Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Formula 1 2014: Round 19 - Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Is alcohol advertisement banned over there? Don't see any Martini branding on Williams.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

astrofluff wrote: »
    Is alcohol advertisement banned over there? Don't see any Martini branding on Williams.

Pretty sure it is. Rosewater on the podium and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭lolie

Pretty poor from ferrari.
    Fail to win tomorrow and it's first time season since 1980 they've failed to win a race.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

lolie wrote: »
    Fail to win tomorrow and it's first time season since 1980 they've failed to win a race.

Don't forget the 1993 season when they didn't win any races. Same for 1992 and 1991.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

lolie wrote: »

Heard that comment on BBC and thought it was wrong. Maybe they meant podium? Did a Ferrari not podium this year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Just checked, Alonso did in China and Hungary.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

Heard that comment on BBC and thought it was wrong. Maybe they meant podium? Did a Ferrari not podium this year?

It was that if McLaren or Ferrari don't win tomorrow, it will be the first season that neither has since 1980.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Tippex

I've watched that JB interview on sky and I don't believe this is his last race in F1. I just have this feeling we will defo be seeing him next year. I have no logical reasoning apart from a hunch / gut feeling.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,260 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Tippex wrote: »
    I've watched that JB interview on sky and I don't believe this is his last race in F1. I just have this feeling we will defo be seeing him next year. I have no logical reasoning apart from a hunch / gut feeling.

Hopefully.
    Disgraceful treatment of a world champ either way.

Jordan 191 wrote: »
    Don't forget the 1993 season when they didn't win any races. Same for 1992 and 1991.

Oops, must have misheard them :o
    Peanut butterjelly cleared it up, should have checked b4 posting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,278 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Red Bull's cars have been declared illegal apparently due to too much flex in the front wings.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Going Strong

Tippex wrote: »

I got the same feeling from his comments to Coulthard on BBC. He alluded to this being a "sad" season when talking about the death of his father and seemed to hint that it was his final F1 season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Both Red Bulls excluded from quali but allowed to start from back of grid tomorrow.

At least it gives the Williams a clear-ish run at the Mercs. And Button with a squeak of a podium.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Coincidentally McLaren decided not to run their RBR inspired front wing in quali, was slower than the previous one apparentlly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Red Bull's cars have been declared illegal apparently due to too much flex in the front wings.

I was watching the highlights of FP2 this morning and nose camera footage from the Williams showed clear deflection of the front wings on the straights, and when the driver braked, the wing rose up to resume its original position. I'm surprised this wasn't commented on as I suspect this was boderline in terms of legality.

Jordan 191 wrote: »

Correct! Prost won Spain 1990 and the next win Ferrari had was Hochenheim 1994 with Berger, a race made infamous by Verstappens Benneton engulfing itself during refueling.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,266 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Another one.

If Raikkonen doesn't beat K-Mag for 10th in the championship, it will be the worse season by a full-time Ferrari driver since Didier Pironi in 1981.

From twitter.
    Adam Cooper ‏@adamcooperF1 5m5 minutes ago
    Re the RBR wing flaps, I'm told the FIA discovered a leaf spring arrangement encased in a rubber shroud

• Registered Users Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Gintonious wrote: »
    From twitter.

RBR are also claiming that they have been singled out but apparently 4 teams had their wings checked.

• Advertisement

Infoanon wrote: »
    RBR are also claiming that they have been singled out but apparently 4 teams had their wings checked.

Force India, Williams are names that were mentioned, so RB aren't being singled out. Odd though that it only shows its head at the last race.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,260 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

I was watching the highlights of FP2 this morning and nose camera footage from the Williams showed clear deflection of the front wings on the straights, and when the driver braked, the wing rose up to resume its original position. I'm surprised this wasn't commented on as I suspect this was boderline in terms of legality.

Scarbsf1 has tweeted footage of the Williams wing deflection. Looks pretty reasonable to me. It would appear the fault is in the rules that don't require a more rigid stricture.
    Redbull on the other hand using some form of hidden spring is very dodgy. Of itself fitting a spring in a linear capacity wouldn't be of benefit over flexing materials. The spring must be working in conjunction with trick components to circumvent the movable aero rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Unbelievable, RB are real cheating backstards. They're rotten to the core with that sort of stuff. In fact, fair play to Vettle for jumping ship - that's probably the only decent comment I'll give him!

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

Found this brilliant quip on Twitter earlier:
    Twitter wrote:
    Red Bull gives you springs!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,469 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

that's just plain cheating rather than probing the boundaries. should be much more severe penalty for that kind of thing.

Adam Parr seems to think Red Bull are in for much bigger punishment.
    https://mobile.twitter.com/adam_s_parr/status/536285223433302016

If they did get thrown out then does it mean vettel still hasn't been beaten at Red Bull by a teammate.

This could be a fairly hefty issue for RB.

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Coincidentally McLaren decided not to run their RBR inspired front wing in quali, was slower than the previous one apparentlly.

Haha, well it was a copy of the RB wing, so it would make sense for them to not run it :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Here's some photos from yesterday at Abu Dhabi....
    bi7o4364.jpg?w=640&h=426

bi7o4128.jpg?w=640&h=425

bi7o4121.jpg?w=640&h=426

d34a9237.jpg?w=640&h=426

bi7o4301.jpg?w=640&h=426

d34a9153.jpg?w=640&h=426

bi7o4068.jpg?w=640&h=426

bi7o3755.jpg?w=640&h=425

Advertisement