.

I bought my dress there. I'm having my fitting next week.
    I found them grand, no problems at all.
    I don't know about bargaining though. They had 20% off the dresses the day i bought mine and I knew it was a good price as i'd seen the same dress elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭Unwilling

Having just spent the past two weeks in and out of every bridal shop in Dublin I thought I would just post my opinions.

Alexanders Parnell Street - I found them to be brilliant. No nonsense - practical and very eager to please, but being honest at the same time. Happy to point out the positives and negatives of each gown I chose and NO pushy business. She even directed to me another shop - a competitors that she had heard great things of that may have had a dress more suitable.

Beretex - we had no appointment and popped in for a browse, but they were happy to help and had me fitted into dresses in ten mins...
    I only dealt with one lady here so I can not say that this mirrors every ones experiences. The point being it's not so much the SHOP as the assistant you get on the day. I did note however, reading the other entries, that they offered 20% discount on the day. They offered me that also.. and were slightly pushy that it was for that day only and I'd have to be quick about my decision.

Town Brides - powerscourt... heartbreakingly dissappointing. We had an appointment and ran out of another shop to be there on time.
    When we arrived the two assistants were each attending to a B2B which is fair enough, but neither acknowledged us, neither checked if we had appointments, we were ignored for 15 mins.
    So I left the shop.
    And I had really been looking forward to that visit in particular as I had heard he had a great eye...

We visited other shops but these were the most notable.

GOOD LUCK to any B2B's

Unwilling wrote: »

Town Brides - powerscourt... heartbreakingly dissappointing. We had an appointment and ran out of another shop to be there on time.
    When we arrived the two assistants were each attending to a B2B which is fair enough, but neither acknowledged us, neither checked if we had appointments, we were ignored for 15 mins.
    So I left the shop.
    And I had really been looking forward to that visit in particular as I had heard he had a great eye...

I completely agree on this.
    I was really looking forward to my appointment there as i'd heard so many good things. We were also left waiting for quite a while. When I did get seen to, i was only given 1 dress to try on and then told to come back in another 6 weeks when they'd have more stock in. If they didn't have stock they should have told me on the phone and i wouldn't have wasted my time.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭ANGEM

Have to agree with you about Alexanders they are fantastic :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Mia84

Hi all,

I was just wondering if anyone has any experience ordering their wedding dress online? I am thinking about it as the prices are great but its the fear of not knowing that is putting me off. Like do they have the corset built in like most of the dresses I've tried on? Is it easy enough to get alterations made when you recieve the dress?
    Any info would be great! I would really like to get some feed back from anyone that has actually ordered online and gone through the worry!! I have been looking at http://stores.ebay.ie/Elegance-Wedding and they have some amazing reviews.

Also, I have been to Alexanders and they were amazing! We just took a chance and walked in with no appointment. The sales assistant couldn't have been more helpful and choose dresses that she thought would suit me best. We spent just over an hour in the store and I felt amazing walking out. If I don't order online I will definatelty be going with Alexanders.
    Had the opposite experience with Berketex. Never again!

Thanks a mill.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 cici09

Hi ladies, Im in the early stages of setting up a wedding dress shop in kerry and im going in with no experience of owning a business, does anyone have any advice for me please Thanks:)

Advertisement