Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Wedding Music (Band, DJ, Singer) ONE POST PER BAND ONLY! Read post #1 First!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 littlebuddy84

Can anyone recommend someone to play music for a couple of hours at my wedding reception? Not a band maybe someone with a guitar? I'm based in Wexford.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭clint_silver

Can anyone recommend someone to play music for a couple of hours at my wedding reception? Not a band maybe someone with a guitar? I'm based in Wexford.
    Do you mean dancey music for the afters or like some ballad/folk music on arrival ?
    If you contact your hotel/venue they'll have a list of local guys who'll do this.

Do you mean dancey music for the afters or like some ballad/folk music on arrival ?
    If you contact your hotel/venue they'll have a list of local guys who'll do this.

We're looking for music for the afters. We don't really want a band as such. The hotel gave us a list of musicians but most were all ready booked for our date or not suitable.

We're looking for music for the afters. We don't really want a band as such. The hotel gave us a list of musicians but most were all ready booked for our date or not suitable.

Youre in a quandry here then, if youre going for the 1 man band thing its most likely to do with budget which is fair enough.
    All the good 1-2 piece bands get booked early and if all the ones on your hotel list are gone Im guessing youre going for a popular date so you gotta start looking further afield to other counties, most hotels in a county would have the same list of guys but Id suggest trying other hotels in the region for lists. If you get a local guy you have more bargaining power over cost rather than getting a guy down from dublin. If you cant get a guy who you like, try getting a DJ only.
    If youre still having trouble, try the agencies, like livebandwarehouse.com who have a number of acts on their books who might be suitable.

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Had a poor experience with a wedding dj recently. Met him and all went well and he said he would send on a quote.

4 days and nothing so sent a follow up mail
    2days and nothing another follow up mail
    2 days still nothing left a voicemail

We were really interested in him but very disappointed by the lack of communications.

Anyone know of any other master of ceremonies/djs in Dublin area

thats the business side that guys have to learn, could be the best DJ in the country on a given night but have his business be let down by bad communication. Entirely up to you but Id give him feedback on it, quick text or email to say why youre not booking him.

Lots of guys in Dublin available, you wont have a problem getting someone. Post your date here, guys will reply if available.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Wexy86

I'd try Dave Clarke, sounds exactly what your looking for! Great guy can get a ro going on his own, here's his facebook page link. I'd say he will be playing in town over the festival if you want to try and get a listen.

https://m.facebook.com/daveclarkbyrd

Wexy86 wrote: »
    I'd try Dave Clarke, sounds exactly what your looking for! Great guy can get a ro going on his own, here's his facebook page link. I'd say he will be playing in town over the festival if you want to try and get a listen.

Thanks a million. I have sent Dave Clark a message.

Youre in a quandry here then, if youre going for the 1 man band thing its most likely to do with budget which is fair enough.
    All the good 1-2 piece bands get booked early and if all the ones on your hotel list are gone Im guessing youre going for a popular date so you gotta start looking further afield to other counties, most hotels in a county would have the same list of guys but Id suggest trying other hotels in the region for lists. If you get a local guy you have more bargaining power over cost rather than getting a guy down from dublin. If you cant get a guy who you like, try getting a DJ only.
    If youre still having trouble, try the agencies, like livebandwarehouse.com who have a number of acts on their books who might be suitable.
    Yes it has a lot to do with budget and the fact that's its only a small wedding of 50 people.
    We have contacted 2 guys so far but if that doesn't work out I'd say we'll get a DJ. I'll have a look at those sites. Thanks for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Mags O D

Hi guys, I am getting married next year in July and I am looking for a band. It's a small wedding with only between 80 to 100 guests and it's in tralee so I am looking for a small band with maybe three or four members and plays a mixture of music

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Diddler82

Hello all,

We are having our wedding reception in the Gravity Bar of the Guinness Storehouse on the 30th of May next year and are looking for a band. One that can include a DJ who can play until 1:30am (with the Bar Extension) would be good but not essential.

To the best of my knowledge the Storehouse is not suited to large bands as the acoustics are not great due to the glass!

I would appreciate if any interested bands could PM me with some details and as we are based in Sydney, I would like to see a link to some vids if possible (or if they can be simply found on your website/Youtube.. I’m not that lazy, happy to search!)

• Advertisement

Diddler82 wrote: »
    Hello all,

We are having our wedding reception in the Gravity Bar of the Guinness Storehouse on the 30th of May next year and are looking for a band. One that can include a DJ who can play until 1:30am (with the Bar Extension) would be good but not essential.

To the best of my knowledge the Storehouse is not suited to large bands as the acoustics are not great due to the glass!

I would appreciate if any interested bands could PM me with some details and as we are based in Sydney, I would like to see a link to some vids if possible (or if they can be simply found on your website/Youtube.. I’m not that lazy, happy to search!)

I've played there with a 6 piece and seen an 8 piece with brass in there and its fine, get a good band who know their business and it shouldn't be a problem as they'll have a guy doing sound who'll be able to EQ it properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 kayfabeheel

Hi there,

I'm getting married on the 21st march 2015 in Beleek Castle, Ballina. I'm struggling to find a dj for about a 5 hour set (10pm- 3am)

Any suggestions?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Preset No.3

PM Sent

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Mags O D

Hi there. We are getting married 24th july 2015 in Tralee and I am looking for a band that plays a mixture of music and doesn't cost an arm and a leg. We are only having 80 to 100 guests so a small band would suit,also we are looking for a dj as well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭bigneacy

Hi,

Looking for a band and/or DJ for Dundalk/Drogheda area next December. Open to receiving PM's from bands or suggestions. Thanks! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Emasull

Hi all .Any reccommendations for good reasonably priced wedding bands in limerick ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

Hi can anyone recommend a band that can travel to, or are from Wexford?

We are getting married in august 2016.

Ideally we are looking for a band with male and female vocals!

I've been looking at blush band and think they are very good but am worried about the older crowd!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 JJJessy

We are looking at The Suite Band has anyone heard them at a wedding cant find much feedback on them ?

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭johnjohn3423

We are looking for a wedding band for the 22nd August next year in the Limerick/Tipperary region. I would appreciate if any interested bands could PM me with some details.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭djb85

Hi,

Could anyone recommend a male/female duo for a humanist ceremony and reception in the Carlow area?

Ideally something slightly different with a singer songwriter or folk/trad feel rather than the traditional church vocalist. Someone who gigs around pubs doing acoustic covers would be perfect.

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Lima Golf

Hi we're looking for a band to play at our reception in Ballina, Co. Mayo on Sat 4/6/16. Does anyone have any recommendations please?

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭shortstuff!

Looking for a band for wedding reception in Trim, Meath Friday 04/11/16, appreciate pm's from interested bands or if anyone has recommendations? Don't know where to start!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭pooch90

The Best Men played our wedding in Kilmessan, amazing band and fairly local too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 nwo4life25

Looking for a dj for wedding 21/3/2015

Full night

Mayo region

please PM if interested!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Hey all, looking for some reviews on a few bands I've been looking into, The funky buskers, the firm and mc5. Has anybody heard any of these?
    Thanks a mill

Oh and also the elastic band?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,832 ✭✭✭statto25

I am looking for some suggestions on band/singer for the drinks reception before the meal. Looking for some upbeat music to get people in the mood before the real party starts. Reception is in Mayo on Valentines Day 15.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭pooch90

Have you checked out the Kooky Ukes? Quite possibly booked but are great.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 LastWord

We had After Dark, very professional and easy to deal with. Did a DJ as well and had everyone going all night. Everyone talking about them the day after
    My sister in law had Delorean, 80's band, put on a great show too
    pm me if you want any info

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭spankysue

Hi all, we're looking for a wedding dj for May 9th 2015 in Waterford for the full night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭Saint Sonner

Anyone any suggestions for pre reception band - ideally Irish Trad or open to ideas but something not too noisy.

Wedding Reception in Co Louth

Advertisement