Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gamers / Gamer groups wanted!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

This was most excellent imo and great location.

I will second this!

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 22 capt fantastic

Hi everyone.

In Galway we have a group simple named Board Games club Galway and we meet in a hacker space called 091 Labs

This is our board sub forum with links to our Facebook page.
    http://http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=83126446

The Hacker space is the limbo between a home and a town space for playing board games.
    Since everything is casual and member run you don't have to worry about noise or jokes and all that.

We meet every Friday at 7 to play and anyone is welcome to come along.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 foobally

Any groups in Waterford city? I used to play a bit of Risk and Monopoly with friends in college and I remember one attempt at Junta but not much since, I've always wanted to get more into it. Anything going on?

As far as I can tell no.
    Not that I am a Waterford local but I haven't heard of one.
    Looks like your going to have to start one up.

If your interested You can PM me and ill tell how we went about starting ours up.
    If you do go down that route there is a group board games Ireland who are trying to promote events nationally.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭shemwhistler

Hi folks,

Would it be out of line to post here for a group I'm trying to get started north of the border?

Cheers
    Matt

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

So long as it's not a commercial venture, then please feel free!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭Jsmurff

Just wondering if there's anyone in cork that plays pokemon tcg

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Looking either in Trading Card Games: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=436 or the Pokémon forum: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1309 would probably get you better results!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭Jsmurff

Looking either in Trading Card Games: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=436 or the Pokémon forum: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1309 would probably get you better results!

Actually quite the opposite that's why I posted here… looking for a "Gaming Group"

• Advertisement

Hi,

I'm Matt and I live in Lisburn. I'm trying to put together a group who would like to meet up every couple of Friday/Saturday nights for board gaming goodness.

I'm thinking along the lines of Ticket to Ride, Catan, that kind of thing. Though I've just started listening to Dice Tower and am slowly building up a wishlist of games to play

I'm more than happy to host and make a half decent cup of coffee, so if you'd be interested in this please let me know.

Cheers
    Matt

Hi Matt

I'm from Galway myself but our group went down to Limerick for Knavecon.
    There we meet a group called the Wee gamers. They are a gamer group as well as community I think. I dunno if you are familiar with them or not but they are based in Carrickfergus I believe which shouldn't be far from you.

Look for Wee Gamers on Facebook to find there Facebook page.

This is there Facebook page.

Hope that helps.

Hi Matt

I'm from Galway myself but our group went down to Limerick for Knavecon.
    There we meet a group called the Wee gamers. They are a gamer group as well as community I think. I dunno if you are familiar with them or not but they are based in Carrickfergus I believe which shouldn't be far from you.

Look for Wee Gamers on Facebook to find there Facebook page.

This is there Facebook page.

Hope that helps.

That's great, thanks Cap.

To try and help recruitment for our wee group I've setup a Facebook page, please check it out if you're interested in joining us for some boardgaming goodness.

https://www.facebook.com/nowttdoni

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

This was most excellent imo and great location.
    Sabre0001 wrote: »
    I will second this!

Thanks guys. I sort of lost interest in boards.ie but my love of board games is still strong hence setting up boardgamesireland.com and the meet up group. Oolong was a great spot, shame the group rapidly outgrew it and it just didn't have the space to accomadate us anymore. For those who don't know we currently meet up in Thomas Read's on Dame Street each Tuesday evening from 7pm. Always a big crowd of between 30-40 people and very easy to get in on an open game.

Limerick seems to have all the best boardgame conventions though, so I'll be heading back down next month for BroCon: http://brocon.info/

Have been a few times and it's always fun but it looks like it's going to be even more gaming focused this year. Also if you haven't had a donut from Dungeons and Donuts then you have yet to live!

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Rougebladez

Living in glanmire cork and I have an interest in Eclipse and Nations mostly but am open to most boardgames. Currently sourcing Race for the Galaxy and would love to meet up with fellow gamers for a few games. Over 40 here but could host for a few people 2-3. Larger group wouldn't suit due to kids in the house. Am willing to travel but not too far. Let me know if your interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Athlone DnD

Hello all I'm currently trying to set up a general table top group in the Athlone/Midlands area.
    I've posted more in the Westmeath subforum for those interested.
    Open for any and all games!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭barneysplash

Hello

Are there still any groups in Drogheda?

Thanks

Barneysplash

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Jadytte

Hi all,

Just to update on the Listowel boardgaming folk, we're now to be found on facebook, if anyone is interested to join, look up ListowelBK or Listowel Board Knights (I forgot I can't post the link, but you should find it by searching that)

We've been meeting regularly over the summer (every week or two) but may be reducing that to once a month over the winter. Follow us on facebook to keep in the loop :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭MarkHall

An addition to the groups in the North
    We are a small club and a friendly bunch, so new members are always welcome!
    Bertha's Bar, Castlerock.
    It's free to come down, just buy a drink or two to keep the landlord happy. This needn't be alcohol, pop will do. :-)

The club opens at 7pm but most people arrive at 7:30pm.

Please ask to join our group for more info:

https://www.facebook.com/CausewayGiantsGaming

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Siskey

Hey everyone! I'm living back out in Bray at the moment and am looking for some people to play some wargames with locally. I play a lot of Warmachine/Hordes, and if anyone's looking to play some of the Games Workshop skirmish games like Necromunda or Gorkamorka I'd definitely be interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 AMysteriousCat

Siskey wrote: »
    Hey everyone! I'm living back out in Bray at the moment and am looking for some people to play some wargames with locally. I play a lot of Warmachine/Hordes, and if anyone's looking to play some of the Games Workshop skirmish games like Necromunda or Gorkamorka I'd definitely be interested.

Hey Siskey, I'm trying to get into a bit of weekend gaming if you're still looking for people. I actually haven't played it but I've always wanted to try Necromunda. Living in Sandymount at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Twigster

Hi, anyone aware of any tabletop groups based in Meath?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Croaker

Just wondering are there any Tipperary based gamers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭grosser

Hi folks, any body based near athenry area interested in forming a group?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 AMysteriousCat

LFG in Dublin! Anyone out there?

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Rougebladez

Looking for one to three in Glanmire area in cork during the weeknights if anyone is interested.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

LFG in Dublin! Anyone out there?

Good few groups in dublin, most popular one:
    http://www.meetup.com/Board-Games-Ireland/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭K_user

grosser wrote: »
    I'd be interested, PM me if you are still looking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 sharnett

grosser wrote: »

I'm only after seeing this post now. I'm based in Athenry and would be interested in helping to set up a boardgaming group in or around the village. For a variety of reasons, I find it difficult to get to the gaming groups in Galway.

PM me is you're still looking for players.

Advertisement