Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Wedding Music (Band, DJ, Singer) ONE POST PER BAND ONLY! Read post #1 First!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭CJay

Oh I'm trawling through it with joy joy feelings of happiness! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭fruitandnut

hey, anyone seen/heard a band recently called choke the chicken? think they are based in wexford and play around the south anywhere? i'd like to check them out if i knew where they played!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 the bride

Hi Guys!

I have a band playing in the Purty Kitchen (Bad Bobs in Temple Bar every Thursday if anyone is looking for a wedding band with a difference, sure come down and check us out, it's a good laugh to!..

www.myspace.com/totallywireddublin or www.weddingbandsdublin.com

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 the bride

h

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭wb

If anyone is looking for a bagpiper for hire, I'll whole heartedly recommend Irish Wedding Bagpipes.

This guy has done a few events for me and other people I know and is very good (and reasonable too!). The layout of his site isn't the best but don't let that put you off.

http://www.irishweddingbagpipes.com/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Mr Flashpants

I am looking for a singer/crooner for a very small wedding in Galway on 20 September 08 or a 2-3 piece band that does rat pack style songs or rock & roll/pop mix - any suggestions/advice

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 168 ✭✭girliegirl

I am looking for a singer/crooner for a very small wedding in Galway on 20 September 08 or a 2-3 piece band that does rat pack style songs or rock & roll/pop mix - any suggestions/advice

Saw an ad for these guys in a wedding mag... havent actually seen them play, but im sure you could go along to something they are playing tto have a look

http://www.theirishratpack.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 beadot80

Hey Im getting married in May next yr and im having problems getting a band . Im getting married in navan. My friend had agreat bad Jack is Jack they just seemed to have disappeared off the raydar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭DJ_Spider

@beadot80 Have you done a search on other sites than google? try yahoo, ask.com, altavista and scrubtheweb. Alternatively if you know the site address do a whois for it and see if you can get any info that way?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,234 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

girliegirl wrote: »
    Saw an ad for these guys in a wedding mag... havent actually seen them play, but im sure you could go along to something they are playing tto have a look

http://www.theirishratpack.com/

I'm pretty sure friends of ours used them for their wedding - they were pretty good (if it is the same crowd).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 frangleberry

Beadot80 we got married in Navan 2 years ago had a great band called "Raincheck" they played a bit of everything brilliant the dance floor was full all night!Then we had a dj I think the company was "Top Notch Djs"they are all over the North East very professional and nothing was too much trouble for them.My friend had 1 of there djs at a party in cavan one night and we had to get them.The band was € 1800 and the dj was €300(but he played nearly an extra hour when we asked home with no extra charge)PM me if you want the contact details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

http://www.nationwidedjs.ie

you won't beat this companies prices and quality when it comes to DJs. I believe they are launching a sister site soon for bands. I get the feeling that most people now are not willing to hand out wads of cash for bands and djs alike. THe credit crunch is also hitting the wedding industry too in a way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭DJ_Spider

It is always a good idea to get a few different quotes from DJs, then go with the one you think will give the best service. Things to ask a DJ are:
    Do you do a playlist?
    Is everything included? (including vat, use of microphone & travelling costs)
    Ask what he or she will be wearing. Some DJ’s wear tuxedos… but don’t count on it unless you ask.
    Ask about the DJ’s start and end times. Does the price include music during dinner? Include this specific information in your contract
    Make sure you ask who will be performing at your wedding. If you are working with a DJ service, ask to meet with the DJ ahead of time.
    Ask if they need a tablecloth or cover for their table(s). You don’t want to take all the time to decorate your reception location and have the DJ table stand out because it is an ugly brown card table.
    The last one is not as obvious as you might think. I did a gig a few years ago in the UK and they had done lovely table covers, but forgot to do one for my table! We had to quickly make one up.

Lastly congratulations to anyone getting married, I hope you will be very happy together.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,234 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I'm not sure if I already gave this link, but I can absolutely recommend Digital DJs. We used them for our wedding last July, and Daragh was a complete professional.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Brenser76

Hi

Having our wedding reception in the Rivercourt Hotel in Kilkenny next August. Could anyone recommend a good band?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭bored and tired

anyone heard of a band called quantum?? are they any good, or do they charge the earth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 carltonlarry

Sinatra & Friends www.sinatrafriends.com are excellent.They also provide
    a DJ after the band.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 noChurch09

Hello, hello, hello...are there any good bands in Cork area? the wedding's in midleton.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 conorbyrneirl

Anyone know of good bands up around Donegal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 cat_d

has anyone ever heard of the band Jigabyte? we are thinking of booking them for our wedding aug nxt yr in kerry. and to the other poster who asked about neily connor he is very good we are in debate between him and jigabyte...... but i heard neily is 2200 for next year so im not sure if we have that in our budget. i was hoping 2grand for band and dj would do.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Mick Shrimpton

Great Jazz band here...really versatile. Can be a small piano trio or bigger band if needed. Check it out!

www.jazzbeans.com

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭the immortals

hi all, i play in a band called "musicbox", we are a five piece live band, we are all pro musicians who have played and toured with the likes of chris de burgh, ikeano, riverdance to name but a few, we bring the house the down!!! feel free to pm for any info.......apologies for the shameless plug!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 pippins

Would really like some adivce about this band if any body has heard about them.......what are they like as a wedding band - did they play music that got the guests up dancing all night, will they play our choice of first dance song (don't like any of their suggestions on website). Would love to book them but we are so worried that guests may not like their 80's style only approach!!!! They are also extremely expensive so we'd like to think we are getting our monies worth!!!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭salad dodger

Anyone know of good bands up around Donegal?

Myself and the now mrs dodger tied the knot at the weekend and I can wholeheartedly recommend FLIPSIDE as a wedding band. They're really easy to work with, they don't mind people getting up to sing and they had our crowd on the floor all night with a great mix of music to suit all ages and tastes.

We got them for 15hundred which included the disco which they can also do. But we booked them 'bout two years ago and i'm aware that their fee goes up 'bout 100yoyos a year.

I think they are based out of Kilcar but they also have a website: www.flipside.ie

Hope this has been of some help

Best of luck

SD

• Registered Users Posts: 18 musicman100

Hi all, i was browsing and felt i should defend the price charged by wedding bands. Firstly, I play professionaly in a wedding band my self (10 years) so i have seen and done it all in this area. We charge €1400 to €2000 depending on distance to travel and if we are providing the disco as well.
    I do not think this is too expensive as you get what you pay for, if you book us 2-3 years in advance you know we will turn up, we will be on time, well presented, and we always give our best, every time we play!
    Your band are also giving up their fri or sat night and if booked well in advance it's not uncommon for a band member to miss family occasions, 21st/ wedding/ party etc. because the GIG comes first!
    Lastly, I personally have been doing this for 22 years and i'm still learning new stuff, rehearsing, buying gear (very expensive if you want to sound good) and keeping a van on the road for the band.
    When you add all this up you getting good value if your guests have a great night and you are happy.
    As one post says "people will remember the church the meal the venue, but most of all the entertainment. Don't scrimp on the band, you will get what you pay for!
    I'm interested to what others think and will answer any questions i can regarding band/disco/venue/set up etc..
    I have purposefully not given the name of my band as I don't want this to turn into an advertisement.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Mr.David

Hi Guys,

Can anyone point me in the direction of a really good (obviously!) Rockabilly wedding band? Like Jerry Lee Lewis, Chuck Berry, Ray Charles etc?! Oh ya, in the Dublin area I suppose. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Don't know one myself but I saw a show on Rte recently called 'consuming passions' which featured a dublin guy and his rockabilly band. Maybe contact Rte to find out who made the show to get in touch?

Hi all, i was browsing and felt i should defend the price charged by wedding bands. Firstly, I play professionaly in a wedding band my self (10 years) so i have seen and done it all in this area. We charge €1400 to €2000 depending on distance to travel and if we are providing the disco as well.

I don't think that's over the odds when you divide the money up between 3/4/5 people, and take into account your equipment and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭mcsean2163

Mr.David wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Can anyone point me in the direction of a really good (obviously!) Rockabilly wedding band? Like Jerry Lee Lewis, Chuck Berry, Ray Charles etc?! Oh ya, in the Dublin area I suppose. Cheers

Superfly. Check their website. They're expensive though, we were quoted €3500

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭mcsean2163

pippins wrote: »
    Would really like some adivce about this band if any body has heard about them.......what are they like as a wedding band - did they play music that got the guests up dancing all night, will they play our choice of first dance song (don't like any of their suggestions on website). Would love to book them but we are so worried that guests may not like their 80's style only approach!!!! They are also extremely expensive so we'd like to think we are getting our monies worth!!!!!:D

We went to around ten weddings in 2007 and Springbreak were the best band. Loads of people got up dancing and they dress up to look eighties too!

Advertisement