Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Only final year grading for overall degree?

• 19-11-2014 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭

Is it true only your final year is taking into account for your overall degree mark?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭Elessar

I dont think so? In the IT courses it's 10% year 2, 10% year 3 and 80% year 4 .

If you are doing the certificate course first I'm not sure if this is the case though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Voltex

Yep...that was the case for my degree..final year marks were all that counted. Made bit of a joke of all the hard work we put in over the other years.

Still went on to do a Masters. In that case both years are counted.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭spongebob89

Voltex wrote: »
    Yep...that was the case for my degree..final year marks were all that counted. Made bit of a joke of all the hard work we put in over the other years.

Still went on to do a Masters. In that case both years are counted.

I think you need to put in the hard work either way though to ensure ya even pass the module an save you a repeat and cash, personally im putting alot into second year just to keep up and its nice goin into an exam sittin on 25% to relieve pressure

Advertisement